PDA

View Full Version : Download problem: verifying?

rider
01-02-2006, 18:14
Well, I have tried to download and run the file for five or six times now but every time the file has some download finishing issue but it is in the correct place. I run it, and it verifies the file until 100% where it says: Failed, corrupt file, please redownload.

You might be able to pass this verifying with command /NCSC or smthg.

I can't understand what it means, please explain, is it the fault of my download.

BTW; I tried three downloads atleast from troytw.com, two from busecon.co.uk, and I believe I tried one from twcenter.net but that download might not have finished.

STuNTz2023
01-03-2006, 01:29
i dont know the answer, but i downloaded from twcenter.net..maybe uninstalling and reinstalling RTW would fix it but i know thats a pain in the ass since ive done it 4 times today, but if no1 else reposts id imagine that might work, but i would use it as a last resort and wait for help from a EB member

rider
01-03-2006, 07:14
Well, how can it be a problem of RTW? I thought it is of the download because the error practically said that bad install.

Has anyone else seen this error?

LorDBulA
01-03-2006, 08:37
File was corrupted durning download. Try diffrent server.

Vercingetorix
01-03-2006, 09:30
Also try a download manager or the torrent. Sometimes downloading from your browser can be unreliable for larger files.

EPA
01-03-2006, 17:02
File was corrupted durning download. Try diffrent server.

Yah, i know alot of the downloads in the download section of this wesite are corrupt.

rider
01-03-2006, 18:01
Yes, thank you. I have managed to make it work. Such magnificent work it is.

But I must say that this lags a little, especially on the campaign map even though RTR nor RTW Vanilla never lagged. Is it the fault fo the computer?

MeroFromVero
01-03-2006, 19:43
Is it the fault fo the computer?

It's a known issue. EB has a lot more stuff to load than RTW or RTR.

rider
01-04-2006, 07:34
So I can't make it work better? I hadn't loaded the script of my idiocy but when I do it will it help. Must check. And will toggle_fow change how much the computer has to load?

MeroFromVero
01-04-2006, 07:49
So I can't make it work better?

No, probably not. Unless you have some unusual skill or something.

And will toggle_fow change how much the computer has to load?

No, it loads all that info regardless. It just doesn't show you unless you turn the fow off.

rider
01-04-2006, 14:57
But isn't it so that it takes more power, or memory when they are not shown, I mean their pictures and moving takes just more memory. OR am I wrong?