PDA

View Full Version : v0.72 Strange Recruitment Areas/Problems?

Big_John
01-03-2006, 03:44
Howdy OB players. Any of you notice units not being recruitable in the correct provinces? For example, companion cavalry can't be recruited in pella by Makedonia. Or, have you noticed units being recruitable in the wrong provinces (such as the iberian javelineers being recruitable in Lepki)?

I'm collecting these for a beta patch, so if you got 'em, post 'em!

Thanks!

O'ETAIPOS
01-03-2006, 22:17
Makedon cant recruit anything in Illiria Hellenike with Govt I (Patris Makedonike)

In export_descr_building at least ships appear many times with just faction changed - intentional?

khelvan
01-04-2006, 07:21
In export_descr_building at least ships appear many times with just faction changed - intentional?Our facilities are undergoing renovations to improve your experience. Until then, please excuse our mess.

GoreBag
01-04-2006, 09:23
After finishing a government building in Naissus as the Getai, I was suddenly no loner able to produce archer Toxotai (the entirety of the proper name escapes me at the moment), even though I was able to build them before and the proper barracks-type building was in place.

Feature or bug?

MeroFromVero
01-04-2006, 10:48
After finishing a government building in Naissus as the Getai, I was suddenly no loner able to produce archer Toxotai (the entirety of the proper name escapes me at the moment), even though I was able to build them before and the proper barracks-type building was in place.

Feature or bug?

It's a bug in the feature. You're not supposed to be able to recruit anything without building the government type first.

O'ETAIPOS
01-04-2006, 10:57
Our facilities are undergoing renovations to improve your experience. Until then, please excuse our mess.

If other units have the same problem then it will be possible to cut at least 1/3 of EDB file, which is :2thumbsup:

Big_John
01-04-2006, 15:31
no promises, but i plan to cut much more than 1/3 from the EDB. ~;)

Haudegen
01-04-2006, 21:54
I´m not sure if it is a bug, but I think it fits in here:

Playing the Romani, I conquered the provinces in Italy and Sicily. The problem is that I can hardly recruit any units there.

In Segesta I can recruit the two types of barbarian infantry, but no Roman units, although the Roman Homeland Building and Barracks were built there.

In the Greek-influenced provinces in the south (Taras, Rhegion, Messana, Syracuse) it´s basically the same thing, just without the barbarian infantry. That means, I can build only diplomats and spies.

But I´m not quite sure, if there is still some building that is needed to produce Hastati in one of the cities I mentioned above. Perhaps anyone can tell me?

Big_John
01-05-2006, 00:30
to quote urnamma from a conversation:
"in southern italy, we have planned units; lucanians, bruttians, and apulians will be recruitable there. in segesta, the roman homeland ought to allow roman recruitment"

i'll check the EDB and see if something is wrong with segesta's recruitment.

thx for the feedback guys, keep it coming.

Haudegen
01-05-2006, 10:21
Can I assume then, that a homeland building + barracks are sufficient to build the original Roman units like Hastati and others? I guess I was a bit confused about this because the description of the "Colonia"-building was telling something about recruitment as well. But that seems to be nothing more than a piece of historical info...

In addidtion to my first posting above I want to add that I am unable to recruit the Roman units in any city that the Romani didn´t control in the beginning of the game. The problem isn´t only about Segesta, I think it´s global.

Another strange thing: I took Lilibeo and didn´t raze the Carthaginian Homeland Building. That way I can recruit the Liby-phoenician Infantry there, but strangely I CAN`T recruit spies and diplomats in Lilibeo. Is that meant to be that way?

Last one: After conquering the former Greek cities of southern Italy I noticed, that I suffered no cultural penalty. That problem may be a consequence of the fact that the Romani of EB were made out of vanilla´s Seleucids...

Teleklos Archelaou
01-05-2006, 20:32
Epeiros can't recruit any units at all in Illyria_Hellenike at the game's start with the lowest level MIC (muster field) with the type1 govt (which we place by scripts). There should at least be something here.

MeroFromVero
01-06-2006, 00:31
In Kiat, the Persian Mobilization building lists Pahlav Shahrdaran as a unit it can recruit, but I don't see them on Kiat's recruitment tab.

GoreBag
01-06-2006, 00:35
After building a troop-training building level 2 (8 turns, 4000 Mnai) in Sardika with a type-3 government in place, I can't train a single unit that isn't a diplomat, spy or assassin.

Iskandr
01-06-2006, 00:45
Is there any way someone could post, in html or pdf format, a spreadsheet of cities/factions/government type/units that are supposed to be recruitable? It would make knowing which are missing or wrong, and which are just supposed to be that way, a lot easier to figure out. As well, it would make it a lot easier to choose government types in a given province (though building trees would be nice for that as well). Nothing pretty or anything, just something easier to go through than the text desc files :dizzy2:

Thanks,
Iskandr

PS, the best infantry I can recruit as Baktria (Huge City, homeland, maximum MIC) is either Pezhataroi or Thorikati- no Agema, Hypaspists or Pheraspidae.

Teleklos Archelaou
01-06-2006, 01:27
After building a troop-training building level 2 (8 turns, 4000 Mnai) in Sardika with a type-3 government in place, I can't train a single unit that isn't a diplomat, spy or assassin.What is your faction NeonGod?

Jebus
01-06-2006, 01:58
As the Romans, after the 209 BC reforms, the troop production in Rome is not changed. I can still only build old-school Roman units there. All other cities in central Italy are ok; Tarentum, Regium, Bononia and Segesta still don't allow me to build any Roman units.

LorDBulA
01-06-2006, 07:36
Jebus can you check if cities that cant produce Polybian troops have hinterland_reforms1 building?
That would help alot.

GoreBag
01-06-2006, 08:08
What is your faction NeonGod?

Getai.

khelvan
01-06-2006, 08:55
Is there any way someone could post, in html or pdf format, a spreadsheet of cities/factions/government type/units that are supposed to be recruitable?Urnamma has said he was going to work on this, so for anyone who is missing the unit guide we were going to make and feel you need it immediately, please be my guest and PM to remind him that we need it done :2thumbsup:

galathas
01-06-2006, 09:08
I am playing casse the casse and in london (sorry forgot the name) my barracks say i should be able to build milnaht belgea and batacori. I dont know what is wrong i can only build batacori but on the other hand i am not sure if i should be able to build any of the two since this is not a belgae province.

I am not sure about this one i cant build chariots on the isles but i can build them in the belgae province could it be that the batacori and the cariots are switched. I am not sure

I havent foud a province yet that can build these two hand sword chamions. Where should i be able to build them? if you tell me i ll check it out.

Thanks

Jebus
01-06-2006, 15:13
Jebus can you check if cities that cant produce Polybian troops have hinterland_reforms1 building?
That would help alot.

I guess by 'hinterland_reforms1' you mean the 'Romani Reform' building.

Rome does not have it, no. Actually, Rome doesn't even have the 'Homeland' or the 'Expansion' building...

The other cities I mentioned (Segesta etc.) do have the Reform building, and the Homeland building, but they are not able to produce àny troops, including the pre-Polybian units (they never have been able to produce anything other than barbarian mercs so far). I hope they will be able to produce something with the Marian reforms, because the fact that I only have four (three, not counting Rome now) cities to produce/retrian troops in is starting to become a bit of a logistical bottleneck.

Spectral
01-06-2006, 21:21
PS, the best infantry I can recruit as Baktria (Huge City, homeland, maximum MIC) is either Pezhataroi or Thorikati- no Agema, Hypaspists or Pheraspidae.

Damn! :embarassed: I've still not reached that point yet, but I was really looking forward to playing with the Baktrian Agema. Is there any quick fix for this ? :help:

PS: and cataphracts, are you able to recruit them ?

Iskandr
01-06-2006, 22:26
No Cataphracts yet, but honestly, Bactrian Hippeis seem quite sufficient for tackling anything I've met except heteraoi and generals. Since the Pahlava are the only faction I touch I'm not locked in war with, I'm not going to attack them just to fight cataracts (which I believe Bactria has to do in order to train their own).

Iskandr

Iskandr
01-07-2006, 05:06
Not exactly a recruitment bug, but Yuezhi Subeshi archers have an Upkeep of...0...is this intended? My Baktria campaign, they managed to field 3 full (20 unit) stacks from their last, land-locked, city. Possibly a little unbalanced.

Iskandr

BozosLiveHere
01-11-2006, 18:38
Does anyone know what are the requirements to train the basilikon and ethiopiai agemata and the hetaroi as the ptolemaics? I have top level barracks, huge cities with type 1 governments and can't build them anywhere. The ethiopiai show in the list for the barracks in Sidon, but not in the recruitment tab. Is it a bug or should I be waiting for an event/building/etc?

/Edit: I just noticed that after building the top level MIC I can't recruit elephants in Alexandria, which I could before.

Volume II
01-13-2006, 05:37
I think this might be the only occurence, but I can't build any of the extra units listed by the 16k casse barracks in the Casse capital. I can only build the base units. And in the Irish provinces, I can't build any of the unique units there, even though I've built what I believe are the necessary builings ( the barracks places). I don't know if I need to build other things too (which I doubt), or whether something isn't quite working right, because I've seen other casse player pics where the units I can't seem to build are being used.

My invasion of Europe failed due to my lack of more experienced sodliers.:sweatdrop:

Zero1
01-13-2006, 18:08
Playing as the Sweboz, and I can only recruit troops in the areas were I can place a #1 government type, in all the other places I can only recruit regionals, or sometimes no soldiers at all, even if it tells me I can in the description box on the military building. Not sure if this is a bug or not, but if it isnt I think its a bit too restrictive.

Conqueror
01-13-2006, 18:55
Baktria cannot train any phalangites at all (of any type) nor any peltasts/thrureophoroi in Karmana. This is despite having built a type-II government and having the maximum level MIC (built by the Seleukids) in there.

Jebus
01-14-2006, 02:18
As Rome, I can build Velites in a city in the Ukraine (Olbia I think the name is), but not in any other city of my empire. This seems a bit odd.

*edit* Correction: the MIC says I can build it, but I can't because the province lacks the 'Romani reform' building.

DocHolliday2006
01-14-2006, 19:37
Carthage can recruit Iberian units in North Africa. Sparta can't recruit any hoplites, only archers and peltasts. Athens can eventually build hoplites, but they need to upgrade first, which seem strange for such a developed city.

paullus
01-14-2006, 20:15
As for the casse, I was able to recruit the base Goidil spearman in the southern Irish province...on another note, and not sure this fits here, there aren't any recruitable mercs in the northern Irish province. I've checked a couple of times and none have been available.

Steppe Merc
01-14-2006, 23:39
In Kiat, the Persian Mobilization building lists Pahlav Shahrdaran as a unit it can recruit, but I don't see them on Kiat's recruitment tab.
Pahlava Shahrdaran is the gov't type. Some recruitment lines are too long and show parts of the code besides the unit.

Pereus
01-25-2006, 17:59
After playing with Makedonia I can not recruit Hypaspistai, Pheraspidai and Hetairoi. I have built the last barracks in Huge cities but I can only recruit Peltastai and Pezhaiteroi from the advanced units. Is this a bug or EB forgot to add them? :idea2:

Big_John
01-26-2006, 00:39
recruitment for the higher-level units for the successor states was rather broken in the OB. this has been addressed for the up-coming patch.

O'ETAIPOS
01-26-2006, 13:30
The MIC IV isn't adding units for Makedon will AI build it? (Like RTR's carpenter building which was preqiste for ships(?) but wasnt built by AI as it wasnt giving any bonuses)

pezhetairoi
01-30-2006, 08:53
So far as Arverni I've stormed into Italy as far as Roma. I've got both level 3 and 4 governments installed in the Romani cities, but as of now, even though Roma has a Castra Armamentariumque (apparently very high level), I can only build Lugoae and Sotaroas. Is something wrong? >.< I really need retraining facilities for my Botroas now because I've had to wade my way through 3 bloody battles involving over 20 triarii.

BigTex
01-31-2006, 04:54
Playing as Carthage i am unable to build sacred band phalanxes in any of my homeland provinces with level 5 barracks.

struckat
02-10-2006, 02:44
Greetings fellow warmongers and history geekoids. I have lurked all forms since the beginning of Total War but have never stopped playing long enough to post.

To the EB team........you are Gods!

Question/Problem

Playing Epieros, I have built the Megiston Basilion and the top level reqruitment building but I cant seem to reqruit Chaeonian Gaurds.

I found the fix on the Baktrian Agemeata and their other top units and made that work, but I dont see anything on the Chaeonians. I am not sure if the code for them is wirong or how to change it.

Struckat

Big_John
02-10-2006, 03:43
both the chaeonian guard and carthaginian sacred band recruitment are bugged in the OB, they will be fixed in the patch.

Teleklos Archelaou
02-10-2006, 03:49
I'll do a little more than Big John did - just because I feel bad about this situation :shame: as FC.

Open up with a texteditor your export_descr_buildings.txt file. Search for "chaeonian". You'll see three recruitment lines. Don't delete them, but comment them out by inserting a semicolon at the start of the those two lines, and then insert these two lines right below them (don't change any other formatting though):

recruit "greek chaeonian guard" 0 requires factions { thrace, } and building_present_min_level government_type1 type1lvl2 and not hidden_resource alpha and not hidden_resource beta and hidden_resource gamma and not hidden_resource delta and not hidden_resource epsilon and not hidden_resource zeta and not hidden_resource eta and not hidden_resource theta
recruit "greek chaeonian guard" 0 requires factions { thrace, } and building_present_min_level government_type1 type1lvl2 and not hidden_resource alpha and hidden_resource beta and not hidden_resource gamma and hidden_resource delta and hidden_resource epsilon and hidden_resource zeta and not hidden_resource eta and not hidden_resource theta

That *should* work. I'll get them to add Illyria Hellenike too for the patch, but this should get them to work for you now if you have type1 governments and MIC5 buildings in either Epeiros or Aitolia (provinces). Let me know if it works.

Ragabash
02-10-2006, 07:07
I'll do a little more than Big John did - just because I feel bad about this situation :shame: as FC.

Open up with a texteditor your export_descr_buildings.txt file. Search for "chaeonian". You'll see three recruitment lines. Don't delete them, but comment them out by inserting a semicolon at the start of the those two lines, and then insert these two lines right below them (don't change any other formatting though):

recruit "greek chaeonian guard" 0 requires factions { thrace, } and building_present_min_level government_type1 type1lvl2 and not hidden_resource alpha and not hidden_resource beta and hidden_resource gamma and not hidden_resource delta and not hidden_resource epsilon and not hidden_resource zeta and not hidden_resource eta and not hidden_resource theta
recruit "greek chaeonian guard" 0 requires factions { thrace, } and building_present_min_level government_type1 type1lvl2 and not hidden_resource alpha and hidden_resource beta and not hidden_resource gamma and hidden_resource delta and hidden_resource epsilon and hidden_resource zeta and not hidden_resource eta and not hidden_resource theta

That *should* work. I'll get them to add Illyria Hellenike too for the patch, but this should get them to work for you now if you have type1 governments and MIC5 buildings in either Epeiros or Aitolia (provinces). Let me know if it works.

Sorry if I sound dtupid... just havent done modding almost at all, only minor stuff once in a while. Could yu be little more specific about what two lines I need to semicolon.

Perhaps send corrected format and say what I need to owerwrite eith nre text. Or even patched file :laugh4:

Thanks anyway. Nice to see hotfixes before actual patch

struckat
02-11-2006, 06:44
Ok, I fixed it, I went to the DESC_REGIONS file and found the province Eprios. Saw that the hidden resources were beta, delta, epsilon and zeta.

Then I went to the exports_desc_buildings file and found the gaurds. It seems that there were typos, I think it said "not beta" in the first line. The second line had "not epsilon" and the third line had "not zeta".

I changed those lines to include those hidden resources and verified that all the others had "nots" and went back to my game.

I could now recruit the gaurds in my capital. I didnt have the correct buildings in the other two towns so I dont know if they were ok.

But alas, it was 234bc and I had killed off the Romani 10 years ago, they just wouldn't stop pestering me. So I started over, this time I will let them live through the reforms and then whack them.

I can't say enough for the job that the EB team has done. You have created a very desperate struggle for at least the first 30 years. Even after that the challenge is there.

I must sign off soon. My communication with you puts you all in danger. You see my wife does not appreciate the time that I spend with this game and I don't want her to hunt you all down and put you to the sword.

Keep up the fantastic work, this mod is everything I had anticipated.

Struckat

Teleklos Archelaou
02-11-2006, 07:27
We've switched them all over to "or"s and flipped the govts around so that you can't recruit without the govts being present. It should work a lot more accurately this way. Good luck and keep the missus away from your EB! :grin:

Ragabash
02-12-2006, 05:49
Teleklos, sorry to bother you like this again but I really would appreciate if you could send the file to me by PM or post it here on forums.:help:

I have tried to follow your introductions, but with my small knowledge of modding RTW and bad" english I have failed many times and made my nerves to break down.

Lord Hammerschmidt
02-17-2006, 21:26
I'm playing as the Romani, and after the Romani reforms, I can only recruit Accensi and ships in Ariminium. The MIC description says I should be able to recriut right up to Triarii, but no dice. I was able to recruit the missing units before the reforms.

Teleklos Archelaou
02-17-2006, 21:44
Teleklos, sorry to bother you like this again but I really would appreciate if you could send the file to me by PM or post it here on forums.:help:

I have tried to follow your introductions, but with my small knowledge of modding RTW and bad" english I have failed many times and made my nerves to break down.
https://img325.imageshack.us/img325/1765/epeirosback6ty.jpg

SpawnOfEbil
02-17-2006, 22:52
Pura is devoid of anything useful, although I'm not sure if it's meant to be like this or not.

SpawnOfEbil
02-19-2006, 12:05
Playing as the Sauromatae, I have a warlord's camp in Gelonus, yet I am not able to recruit anything besides a diplomat.

Spendios
02-26-2006, 21:44
As Pontos I cannot recruit the elite Galatian unit (Kuarothoroi) in Galatia even with the highest level of MIC...and I have tried all possible governments...

Foot
03-02-2006, 01:46
Pontus: In Nicomedia with a type 1 Gov I can't recruit anything with the MIC 1, and the MIC 2 lists Batacori as the only avaliable unit.

Hayasdan: In Armavir, Kotais, Mtskheta and Kabalaka (but there are probably more) with type 1 government I cannot recruit the Thanvabara archers with MIC 3 (and I assume they should come before that).

Foot

Teleklos Archelaou
03-02-2006, 01:57
On the Pontos and Hayasdan recruitment issues: You guys will have to bear with us, even with the patch. Some reasons why units aren't available in some of these areas is that there are more units that we will have coming down the pipe soon and we didn't want to overlap. This is very true of Pontos and Hayasdan especially, even among all other factions. Plus, we are still trying to hash out the length of time and types of troops Pontos would be able to recruit in a place like Bithynia. And we aren't all agreed on it yet. But I'm a constant advocate inside for getting more troops available to these two factions in these areas, and we will get it remedied eventually, especially when more units make it into new builds, that we hope will be soon also.

Spendios
03-02-2006, 19:59
No Hellenic factions seems to be able to recruit Thorakitai in Aetolia, is that normal ?

Teleklos Archelaou
03-02-2006, 20:12
Probably a mistake. Our unit recruitment fix it man will be back in a day or so and we'll let him know.

BTW, what a nice sig you're sporting there! :laugh4: :2thumbsup:

Spendios
03-02-2006, 21:22
BTW, what a nice sig you're sporting there! :laugh4: :2thumbsup:

LOL ! ~;)

A new strange recruitment: Pontos is unable to recruit Akontistai in Dardanoia and Illyria Hellenike.When checking the recruitment guide it seems that all factions can recruit Akontistai in these two provinces except for Pontos/Sauromatae/Pahlava/Yueh-zhi.
Maybe it's normal for the steppe factions to be unable to recruit here but I find strange that Pontos can't when Celtic factions for example can have Akontistai here.