PDA

View Full Version : Baktria recruitment problem

cima
01-12-2006, 07:38
Hello...

found some typos in the exports_desc_buildings.txt

Been founding that I was unable to recruit baktrian agema, the hetaroi and the greek pheraspidai even though I had built the highest barrack (i.e. the "royal barracks) in Baktra.

:idea2: So I decided to dig in to the exports_desc_buildings.txt and kind of puzzled when I ran to this particular entry (example for the baktrian agemata):

recruit "greek bactrian agemata" 0 requires factions { romans_brutii, } and building_present_min_level government_type1 type1lvl2 and hidden_resource alpha and not hidden_resource beta and hidden_resource gamma and not hidden_resource delta and hidden_resource epsilon and hidden_resource zeta and not hidden_resource eta and not hidden_resource theta

okay... so there lots of hidden resources qualifiers there... :dizzy2:

now i dug into the DESC_REGIONS.TXT file (in \Data\world\map\campaign\imperial_campaign) and found this entry for Baktra:

Baktria
Baktra
romans_brutii
Baktrioi
20 155 2
silk, gold, textiles, camels, river, alpha, beta, gamma, epsilon, pahlavahome

Notice Baktra has the hidden resources of alpha, beta, gamma, and epsilon.

Now look again into the entry for in the exports_desc_buildings.txt and see that:
hidden_resource alpha and not hidden_resource beta and hidden_resource gamma and not hidden_resource delta and hidden_resource epsilon and hidden_resource zeta and not hidden_resource eta and not hidden_resource theta

What I underlined above are typos... no wonder I couldnt recruit the Agemata!
Baktra has the hidden resource beta but the requirement for Agemata is NOT having the resource beta. The oppposite is true for zeta

This is what it should've been like:

recruit "greek bactrian agemata" 0 requires factions { romans_brutii, } and building_present_min_level government_type1 type1lvl2 and hidden_resource alpha and hidden_resource beta and hidden_resource gamma and not hidden_resource delta and hidden_resource epsilon and not hidden_resource zeta and not hidden_resource eta and not hidden_resource theta

Anyway... if you've been wondering why you cant recruit some of the most elite units (especially in your capital), check out the files above and look for potential typos. Some of these units have soooo many resource requirements that I can see how easy it would be to make typos.

For the baktrian players out there, make the following changes to at least be able to recruit the agemata, hetaroi and pheraspadai (assuming you have the highest barrack):

:idea2: do a search for "bactrian agemata" and make sure the line looks like this:

recruit "greek bactrian agemata" 0 requires factions { romans_brutii, } and building_present_min_level government_type1 type1lvl2 and hidden_resource alpha and hidden_resource beta and hidden_resource gamma and not hidden_resource delta and hidden_resource epsilon and not hidden_resource zeta and not hidden_resource eta and not hidden_resource theta

:idea2: do a search for "greek pheraspidai" and look for the entries with romans_brutii in them (the baktrians were set as the brutii... hence the roman photos and speeches). There are three entries... anyway, just paste the below underneath the third entries...

recruit "greek pheraspidai" 0 requires factions { romans_brutii, } and building_present_min_level government_type1 type1lvl2 and hidden_resource alpha and hidden_resource beta and hidden_resource gamma and not hidden_resource delta and hidden_resource epsilon and not hidden_resource zeta and not hidden_resource eta and not hidden_resource theta

:idea2: do a search for "successor companion cavalry" and find the entry with romans_brutii and make sure it looks like this:

recruit "successor companion cavalry" 0 requires factions { romans_brutii, } and building_present_min_level government_type1 type1lvl2 and hidden_resource alpha and hidden_resource beta and hidden_resource gamma and not hidden_resource delta and hidden_resource epsilon and not hidden_resource zeta and not hidden_resource eta and not hidden_resource theta

NightStar
01-12-2006, 10:39
Nice work....I wonder if it would be worth looking into with other factions :book: Finally I will be able to recruit some elites!!!!

Big_John
01-15-2006, 06:55
the successors were a bit mixed up in the original EDB for some reason. this has been fixed, and recruitment should be much better off in the coming patch (coming very soon if i can finish off the current issues). if you notice any other such problems, please post them here: https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=59053

thanks. :2thumbsup:

Chester
01-16-2006, 05:42
I think the Agema comes in later in the game. Isn't it a reform?

monkian
01-17-2006, 20:30
Hi

If someone haas sucessfully modified this file can they email it to munkian@gmail.com please ?

Ive tried editing the files and i get a script error at startup then a CTD

:embarassed:

The error is 'script error in data/export_descr_buildings.txt at line 13261, colum 308, hidden resource condition, unrecongnised hidden resource'

Spectral
01-17-2006, 21:10
Check your inbox monkian ;)

monkian
01-17-2006, 23:07
~:cheers:

Chester
01-18-2006, 03:37
I can't make the following units

Pheriaspidai
Baktrion Agema
Hellenic Kataphraktoi

How do I get these? THe kataphraktoi is triggered when Palava uses them against me, however, they have yet to do so in my game. All they make are HA.

Can some one help me? Can I edit the script? OH COOL, just noticed it in first post ROFL

Chester
01-18-2006, 04:54
I can't get it too work, any one want to help me?

monkian
01-18-2006, 09:17
I can't get it too work, any one want to help me?

Send an email to munkian@gmail.com and I'll forward you the file that Spectral very kindly sent to me

Chester
01-18-2006, 09:32
Thank you monkian and spectral!

Conqueror
01-18-2006, 21:00
I've noticed that I can't train Akontistai anywhere else than Baktra. None of the cities I have expanded into have the option to recruit them, not even the ones with Homeland (Type-I) government and the maximum level barracks! And Akontistai are just the lowest-class hellenic skirmisher unit, they're hardly anything special. This has proven a very annoying problem in my campaign as I have to recruit all of my Akontistai units in Baktra and march them huge distances just to get affordable garrisons for my cities. Then if they ever get reduced (earthquakes, plagues, etc) I can only retrain them by marching them all the back to Baktra :help:

So far I can verify that Akontistai are not buildable in:
Persepolis
Gabai
Karmana
Pura
Alexandropolis
Prophthasia
Alexandreia-Ariana
Kophen
Taksashila
Opiana

Of these cities, all except for Opiana have either Type-I or Type-II government in place. Yet, no Akontistai available. It's bizarre how I can train quality units like Pezhetairoi in a settlement but not mere Akontistai.

Spectral
01-18-2006, 22:11
A similar thing happens with thureophoroi, thorikitai and peltastai, I'm only able to recruit them in some provinces (like Baktra or the Alexandrias), but can't do that in other cities with same MIC + gov't confguration.

Ragabash
01-22-2006, 12:39
Thanks... Helped alot :2thumbsup:

O'ETAIPOS
01-22-2006, 13:48
Of these cities, all except for Opiana have either Type-I or Type-II government in place. Yet, no Akontistai available. It's bizarre how I can train quality units like Pezhetairoi in a settlement but not mere Akontistai.

Akontistai were drawn from poor part of greek society, so they were not available in places where locals were majority. On the other hand Pedzetairoi are military settlers and the goverment is placing the colonys in newly conqered places. That it was in history, so maybe this what you mention is a feature not a bug. :)