PDA

View Full Version : Trait Error

Reddington
01-01-2006, 05:43
:help:

I just download EB and I started the game as Rome. I played a few truns and then invaded Taras in Southern Italy. A large part of the Epirote garrison left the city on the previous turn so I began to lay siege. Then the army came back and attacked my forces. In the battle I won a Heroic Victory.

I think my General unit had 10-40 kills maybe.

Then I finished the turn. One the next turn, [Ver, 271 B.C.] my general, Caivs Avrelivs Cotta, get the Bored trait.

I don't know if it is a bug but I don't think a General should get the 'bored' trait after having fought in a battle the previous turn, especially after winning a Heroic Victory!

Teleklos Archelaou
01-01-2006, 05:54
That was pretty fast. But don't worry too much. It's not a permanent thing. Just walk him around a bit and find him somewhere like Rome where he's got more to do. He won't like sitting around in a (now) border town unless there's more fighting. And the bored trait doesn't hurt you itself, it just makes you more susceptible to finding another way to pass your time. Let's hope he takes a mistress. Have you got one that another fellow has? Maybe you could keep him 'unbored' with one of those. :laugh4:

Reddington
01-01-2006, 06:03
It's only been a few truns so far so none of my Generals have picked up any mistresses...yet. I'll probably just swap him with the General in Roma or let him lead my Northern Legion. Either way I'll keep him busy.

GoreBag
01-01-2006, 07:44
Really, though, bored with a Heroic Victory? That doesn't seem right.

Malrubius
01-01-2006, 15:48
It may need some threshold and trigger tweaking so it takes more than 1 turn to get bored. We definitely have a "beta" version of the Bored trait right now. ~;p