PDA

View Full Version : STW:WE Online Play

boxingduo
01-04-2006, 13:42
Hi there guys last night i was following a few threads which i managed to dig through concerning the STW:WE Online Gaming

I am New to the Total War Experience but after sitting for HOURS & HOURS in order to complete the Game i then ventured my skills into the Total War ONLINE experience only to find that it has been SHUT DOWN :no:

HOWEVER. There is a lifeline... I went to the Shambles site and D/L the Shambles Server Pack..... Installed it but still nothing WORKS:help: I NEED HELP

Do i still click the EA PLAY ONLINE button to access the Shambles server or is there something else which i need to DO

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!! Someone HELP ME:help: :help: :help: :wall:

Thanks Guys i look forward to meeting you all

KukriKhan
01-04-2006, 14:06
Hello boxingduo welcome to the Org ~:wave:

There are a few settings on your machine that need re-configuration. I'll let the experts in the Sword Dojo explain. Happy hunting! :thumbsup:

Drisos
01-04-2006, 14:52
Thanks for moving Kukri! ~:)

First of all, welcome boxinduo!! :bow: thanks for your intrest in shogun mp.

to help you I need some more information... what goes wrong?

when you have donwloaded that program, you must also install it and run certain .bat file that appears after installation. with that file you can do your configuration. if you have done that, you must indeed click 'play via EA play'.

hope it will work.

boxingduo
01-04-2006, 17:38
Hi Yes,

I downloaded it and installed it i then start the shogun and click on multiplayer and then Ea Play it says Connecting.......But then it either says

"Connection Failed" (I have had this Once)
or it just closes down and gives me a error message from Windows with the options "Report"/"Cancel" ???

You can imagine i would be rather Confused

I have Windows XP Pro and i have registered with EA Games

The bat file.... i downloaded the bat file from Shambles site but it just Flashes Black once then Dissapears...

I aint too good with the IT Site of Computing but i'll try thanks guys

boxingduo
01-04-2006, 19:07
ChatserverIPAddress = ShogunTW.no-ip.info
ChatserverPort = 8793
NewsserverIPAddress = daphne.eagames.co.uk
NewsserverPort = 8797
ShogunTotalWarWebsite = www.totalwar.com

This is the Stats which i changed the Internet cfg file to

Is this correct....IT Seems to work though i am there alone LOL!!! there aint no-one else!!! LOL!

Is there a certain time i need to be here at:book:

Shin-GaiJin
01-04-2006, 20:33
Ill be there shortly!!!!

ShinGaiJin

boxingduo
01-05-2006, 00:04
Sorry Mate i didn't know you were coming there i had to go SORRY LOL!!!

P.S I Aint great at this yet i've only been playing for 2 days haha

Although i used to play games all the time.

HMMMMMM

Maybe that doesn't matter

P.S Is there a meet up time usually and is that the correct server internet cfg settings???~:idea:

Shin-GaiJin
01-05-2006, 11:01
Ive alwaysfound 7-8pm GMT to be the best time, as we are now a much smaller community we use other methods to keep in touch and maybe get a few games going. See the 'Im in the foyer sticky thread at the page top,also we use msn to keep in touch.
Over the xmas period it has been quiet in the game lobby but it will pick up shortly Im sure.Also check out the game lobby at weekends its always busier then!
Heres my msn addy if you wish to add me ShinGaiJin2@msn.com

Ill be in the game lobby today from ummm 6pm ish onwards I do hope you can join me then.
The chatserver address looks to be perfect btw

ShinGaiJin

p.s. if you want some good MP tips and strategies for the game follow the link from the Org main page to the shogun acadamy site:2thumbsup:

ShinGaiJin

R'as al Ghul
01-05-2006, 11:03
P.S Is there a meet up time usually and is that the correct server internet cfg settings???~:idea:

Meetings can be organized in this thread (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=50966).
If you can connect to the lobby, as you obviously can, then it's the correct
setting. The lobby is often deserted/ empty though.

:bow:

Edit: ShinGaijin beat me to it.

Sasaki Kojiro
01-05-2006, 18:43
I seem to remember having to move some .dll file to get things to things like the statswapper to work in XP.

Just A Girl
01-05-2006, 22:25
I seem to remember having to move some .dll file to get things to things like the statswapper to work in XP.

Yeah Xp dosent work like 98. so bat files tend to close instantly instead of run and open.

Theres a link to Libaryfiles.exe on my web page,
That adds all the dll's and stuff xp needs to open bat files.

Jochi Khan
01-05-2006, 22:31
With Windows XP you also need the bat file

Batfile and WinXP

Get CHOICE.COM at: http://www.geko.ch/batch/CHOICE.COM

copy and paste to C:\WINDOWS\system32 folder

batfiles can be used now.

Also, you say you reach the foyer but are there on your own?
When you log in, in the player list area, are you 1 of 0 or 1 of 1 ?
If it is 1 of 1 you are in the correct foyer but if you are 1 of 0 then you are not in the foyer. (I know this may sound strange but it is the case)

Jochi

boxingduo
01-06-2006, 15:53
Sorry guys i was gone for a little while there.

Thanks everyone for the help by the way

I train at my Boxing GYM mostly every day

MON-SUN (Even New Years Day LOL!!!! i'm Obsessed i suppose)

But i will be on about 6-7ish on my days off probably a Tuesday

Thanks Again Guys

Cheers...Boxingduo

Just A Girl
01-06-2006, 16:04
With Windows XP you also need the bat file

Batfile and WinXP

Get CHOICE.COM at: http://www.geko.ch/batch/CHOICE.COM

copy and paste to C:\WINDOWS\system32 folder

batfiles can be used now.

This file gets installed to the right place automatically along with a Bunch of other files Xp needs for various old win 98 procedures.

And choice.com Dosent always work alone.
Depends if your missing needed dll files or not,

so if choices.com dosent work.
Just get libaryfiles.exe

Persoanlay i dont see the point in playing about mooving 1 single win 98 file to your pc becous youve noticed XP wont do 1 thing.
Only to need to find a diferent file for XP when it needs to preforme a diferent win98 task.
so i just use libaryfiles.exe.

Although there is a 16bit syb system fix posted in the apothecary That could prove usefull for Older games.
(windows has been 32 bit for ages and is now going to 64 bit Older progs were 16bit. And they no longer work on 32 bit systems. I know its off topic and totaly irelivant to the origional problem, But Just thought id post this any way)

:bow: