PDA

View Full Version : A CTD that I have bracketed

jebes
01-05-2006, 03:04
I am playing as the Aedui and have encounterd a CTD which I was able to reproduce.

It occurs after I end my turn and about the time that Ptolemi is taking his, it crashes.

I have a general in gergovia with two lugoae.

When I end the turn, an army appears on the map on top of that city, but only vaguely, then disappears.

I was able to avoid the bug by moving that general out of the city and then back into the city before the end of the turn.

jedispongee
01-05-2006, 07:16
There's been a bunch of instances of crashes during the Ptolemy turns. However I got around mine (other people have done the same) by taking control of the Ptolemaic Empire and combining their armies that the CPU was trying to do. Usually it happens at the near east.

Divinus Arma
01-07-2006, 13:17
I am playing as the Aedui and have encounterd a CTD which I was able to reproduce.

It occurs after I end my turn and about the time that Ptolemi is taking his, it crashes.

When I end the turn, an army appears on the map on top of that city, but only vaguely, then disappears.

I was able to avoid the bug by moving that general out of the city and then back into the city before the end of the turn.

This is very interesting. So you can consistently recreate the same CTD everytime, and you can avoid it every time by moving your general out of gergovia briefly and then putting him back in before the end of the turn. It sounds trait related to me. What happens if you just leave him outside of the city and end the turn? Will it CTD or can you get past the CTD?

Malrubius
01-07-2006, 13:46

Are you training a unit there, or does one just appear on its own?