PDA

View Full Version : Various bugs-errors

SwordsMaster
12-31-2005, 22:29
Hey all. My current campaign as the SPQR is progressing ok, but I've noticed a few bugs that cause a CTD and a few general errors that I thought I might as well post here too.

1. CTD: After some poking around and changing stuff, there is no player-dependant cause that produces a CTD in my campaigns, but I found that if, during the AI turn, one of the AI's diplomats approaches some of my cities with the intention of bribing them (or whatever he does when the animation shows up, but the negotiation scroll doesn't), it causes a CTD more often than not. I could not find more detailed relation as to why, except that it has nothing to do with the player, as all 4 times it happened it was in different years, bilding queues, armies, etc. and I tried to recreated it several times with no result.

2. General errors: for some odd reason I am unable to train troops in Rhegium even though it has a type1 goverment and a level 2 MIC. Am i missing something or this shouldn't happen?

3. My governors tend to get the "desert warrior" trait when they spent the last 20 or so years sitting put in Capua and Arretium and only fought rebels that popped up nearby.

4. The carthaginian general unit says "Karthadahastim general placeholder". It is funny when you fight a placeholder with 40 men that takes away half of your skirmishers and asks for more...

Nothing else. May you all have a happy New Year!

Simetrical
01-01-2006, 07:45
Thank you for your reports. They've been noted.

CTD: After some poking around and changing stuff, there is no player-dependant cause that produces a CTD in my campaigns, but I found that if, during the AI turn, one of the AI's diplomats approaches some of my cities with the intention of bribing them (or whatever he does when the animation shows up, but the negotiation scroll doesn't), it causes a CTD more often than not. I could not find more detailed relation as to why, except that it has nothing to do with the player, as all 4 times it happened it was in different years, bilding queues, armies, etc. and I tried to recreated it several times with no result.If the crashes are persistent, see here (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=40497).

SwordsMaster
01-01-2006, 15:31
Ok, I found the error. It is cause by a Ptolemaioi army west of Edessa moving in to besiege the city. Apparently the army is crossing a river without a bridge which is what was causing the CTD. If I cancel the move order for the army no CTD happens and the game progresses fine. I can send you a screenchot and the saved file if you want it.

Simetrical
01-02-2006, 08:55
By all means, send a save file to Simetrical@europabarbarorum.com.

sedlacekj
01-02-2006, 16:03
Hi, I am using 0.7.2 EB. I am playing the yuehzi and I used the add_money 99999 after pressing ~. I only got 48,000 mnai from that function. Afterwards, my graphics are skipping and the date changed from about 250 BC to 14 AD. My saved game is at 14 AD summer. Each time I reload the game the graphics/animation is fine but once I press the icon for the background scripting, I get the skipping/halting stuff. This causes the animation sequence to take 3-4 times as long to complete, such as my general moving from one point to the other. It affects all the characters, the diplomat, and the spy.

The_Mark
01-02-2006, 16:36
add_money has a ~40000 limit to the money it can add. For the skipping, look at the Time Warp/Fast Forward to 14AD threads. There's plenty of them.

sedlacekj
01-03-2006, 05:35
Thanks that helped. Is 0.7.2 the latest?

SwordsMaster
01-04-2006, 01:11
hmmm...
There is a whole load of messages and notifications that appeared this turn as you can see on the left, and also the victory condition one...
And look at the year!

https://img278.imageshack.us/img278/7416/victorycond0wu.jpg