PDA

View Full Version : Getai - the problems(and some bugs)

edyzmedieval
01-02-2006, 21:46
Since they're my ancestors, special care for them.

First of all, they didn't have Field of Games!! For God's sake, they were barbarians at that time!!! Burebista, he was a bit more civilised, and united the tribes in 82BC.

Second, the Getai need to have only 1 type of port. They didn't have direct access to the Black Sea, Greek colonies(Kalattis was one of them) monopolised the whole area.

Thirdly, they had Sarmiszegethusa also. Kalattis is for Koinon Hellenon.

Fourthly, health stuff was practically non-existent. Cavalry kinda also. They mainly fought on foot....

Fifth thing. Include a wonder for them in Sarmiszegethusa. "Mount Cogaionon" was the sacred place for the Dacians, for those who believed in Zalmoxis.

Oh, and if you can, add Porolissum. In normal RTW, it's the exact location.

As for the bugs, they're mainly lack of descriptions. For the moment, Bouchious hired me to do them. Pray I do them well.

Just my 2 cents, but I hope you can find it useful.

Teleklos Archelaou
01-02-2006, 22:09
We appreciate the enthusiasm. But have a little restraint. You're blasting off a long list of things that you haven't even checked all yet. There is exactly a unique building in the game that you tell us we need to have - for example. You're telling us to get rid of any cavalry, any possible health buildings, to put other cities in there, to disallow trade ports, etc. A whole whole lot of work has been put into this faction already to be honest; looks like more than 700 posts in the faction thread alone, not counting their appearance in countless unit list, government, other building, and assorted threads. Just calm down and take this slowly. ~:cool:

GoreBag
01-02-2006, 22:10
They didn't have fields of games? Uh..that seems a little far-fetched. After all, it's not like it requires any construction.

Teleklos Archelaou
01-02-2006, 22:30
It would just be whatever the base type of competitive games they had. Every culture has them too. It could be considered part of military training by some, but it also has other uses. That's all - nothing too fancy.

edyzmedieval
01-02-2006, 22:37
We appreciate the enthusiasm. But have a little restraint. You're blasting off a long list of things that you haven't even checked all yet. There is exactly a unique building in the game that you tell us we need to have - for example. You're telling us to get rid of any cavalry, any possible health buildings, to put other cities in there, to disallow trade ports, etc. A whole whole lot of work has been put into this faction already to be honest; looks like more than 700 posts in the faction thread alone, not counting their appearance in countless unit list, government, other building, and assorted threads. Just calm down and take this slowly. ~:cool:

Teleklos,

I'm not blasting off anything. They were pure suggestions...
And how could you get rid of all the cavalry?! If they didn't have cavalry, they were already dead by then.... :laugh4:

Anyways, just my 2 cents. ~:cool:

@NeonGod

They were Barbarians though....

The_Mark
01-02-2006, 23:24
They were Barbarians though....
Careful with that here.

And, the Getai did use Greek, so were they barbarians after all? :inquisitive:

edyzmedieval
01-03-2006, 14:07
In the present Romanian language, there are very few words from the Greek language, and all of them are half Dacian-half Greek.

Anyways, Dacians in the starting period of the mod weren't so "smart". With the passing of time, they became more civilised, until in 82BC Burebista unified the tribes.

You can call them barbarians.

ScionTheWorm
01-03-2006, 22:39
slicing the macedonian throats like I'm doing in my campaign seems pretty smart to me. and for the barbarian part I have to qoute Conan after watching the horrors of the civilized world
And you call my people barbarians

Getai is spelled Getia several places in the game (faction turn progress is the one place I can remember), what's that about?

GoreBag
01-04-2006, 09:19
Anyways, Dacians in the starting period of the mod weren't so "smart". With the passing of time, they became more civilised, until in 82BC Burebista unified the tribes.

You can call them barbarians.

That's silly. Anyone 'uncivilised' is no less intelligent than anyone of a different culture simply because of the difference in culture.

Anyway, you can call me a barbarian, too, but I'm pretty sure I could set up a field of games. It IS a field, after all.

edyzmedieval
01-04-2006, 13:21
That's not what I meant.

What I meant to say was, that they didn't knew all of those things that the Greek colonies had, like a theatre or game field.

@Scion

??!!! What do you mean my people?!

You're a Getai?! ~D

ScionTheWorm
01-04-2006, 16:58
no

*taking a deep breath and letting it go :evil3:*

The_Mark
01-04-2006, 18:57
*taking a deep breath and letting it go :evil3:*
Yes, that's what I did.

GoreBag
01-05-2006, 02:44
That's not what I meant.

What I meant to say was, that they didn't knew all of those things that the Greek colonies had, like a theatre or game field.

Hahaha. 'Didn't know about fields'. Ed, I think some research is in order.