PDA

View Full Version : CTD during multiple attacks in one turn

elspaniard
01-10-2006, 23:20
ok. EB looks very promising and i'm quite thrilled about it. i just can't play it.

i'm trying out the koinon hellenon and makedonia is always after me. i've subdued one of their towns and now i'm after korinth. only problem is whenever i attack their city and end the turn, i'm assaulted once by their attempt to lift the seige and i beat back that assault. then, before the turn is ended completely, another assault from a nearby makedonian army comes forward and regardless of whether i actually fight the battle myself or use the auto-resolve button, the game always crashes to the desktop. it happens every single time and it's becoming increasingly annoying since i spend a good 45 minutes - an hour fighting out that first battle.

any help?

monkian
01-11-2006, 15:45
Just got the same thing with Baktria except the whole thing locked up completely - hope it saved itself cos I just won a rather hard though battle :embarassed:

elspaniard
01-11-2006, 18:51
when you go back to load campaign game, choose the last autosave. it'll start you off right before your last turn was made, but that's about all you can do. :( the only thing i can think of is go back a few turns, if you can, and try and get past those areas without having to fight two battles in one turn. other than that, i'm afraid we're both s.o.l.

monkian
01-13-2006, 11:21
Managed to get around the crash but now it crashes whenever I take the last Yeuzi settlement :wall:

I assualt it for about 3 years and then they attack me with a single stack army whislt im sieging.

Manage to beat them both but then the game hangs on loading back up and locks up my Pc.

Any help would be appreciated :shame:

Teleklos Archelaou
01-13-2006, 16:31
Just to provide a little more info on this topic. I rarely have double attacks in one turn, but the seleukids just betrayed me and attacked (my force that was besieging a rebel city), and when I won that battle the besieged force stormed out against me. I withdrew when it came to the battle screen though. No ctd problems occurred. So I was attacked twice in one turn but I didn't fight two battles. If it has anything to do with the initial attack itself it didn't appear to cause a problem with me (I was Hayasdan).

Again, not directly a reply to this topic, but a little extra info on the subject.

Jebus
01-13-2006, 18:09
In my current campaing, which has progressed up to the year 147 now, I have fought a fair number of battles - including being attacked up to five times in one turn. Sometimes it crashed, mostly it didn't. From my experience, those crashes probably weren't caused by the battles themselves - although the when the crashes happened, they did happen right after the post-battle load screen finished loading.

Just a little more info too.

elspaniard
01-17-2006, 06:28
indeed. it may not be dependant upon the attack itself. the crash happens when i either click the auto-resolve or fight on battlefield button. as soon as i click it, the ctd occurs. not when the opposing army attacks.