PDA

View Full Version : Flag bug

kvdd
01-02-2006, 16:46
Ive send a mail, with an explanation, and the question to reply my mail. But i get no answer :no:

But anyway, here comes my mail, with the bug in it: :laugh4:

Hello Khelvan,

I play RTW for a long time, and i have now played ur mod EB.

I saw some bugs, the pictures are in the Attachement.

Explanation:
I fight against the rebels in a battle. (i think it is an standards bug, i mean the army flags)
I have an army, and i have a reinforcements. Both are romans.

Here the associated pictures (not in tumbnail):

Picture1: (myarmy_ROMAN_.JPG) This is my army, i play the Romans.
NOTE: See the army-flags!! These are not the right flags, as u will see in picture2.

https://img318.imageshack.us/img318/4463/myarmyroman3ql.jpg

Picture2: Those army-flags are the right, but they are from my reinforcements. Roman too.
NOTE: See the army-flags again!! Those are from my reinforcements. Those flags are the good one.
https://img323.imageshack.us/img323/1185/andthenmyreinforcments9ri.jpg

See? My reinforcements have the correct flag, and the army that i controlled have the "arche seleukeia" flag, BUT I AM ROMAN!!!!

Plz comments . . .

TB666
01-02-2006, 16:58
Yeah it is a known bug I think.
The romans have gotten confused with the greeks.

Malrubius
01-02-2006, 22:02
I wouldn't hold out for a reply; he gets probably hundreds of emails a day, just for this mod! I email him a few times a day, myself! ~;)

Teleklos Archelaou
01-02-2006, 22:11
This problem was a very easy one to solve (we just out-thought and over-corrected ourselves in the first place). We have the fix submitted already and you won't have to worry about this in any future builds.

hoom
01-02-2006, 23:33
I have been getting plain white banners for Eleutheroi in battle.
The Greek Eleutheroi on Sicily have a flag in battle but not the Brigand ones with Punic/Iberian units around Carthago, they have a plain white banner.

kvdd
01-03-2006, 14:52
I wouldn't hold out for a reply; he gets probably hundreds of emails a day, just for this mod! I email him a few times a day, myself! ~;)

I am not frustrated, that he dont reply to me ;)

But now i have a good look over his "email-situation" :)

This problem was a very easy one to solve (we just out-thought and over-corrected ourselves in the first place). We have the fix submitted already and you won't have to worry about this in any future builds.

Ok, in the next mod release is this fixed?

Tnx all!

Teleklos Archelaou
01-03-2006, 16:31
We have no idea currently why some eleutheroi banners in Sicily and Iberia are sometimes flashing blank and sometimes showing proper emblems and sometimes showing blur patterns - all in a single battle. Weird.

Magnificant me
01-06-2006, 23:39
Is this some thing simple to fix, if it is may be you can tell us how to fix it? or is it complicated and involved?

Teleklos Archelaou
01-07-2006, 00:23
One of the fixes just involves going into data/models/textures/ and switching the names on the julii and seleucid battle flags. We had just done it twice and "overswitched" :grin:

I'm on another cpu right now and don't know the precise name of the files.

Magnificant me
01-07-2006, 02:27
dose this also corect the culture switching too? If it dose not, will this fix it?

Demiurge
01-10-2006, 05:13
One of the fixes just involves going into data/models/textures/ and switching the names on the julii and seleucid battle flags. We had just done it twice and "overswitched"

I'm on another cpu right now and don't know the precise name of the files.

can you be more specific? I went in there and didn't find any files named banners. We need the specific file names.

Also there is the problem with the voices on the strategy and battle maps being switched as well.

I gather that all these are easy fixes as you said, just a matter of switching them back. Since it may take a while for a patch to be released because I'm sure you don't want to put one out for just this but for a long list of fixes, can you simply tell us how to fix these bugs for the romani/seleucid swap in detail?

Because as it stands now we can't enjoy playing those 2 factions. It can be quickly solved with a single post. We anxiously await your response. :help:

Malrubius
01-10-2006, 11:12
I think it's standard_seleucid.tga.dds and standard_romans_julii.tga.dds

dose this also corect the culture switching too? If it dose not, will this fix it?

The culture-swap isn't a bug, it's a feature! Or are you talking about the voice mod?

Demiurge
01-10-2006, 22:04
yep those were indeed the files, teleklos helped me out with that earlier. And I was referring to the voice mod yes, but I now know that thats not something I can do myself. Its not a big deal though, its a minor thing that can wait for patch.

Magnificant me
01-13-2006, 21:17
So your saying that the romans are suposed to look, sound, and prase hericlies helinic glory and all the rest just like the greekesqu people?

And now that you mentend it, dose the language mod work, or am I just misunderstanding what it is suposed to do, i have not heard a single latan word or greek for that mater.

Malrubius
01-13-2006, 21:35
So your saying that the romans are suposed to look, sound, and prase hericlies helinic glory and all the rest just like the greekesqu people?

You mean the generals during the battles? That is an unfortunate side-effect of what we had to do to get all our factions and cultures into the game. :juggle2: Unified Rome has been put in the same culture as Makedonia, Epeiros, and Koinon Hellenon, and those cultures all share the same battle speeches. I don't know how they could be phrased so that they'd be appropriate for Romans and Greeks, but if anyone has any suggestions and wants to take a crack at them, we're open to input. The best thing for now is to just start deployment immediately. After you've heard them a few times they get tiresome, anyway.

And now that you mentend it, dose the language mod work, or am I just misunderstanding what it is suposed to do, i have not heard a single latan word or greek for that mater.

The Latin voice mod installs latin battlefield commands, but the work hasn't been done to convert it to work for EB's Romans. You should hear them if you play Arche Seleukeia. I don't think we've found anybody able to do the Greek voice mod yet. ~:(

Magnificant me
01-13-2006, 21:44
well that clears up some of the confution about the romans and their oddities, it is odd about the voce thing, i nistaled this mod on my bros' computer over the cristmas brake and i did not hear any of the latin comands on the field perhaps it was just some thing wrong with that install, i will look into that on my computer here and see what hapens.