PDA

View Full Version : really stupid idea but it sounds a little cool

Lanemerkel1
01-04-2006, 21:21
I suck at modding but this is just a concept idea to throw in a hat for someone to do when their bored if they want to.
"Roanoke: Total War"

a mod where you are member of an english search and colonization party sent out to colonize the new world and find the missing roanoke colonists, however your party fought a native tribe upon disembarkation form the ship and now doesn't even have the numbers to pilot the ship home nor do you have any muskets any more as your muskets were captured by the natives.

so now you must fight with native weaponry to find the missing roanoke colonists, and to either set up a permanent colony and conquer the area east of the appalachians and proclaim yourself as emporer of the new world with a settlement on Croatoan Island as your capital, while building weapons and ships capable of defending your new Empire from the clutches of an inter-continental european crusade against you. you must also decide wheather to completley exterminate the native population, use them as slaves, or treat them as equal citizens in your new empire, but it won't be easy as there will be native tribes who hate you with the utmost intensity and rival colonies who won't listen to your demands

Lanemerkel1
01-04-2006, 21:27
whoops sorry if this the wrong forum, i thought i was in mod discussion

dclare4
01-05-2006, 02:54
Not a stupid idea at all! Colonization Total War or Jamestown Total War ;) One problem though is you can't create a settlement you can only conquer pre-existing ones. I don't know if you can somehow tweak the system to make forts pre-requisite buildings for settlements. If you can figure that out then your idea stands a good chance of becoming a great mod ;)

Best of luck!
De Clare

Epistolary Richard
01-05-2006, 02:57
whoops sorry if this the wrong forum, i thought i was in mod discussion
Moved to Mod Discussion

Lanemerkel1
01-05-2006, 07:15
Not a stupid idea at all! Colonization Total War or Jamestown Total War ;) One problem though is you can't create a settlement you can only conquer pre-existing ones. I don't know if you can somehow tweak the system to make forts pre-requisite buildings for settlements. If you can figure that out then your idea stands a good chance of becoming a great mod ;)

Best of luck!
De Clare

I was thinking you'd just take settlements from the natives and build forts, (and by "colony" I mean't Civilization)

but like I said, I completley suck at any and all Modding, so someone else would have to do it in their spare time if they wanted to for this to even get off the ground

killerxguy
01-09-2006, 14:05
Hey a little experimenting won't harm, just go to the TXT file that shows and arranges settlement plans; Then you can try and make buldings that are built in minor cities/medium towns; be built in forts, then you really proved your worth to other modders to join you!

GOOD LUCK MY FRIEND! Intresting mod indeed!