PDA

View Full Version : CTD and bug collection

O_Stratigos
01-08-2006, 04:18
I think that a sub-subforum or similar might be needed here. It could be divided in two with all the factions listed in both; one will be strictly for CTD’s with a header instruction to testers-fans to please post all relevant information about the CTD they report and the other will be strictly for bugs, again with a header instruction to please read carefully before posting a bug as to eliminate –or at least minimize- double postings.

The benefits for the testers-fans to be able to go in just one place to report bugs and CTD's and for the people who are trying to fix them of having everything in one place for easy cross references could be substantial.
Also someone could be appointed to collect all bug and CTD reports of the last two weeks and place them appropriately.

The enormous response from testers-fans was probably not quite anticipated and this could be the reason as to why a more organized reporting procedure was not initially implemented.

O Stratigos :bow:

PS: Maybe even a third faction listing for traits, imbalances etc

khelvan
01-08-2006, 09:32
We don't have the manpower to do what you suggest. Simetrical is doing a fine job of collecting all of the posted bugs and reporting them for all to see.

If we suddenly have a rush of volunteers, perhaps we can devote more time to moderation and organization. It certainly isn't for lack of wishing we had all the resources in the world.

O_Stratigos
01-08-2006, 10:50
We don't have the manpower to do what you suggest. Simetrical is doing a fine job of collecting all of the posted bugs and reporting them for all to see.

If we suddenly have a rush of volunteers, perhaps we can devote more time to moderation and organization. It certainly isn't for lack of wishing we had all the resources in the world.

About the sub-subforum or whatever, once in place, then it's just a matter of the testers-fans posting there instead of anywhere anytime a CTD, bug or trait problem is found.

As for volunteering, I for one volunteer to do anything provided I'm given precise instructions (I've often stated how useless I am with computers..lol) and I'm sure that there are quite a few fans out there ready to volunteer for the more "tech" stuff… maybe you are underestimating how much people really love this mod!!~:grouphug:

I'm not trying to make an issue or anything out of this, so if your final word is "no", then "no" it is; I'm sure you guys have more importand things to do.. :knight: :2thumbsup:

O Stratigos :bow:

Wardo
01-09-2006, 07:32
I second that, if I could do anything to speed bug/CTD fixing I would, so far I've been busy playing the beta, instead of beta testing it, sorry, you guys built a great mod, even if it's still incomplete, even if there are bugs and CTDs, it's fun as long as it works. :juggle2: :wall: