PDA

View Full Version : OH YEAH!!!(even better!!)

edyzmedieval
01-02-2006, 21:07
Tons of bugs at the Custom Battles. :laugh4:
Really great.... Tons of mix ups and switches. For example, the Seleukids do not have Cataphracts.

Ptolemaioi have Caledonian Rhylfelwyr, and 2 times!!!They also have Ridoharjoz...

Sweboz has Drapanai(that's a Getai unit...) and Liby-Phoenician Infantry.
Getai has Numidians...

Great job! :laugh4:

QwertyMIDX
01-02-2006, 21:45
It's not a bug it's a neccessary side effect of the EB recruitment system.

edyzmedieval
01-02-2006, 21:49
Necessary?! Since when do side effects are necessary?!

Just as a watchtower, maybe you guys could fix that. ~:)

QwertyMIDX
01-02-2006, 23:27
Giving a faction "ownership" in the EDU is neccessary to allow them to be recruited in the campaign...it also makes the usable in custom battles. The only way around it is to create a custom battle EDU that you'd have to swap with the campagin one. We're actually planning on doing that eventually but that is the best we can do.

Zastrow
01-03-2006, 23:22
Does that explain why so many units are repeated?

I can understand certain amounts of units being available, so you can create more realistic, mercenary/auxiliary supported armies for custom battles and multiplayer. Seleukids should be able to recruit arabians, persians, steppe nomads, etc, because they could historically. But yeah, some of the things are ridiculous, but just not choose the unit, its not that difficult. I just wish the unit cards and descripts would be finished, with so much proto-germanic, greek and latin and who knows what else, its very hard to keep track sometimes (all those horse archers, bah!) :dizzy2:

Dayve
01-04-2006, 00:34
Custom battles aren't really a problem at the moment... Nobody downloaded EB just so they could look at the pretty units in custom battle... And the EB team didn't make it just for that... Enjoy the years worth (?) of scripting that has gone into the campaign and all the new units and buildings and features... I know i am...

And to the EB team... Make custom battles the last thing on your list to fix... Almost everyone who plays the mod isn't too bothered about custom battles since we're all in love with the new features in the campaign...

Zastrow
01-04-2006, 00:50
I dunno about you, but I love Eb online. :furious3:

Dayve
01-04-2006, 00:52
I never play online... People only use full stacks of cataphracts and horse archers and it bugs the crap out of me.

Zastrow
01-04-2006, 05:15
Find somebody who you know and can trust, I know the majority of people are complete and utter idiots, maybe you can join us sometimes. :D