PDA

View Full Version : potential bug list noticed in Baktria camaign

Mindblank
01-07-2006, 17:57
1) My spy just noticed that some of the Yuezhi's units seem to have an upkeep cost of zero. I noticed this specifically on Subeshi Archers, as well as the general's unit.

2) The Yuezhi's general-unit is a "Pontic General".

3) On the campaign map, there's a "land-bridge" where units can walk one or two squares over water in the Sind province in India, where the sea cuts into the land mass. Incidentally, the coastline doesn't look "clean" here.

4) The Baktrian pre-battle speech uses the vanilla Roman models.

Sorry if any of these have been brought up before. I'll be back with more if I find anything. Great mod, by the way. Excellent work ;)

Mindblank
01-07-2006, 18:01
5) The color of Baktrian agents doesn't seem to be the same blue as the faction color.

Mindblank
01-07-2006, 18:45
6) This could be intended but I'm not sure. One of my generals seems to have developped two apparently contradictory traits:
- Likes Easy Battles (has a decreased chance of learning from combat experience); and
- Clearly Victorious (has a good chance to learn from his combat experiences)

Jebus
01-07-2006, 20:50
Please, read the stickies before you submit bug reports.

Mindblank
01-07-2006, 22:23
I did. I scanned through the known issues list, couldn't see these issues. Granted, I may have missed some, and I do apologize for the spam.

But apparently, I've done something wrong. Please explain?

Jebus
01-07-2006, 22:28
But apparently, I've done something wrong. Please explain?

I don't mean to offend, but I'm pretty sure 1, 2, 4 and five are in the 'collected bug list' already, and 6 is explained in the readme.

You might be on to something with three, though :D

Mindblank
01-07-2006, 22:43
Thanks for clarifying. Again, I apologize for spamming.

However, this brings up an interesting point of organization. There are stickies, true, but none of them says anything like "Please read BEFORE posting bug reports". So I merely scanned through the known bug list, and not really knowing what else to do, I posted my thread.

In the absence of clear instructions, I assumed that "more is better than less". It would be nice to have some feedback from the modding team as to what process you want your open beta testers to adopt? How desperate are you to hunt down bugs in this version? For example, are you desperate enough to take some occasional spam too?

Malrubius
01-08-2006, 00:25
6) This could be intended but I'm not sure. One of my generals seems to have developped two apparently contradictory traits:
- Likes Easy Battles (has a decreased chance of learning from combat experience); and
- Clearly Victorious (has a good chance to learn from his combat experiences)

Here's my explanation of this one: https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpost.php?p=1025169&postcount=25

I probably need to edit the descriptions. They do seem to be contradictory and confusing. :oops:

khelvan
01-08-2006, 01:09
I am looking for someone to moderate these forums and keep the various thread titles up to date and stickies accurate. If you would like to volunteer for that job, I would be happy.

Spitful
01-08-2006, 01:30
*Jumps up and down* "pick me, pick me"

Seriously i would love to do that.

Jebus
01-08-2006, 02:03
I guess I could help with that too...

I'm kinda doing it a bit already anyway :embarassed:

Mindblank
01-08-2006, 03:21
I would have volunteered, but I am starting a new, demanding, job this Monday, so I must decline.