PDA

View Full Version : *** How to help AoVaF ***

Rodion Romanovich
01-10-2006, 15:58
We're currently looking for more skinners. If you want to help AoVaF and think you're a good enough skinner, please post a sample of your work below (a screenshot of the skinned unit in an RTW custom battle) or send it to me as a private message.

We are also looking for the following:
- city plan editor - someone who can edit settlement plans. Please post a sample of your work or send it to me by PM
- coders - if you know RTW scripting your help is VERY appreciated. If you know how to edit unit stats, and add and remove units, building etc., you're also welcome.

Mirek
02-26-2006, 14:42
Hi!
I came from Slovakia, one of the centers of what used to be Grand Moravia. I graduated from slovak and world history. So I am qualified historian and I would like to help with research of Great Moravia. I can give you informations about a history of Great Moravia, but to give you more specific information about military and buildings can take a bit longer. I have to do some research and contacts some friends, classmates.
Total War is my favorite game, but sometimes lack of historical facts is obvious. It is just little bit sad that this faction is not playable. At this time it was consider superpower in central Europe reaching from german borders till Ukraine and from Austria, Hungary till app half of todays Poland. I know that there is a limited number of the fractions, but you can reduce some of the smaller ones (like one of the wikings fractions - you can't really speak about the nations at the time, because modern nations were formed latter). It does not matter if you call them wikings, normans or varjags, it is a same name for wikings tribes. I think it would be interested not only for Czech, Slovak, Polish players.
This fraction was a threat to East-Franks, ally of Bulgaria and Byzantian Empire and Pope granted them independent church province and title of a king for leader, what was very important for any country at the time. Bible was translated to its own oldslavonic language, at this time only three other languages were permitted: latin, greek, hebrew.
Anyway I can and I am willing to help. Please send mi an informations about the tech tree and any informations you are interested in.
Mirek

We're currently looking for more skinners. If you want to help AoVaF and think you're a good enough skinner, please post a sample of your work below (a screenshot of the skinned unit in an RTW custom battle) or send it to me as a private message.

We are also looking for the following:
- city plan editor - someone who can edit settlement plans. Please post a sample of your work or send it to me by PM
- historian for researching Great Moravia - we need concept art of Great Moravia warriors, as well as a good army list and a tech tree suggestion following the system of our other tech trees. If you know anything about Great Moravia and contact us or post below in this thread we will give you information on the system behind our current tech trees so you can design a tech tree which follows both the historical reality and our gameplay system

Rodion Romanovich
02-26-2006, 19:39
If you know much about Great Moravia that would be of much help. Alas, I'm afraid the mod still needs at least one more skinner to survive. Anyway if you enjoy it feel free to post a suggestion for an army list.

palissa
02-27-2006, 12:26
Ah, i downloaded your pack and did look at the skin and model there.
There arent much skins :) just some viking and saxons :)
If you give me a .cas model, and a good descr of how want to be the dress of the model, i can try to skin some :)
If give me a mail or such, i can send you my only skin i did :) a spearman with shield.
bye
Here my skin:
https://img152.imageshack.us/img152/2294/bronzespearman9az.th.jpg (https://img152.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bronzespearman9az.jpg)

Germanicus91
02-27-2006, 13:12
I've just posted urgent requests for skinners for this project in the TW Center forums, the official RTW forums and on the RTR modding forum :-)

Rodion Romanovich
02-27-2006, 17:37
Ah, i downloaded your pack and did look at the skin and model there.
There arent much skins :) just some viking and saxons :)
If you give me a .cas model, and a good descr of how want to be the dress of the model, i can try to skin some :)
If give me a mail or such, i can send you my only skin i did :) a spearman with shield.
bye
Here my skin:
https://img152.imageshack.us/img152/2294/bronzespearman9az.th.jpg (https://img152.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bronzespearman9az.jpg)

I think the pack contains most of the .cas models needed. See which units you can do from those .cas models. If any .cas models are missing, I'll contact skeletor to see if he has some models not yet inserted into the package you downloaded. I think there might be around at least 5 or so .cas models more than those available in the package but I'm not sure exactly how many there are.

palissa
02-28-2006, 12:27
Well, okay for the cas, but you must tell me what you want :)
I mean: want a knights of some sort?
Tell me how it must be, gimme a picture, a URL address where look a model of knight you like, or gimme a description like this:
Name of unit
mail, chain mail, plate, ecc.
color of tunic, and all what needed.
color on the shield, paint on the shield, dont know.
a picture will be better or a drawing.
bye

Rodion Romanovich
02-28-2006, 19:08
Yes, we are going to finalize the unit lists soon, and we already have some unit lists. I have just received a good suggestion of someone who will take over the leadership of AoVaF. As soon as that is settled, I'm sure the new leader will be able to give more exact instructions. We've worked with 80% complete lists for units etc. but I hope the new leader will be able to complete them and add info on which units have been made etc., and then you can pick the units you'd like most to skin, and do them. Please be patient, it might take a week before all details have been worked out. ~:cheers:

IrishArmenian
05-25-2006, 21:01
I am not really good at anything, if I do say so myself, but anything that requires tedious work and very little reward, just shoot me a PM. I really like what you are doing with this mod and would like to help it along in any way possible.

edyzmedieval
05-26-2006, 12:11
Maybe you could learn skinning/modelling? We desperately need help.

:help:

IrishArmenian
05-27-2006, 00:35
I'll get on the moddelling, skipper. Any modelling programs that you know of? I have Caligula, but it always stops on installation and tells me that I need to stop everything and restart me computer. I could go into detail on that later. I'll get on that soon. Thank you for the oppurtunity.

IrishArmenian
05-28-2006, 19:43
Ok, I got 3ds, but I cannot skin. Photoshop is far to expenisve for me. Despite that, I am still trying to get my hands on it. Anyway, I just need to download Vercingetorix's extractors.

edyzmedieval
05-28-2006, 21:01
Just download the tutorials and the trials first, to get you used to it. :book:

Photoshop and 3DS Max.

Edvinsen
07-03-2006, 12:09
Greetings

I wondered if there is anything I can help with?. I have some experience with Photoshop CS2, since im working as an Picture Editor. So I guess maybe I can do some skinning if im given the correct guides, software, descr etc.
Im from Norway btw, so I really want to see this mod finished :)

Best Regards

Edvinsen

edyzmedieval
07-05-2006, 14:45
Hello Edvinsen. ~:)

Please visit the Scriptorium, a subforum of the RTW Modding section, where you can find the skinning and modelling tutorials, so you can help us. ~D

The_Rat
07-10-2006, 04:31
hello

is there any way i can help you with i know some photoshop as well as 3ds, so i guess i can do some skinning or modelling

edyzmedieval
07-10-2006, 15:43
Have you read the tutorials from the Scriptorium(a subforum) from this forum? :book:

The_Rat
07-10-2006, 18:28
ye some of them why?

edyzmedieval
07-11-2006, 12:32
You need to learn throughly so you can produce skins and models. :book:

menander
09-24-2006, 12:49
OKAY now who we really need are:

2D Artists, 3D Artists, People who can Script.

Thank you and good day.

Nacheras
09-27-2006, 11:17
Hi, Menander, I´m an old helper to AOVAF as historical adviser. I´m happy that someone could assume the direction. Very sad if this great mod die.

I cannot modelling or skinning (and don´t know anyone that can do it), but if you need some more historical advising, I can provide you.

Good luck.

menander
09-30-2006, 11:43
Thanks very much for your offer, I'll PM you ASAP.

Jade
11-06-2006, 03:27
My only programming skills were in PASCAL, so I can't be much help that way, but if you need another History consultant, feel free to reach me. My particular specialty is Normandy. I can also write, in fluent (and, if need be, interesting/engaging) English.

Best of luck with this mod. It really looks good, and I've been dying to play one of these games as the Normans (being called the Normans, not the English).

Csatadi
11-06-2006, 14:17
My only programming skills were in PASCAL, so I can't be much help that way, but if you need another History consultant, feel free to reach me. My particular specialty is Normandy. I can also write, in fluent (and, if need be, interesting/engaging) English.

Modding doesn't need any programming skills. All the important files are in txt format. If you are interested modding total war I suggest to you to download my mod (see my sig). It is little so it is quick. Unzip the files NOT to your RTW folder but make a separate one. And wow you get the script files modded the most. You can compare them with the original - simply use the Word to this process.

Historic infos would be also good. See the thread about the future of the mod.

Jade
11-06-2006, 20:20
I don't have too much time right now, either, but maybe after Christmas I could try to figure the modding thing out.

Modding doesn't need any programming skills. All the important files are in txt format. If you are interested modding total war I suggest to you to download my mod (see my sig). It is little so it is quick. Unzip the files NOT to your RTW folder but make a separate one. And wow you get the script files modded the most. You can compare them with the original - simply use the Word to this process.

Historic infos would be also good. See the thread about the future of the mod.