PDA

View Full Version : I need help Again somebody!

EPA
01-07-2006, 00:18
:help:
Look i posted a while ago and figured out what to do if you will go back to my old topic you can see my first problum. Its called (I need help anybody!)

This is what happened i uninstalled EB, BI and RTW i did'nt uninstall 1.2. So i re-installed RTW tried to play in Custom battle it loaded with the bar at the bottom and crashed went out of the game. So i clicked on the desktop item again and tried Imperial campaign. I was only able to play eith Juli Scippi or Brutii then i picked Juli guy talked it loaded with the bar and crashed. I did'nt see any probluims during installation but i do remember seeing something like 1.2 patch already installed could not be installed again. And i also noticed that my old save games from EB were still on this new RTW install after i uninstalled EB! Please help, this is becoming truly ludacris! :furious3: :wall: :furious3:

MeroFromVero
01-07-2006, 08:28
I'm going to assume you followed the set of instructions I previously gave you, and that you therefore had 1 clean copy of RTW patched to 1.2 (or maybe 1.0, since you mentiond you might do that instead), 1 copy of RTW/BI patched to 1.6, and 1 copy of RTW with EB installed.

I'm going to out on a limb, and guess that you uninstalled EB once, uninstalled BI once, and uninstalled RTW once. I'm not sure exactly what happens in this case, but if I had to guess, I'd guess both your EB and BI directories were still there, with all their non-EB/BI specific stuff still in them. Since you said you could see your EB saves, I would further guess you then installed RTW directly into your EB folder, which, yes, would have left you with an unusable mess of mismatched files instead of a playable game.

So, start over. Uninstall everything. Again.

Now, look in your Program Files folder. Do you see an Activision folder? If it has anything inside it other than empty folders, delete it. Then delete the folders, including the Activision folder, just to be safe.

Empty your Recycle Bin. It's on your Desktop. Right click on your Recycle Bin and select "Empty Recycle Bin". It should be the third option on the menu.

Now, re-follow my previous instructions. If you still get the "1.2 is already installed" error, just download the .zip version at the bottom of EB's download page and extract that into whatever directory you want patched to 1.2 BEFORE YOU INSTALL ANYTHING ELSE INTO THE DIRECTORY. If you install 1.2 into a directory after you install a mod in that same directory, 1.2 will overwrite some of the mod's files and you'll have another unusable mess in that directory (in which case, you should delete the directory and empty your Recycle Bin).

Once all this done, for your own sake just please leave it alone and try to not screw around with it anymore. I hope you don't find this out of line, but it just sounds to me like you don't know very much about how Windows is organized or anything like that, and nothing good will come from you experimenting with the directories. You might find it useful, both for personal and professional purposes, to read a small book or take a one weekend course about basic Windows stuff. I'm sure there is something available at your local library at the very least.

If you ever need to re-install RTW again, be extra careful to uninstall and delete absolutely everything RTW related, or at least temporarily move any save games or whatever you want to keep outside of the Activision folder and then delete everything else. If you followed the directions that I previously gave you though, you shouldn't need to uninstall, as you should always have a clean directory of RTW ready to be copied and pasted for modding purposes. Why did you uninstall it?

If you encounter any further install problems, please be more specific about exactly what you did to cause the problem. I had to guess a bunch at the beginning of this post, so it might not exactly address your problem. Also, I'm not really an uninstalling expert, since I use the multiple directory method that I told you about and therefore haven't yet found a need to completely uninstall.

EPA
01-07-2006, 18:37
[QUOTE=MeroFromVero]

Empty your Recycle Bin. It's on your Desktop.

(I am not a complete Idiot like some would think.)

Once all this done, for your own sake just please leave it alone and try to not screw around with it anymore. I hope you don't find this out of line, but it just sounds to me like you don't know very much about how Windows is organized or anything like that, and nothing good will come from you experimenting with the directories. You might find it useful, both for personal and professional purposes, to read a small book or take a one weekend course about basic Windows stuff. I'm sure there is something available at your local library at the very least.

(Now you are getting offensive, How old are you? I am not a computer expert. I Like ancient History I can't stand these lousy computers.)

Chester
01-08-2006, 00:44
He's not being offensive. He went out of his way and wrote a bunch of stuff to help you. He then pointed out that you shouldn't tamper with something you don't fully grasp.

EPA
01-08-2006, 02:10
He's not being offensive. He went out of his way and wrote a bunch of stuff to help you. He then pointed out that you shouldn't tamper with something you don't fully grasp.

That is what I said in the other post but my computer started acting funny so I could'nt type it all. I had to wrap it up quickly. I grasp it well enough anyway lets get off the subject forget about it. It works fine now I looked in the program files and RTW wasn't fully uninstalled. I am able to play now I am starting a Scipio campaign. I only beat it once as the Juli.

O_Stratigos
01-08-2006, 02:54
I am able to play now I am starting a Scipio campaign.

Hey EPA, are you sure that you have actually installed EB?!
In the Europa Barbarorum mod there are no Jullii and Scipii.. ~;)

O Stratigos :bow:

EPA
01-08-2006, 05:52
Hey EPA, are you sure that you have actually installed EB?!
In the Europa Barbarorum mod there are no Jullii and Scipii.. ~;)

O Stratigos :bow:

No, I haven't installed EB yet. I installed it once and had a hand full of problums but played it for a while and liked it. So I am re-installing RTW to make copies so I can play BI, EB, and RTW. I intend to re-install EB, its pretty cool.

EPA
01-08-2006, 05:58
I am doing the best I have ever done on Rtw, I took all of Sicily, and through Carthage out of Africa but the foolish senate wants me to sail all the way to greece to take some city north-east of were Delphi used to be.