PDA

View Full Version : Time-warp

Dooz
12-31-2005, 15:37
-EDIT-
Aw crap, just saw this reported in the collected bugs thread.... my apologies :oops: .

Playing as the Casse. Following the Summer or Fall of 264 B.C. when I press end turn, after the AI is done the date turns to 14 A.D. and the end-game screen pops up. All the technological advances or whatnot icons appear on the side that would have appeared I assume up to that date. However, the date turns back to 264 B.C. after all that, but the damage has been done.

-edit-

Oops, it's actually during winter, and pretty certain it's a scripting issue. I loaded a save-game from the winter of 264 B.C. and when I activated the script, the date turned to 14 A.D. and the climate on the map changed to non-winter.

Spendios
12-31-2005, 16:42
It happened to me exactly the same thing at the same date playing with Pontos

Dooz
12-31-2005, 17:35
It's apparently happened to a bunch of people on the same date. Played a few turns without the script then turned it back on and all was well. Only thing is all my generals aged an extra 2 years for no reason and AI probably had some problems during those turns, but everything is cool now.

The_Mark
01-01-2006, 00:57
Yes, it is a known bug that happens at that specified date, it's a piece of erroneous code in a fixed position, and that's why it happens exactly in 246. It is fixed in the next patch, whenever it comes out.

Simetrical
01-01-2006, 07:43
And for a temporary workaround, just play a few turns without the script, then enable it.

Antagonist
01-01-2006, 15:15
This has probably already been noticed (although I didn't see it on any of the threads about this issue) but just in case: I got hit by this bug, and after a turn everything went "back to normal" but one thing that seems to have remained is that certain military reforms have stayed in place. For example, before the bug Romani generals had a bodyguard unit of Equites Consulares, but afterwards, even when the date has returned to normal, they have Augustan-era Equites Singulares, which is kind of annoying, especially because they're very powerful.
It doesn't seem to have affected their actual unit production (they're not building praetorian cohorts or anything) and it isn't affecting any other factions that I can see, but it's very annoying. Anyone else experience this?

Antagonist

The_Mark
01-01-2006, 18:24
That's interesting. We've had reports of Augustan bodyguards appearing too early, but I'm not sure how the bug could affect the bodyguards.

Antagonist
01-01-2006, 21:44
Just to expand on it after a bit more investigation: I don't know whether this is caused by the 14AD thing (that was just my assumption) but it's definately there. This is in 262 BC - I had a look around Italia with toggle_perfect_spy, and I found that the SPQR has, in total, 8 family members. Of these, 6 have Singulares, and 2 have Consulares for bodyguards. The latter 2 are also the oldest, at 61 and 58, none of the remainder being older than 51.

I don't know if that's helpful, just thought I'd clarify a bit more.

Antagonist