PDA

View Full Version : Ice Torfque's Gigantic map, with much more cities

iberus_generalis
01-02-2006, 14:11
hello to you all, i've recently played RTW with icetorque's map for 1.5, and i must say, i loved it, but although it was gigantic, and really cool, i found it was a little devoid of life and cities..so i'll set ou to add as many cities as i can, to this already wonderful map, a litle like in the Morecities mod, but as i have now a lot more space to work, and like maps with many cities, i'll had many more if i can! =)

well, i'm still new to modding, but none the less, i've started already making the intial research, and came up with nothing less than 345 candidates for insertion, but as the hardcoded limits to cities is 200, it will have to be 200 cities then...the game is to begin near the 300 bc, if not sooner, so as to make the romans more weak, but that is something to be discussed and pondered.
Many of the original cities shall be maintained, but many more shall be exchanged to more important cities at the time..some provinces shall be tiny, others shall be bigger.. the goal, is to try to reproduce the roman empire at it's high! one of the preliminary ideas is to give the roman factions something to fight for, starting the julii without any provinces, and only a medium army, having to fight to get even the first city(thinking of Veii)and the same to the scipii and brutii, but that is still being pondered with my historical advisor..
So far i've added up to 16 cities in the Hispania Region, being them:
Olissipvs, Scallabis, Portvs Cale, Nabantia, Bracara Avgvsta, Emerita, Gades, Malaca, Cordvba, Brigiticvm, Astvrica, Carthago Nova, Valentia, Tarraco, Caesar Avgvsta, and Toletvm..still thinking of introducing saguntum and others, but must keep track on the number... i've tried so far to keep geographic reality in the position of the cities..

now i see that maybe ill have to divide the map into sections so that no part of the map is forgotten, and so unbalace the factions and in the process the game. but one thing is certain, ill try to make the gauls and iberians more hard to beat, as they were a pain in the ass for the romans, specialy the iberians.. with the development more factions might get stronger, but it is too soon to say..lol! =)

i'll try to make the AI(if possible) have certain behavior, as to simulate the punic wars, and other wars, but still have no clue how to do it.. help might be welcome...Another thing i could try, if i have time, and knowledg to, is to make aliances count, and improve the diplomacy a bit, as to create alliances against certain factions, like for example the anti-Carthage alliances that rome did at the end of the first punic war..lol but for that i would require the help of the comunity, so don't be shy, and post your opinions and sugestions, cuz if i get the time, or find it useful for the mod, i could at least try to implement into the map/game...
I might still be new to modding but i learn quick, and like to dominate the area of knowledge in which im working, so any teaching shall be welcome as well!like the old man said, knowledge is never too much, as it doesn't ocupy space! :book:

KonstantinosXI
01-02-2006, 16:15
good!

Ibiricus_Viriatus
01-02-2006, 20:02
nice...keep it up!!!I can't wait!!

I was born to rule and conquer :skull: Ibericus_Viriatus :skull:

Roman_Man#3
11-30-2006, 01:13
so how is this going?

and a very delayed welcome to Ibiricus_Viriatus

RM3

iberus_generalis
12-05-2006, 00:32
at the moment is on hold... i was able to get the map working with the 200 regions, although not evenly distributed, but real life issues got in the way, and i never got the chance to finish it...then my HD had a crash and i lost all my files... i do have an early backup with 173 regions in, but i will have to spend some time redoing the rest and then atributing the regions and cities to factions... and when i get this, and if i get this working it will be an add on for EB, as im mostly active in modding this mod in my personal build.... wait for some news in the future of this project of mine... as in less then a week im gonna come back to modding=) and probably to this small project of mine...

Fate
12-05-2006, 01:57
I dont know if you're going to do much relating to the actual factions and unit lists, but i cannot emphasise how handy a unit of iberian spearmen would be, post marian. Im on a pretty immense campaign, fighting in north africa against the scippi, southern gaul against the jullii and the gauls, northern gaul against britain, and eastern gaul/germania against the germans. Anyway, spears needed *nods* lol