PDA

View Full Version : Graphics..or lack or them

Baldrick
01-09-2006, 11:27
For some reason my campaign map does not show any cities and sometimes the characters are also missing. Its probably related to a crappy video card in my PC but it strikes me as strange that vanilla worked OK

any clues would be helpful

Dayve
01-09-2006, 12:44
I heard something about EB including a preferences.txt in the download which was installed with the mod, so go and look at your graphics settings and resolution in vanilla, then put the same settings into the EB mod.

Baldrick
01-09-2006, 13:11
I shall have a play..TA!

Chester
01-09-2006, 14:49
My graphics card is not top notch, but I'm able to play with medium effects, high detail, huge armies, and low everything else. Runs ok too.

Dayve
01-09-2006, 15:05
You can play huge units on low end cards... It's ram that counts.

Baldrick
01-10-2006, 11:13
nope..now reaching the end of my tether

I've dumbed everything down but I still cannot see towns\cities and characters on the strat map. Commodities and ports appear the correct shape but all in black character highlights and paths which are generally green are not seen at all. I've run vanilla with better settings and all appears OK.

I've checked the video board and it appears to be a 64MEG GeForce4 not so crappy as I first assumed (Its my works PC so don't slate me for not knowing I've just never bothered to check before)

Battles are fine

:help:

found some up to date drivers from NVidia...all is well :jumping:

Teleklos Archelaou
01-10-2006, 16:22
Very good news baldrick. This will be good advice for us to give if we see this problem occurring again. :2thumbsup:

Magnificant me
01-14-2006, 01:40
i don't have a problem with the campain map graphics, it is the battle map that i have the troble with. I went to the battle map for a little fight with some rebs. and i found it to be very diferant from what i experianced in the vanila 1.2, i did not have any grass and all the units were real rough around the edges. any one know any way that this can be fixed?

Malrubius
01-14-2006, 01:47
You can turn up the detail on grass, terrain, buildings, etc, in your options -> video options

Magnificant me
01-14-2006, 03:57
Well then, that was simple, don't know why i didn't think of that be for, silly me

Malrubius
01-31-2006, 13:22
Also, the trouble I was having with rivers and oceans turning black after battles is resolved. I changed the Terrain detail from medium to highest (those were my only 2 options). I'd rather have a bit more campaign map lag than black oceans! :juggle2: