PDA

View Full Version : Gameplay Discussion: Battles

Andreas
01-14-2006, 18:03
So, I noticed that the KOD Thread was becoming more and more infected by talk about the gameplay in the mod, and less about kod and things related to that so I open these two topics, one about the Campaign and one about the Battles, Here you can ask questions, discuss your views of what you want and so on. We will try to answer your questions as much as we can. Have fun:)

/Andreas

Lord Sivart
01-17-2006, 02:46
What happens if Rand dies on the battlefield? (Assuming he can be used like a regular general) Does his faction break apart, or is it autamatic victory for the shadow?

Myrddraal
01-17-2006, 12:05
We haven't decided on this as such. We'll probably end up with Rand faction being taken over by someone else. Remember in our version, the last battle will take place between armies of trollocs and men rather than a one on one battle between Rand and the DO.

beaverprophet
01-17-2006, 15:36
And if it is taken over, will they still have control of the Aiel?
After all, they follow Rand because he is the Car'a'Carn, which the new leader obviously won't be.

Andreas
01-17-2006, 19:10
I don't wanna be the one to spoil the fun, but this is more of a campaign map thing... I intended this for the real time part of the game:) Anyway, I think that is more a matter of how united the chiefs are, and they seem pretty tight right now, so I guess they will remain. And it would be... difficult to prevent recruiting of aiel troops after the death of a faction leader.

jramoyo
01-18-2006, 03:12
What happens if Rand dies on the battlefield? (Assuming he can be used like a regular general) Does his faction break apart, or is it autamatic victory for the shadow?

If this is meant to ba a campain then if al thor dies, shouldn't the campain meant to be over?

Gurkhal
01-18-2006, 13:31
And if it is taken over, will they still have control of the Aiel?
After all, they follow Rand because he is the Car'a'Carn, which the new leader obviously won't be.

We'll have to pretend that the Aiel and Rand can make some sort of agreement about the Aiel not go away if Rand dies but to follow his sucsessor. It could work since Rand bends the webb around him to make the Aiel agree to a such thing.

Andreas
01-19-2006, 15:35
If this is meant to ba a campain then if al thor dies, shouldn't the campain meant to be over?
No not really... Someone will likely step in try to take control of his armies, either for the power or because of love to the light. There has been talk about making it much harder for those persons keeping the army together, but there is nothing decided.

DragonR.
01-21-2006, 18:05
Maybe Logain?

4th Dimension
01-21-2006, 23:24
Maby as control over Asha'man, but he doesn't have enough influence among Aiel.

Што не стави уобичајени ник.

DragonR.
01-21-2006, 23:57
None but Aiel has enough control over Aiel...

Maybe some clan chief, and maybe they would follow Mat...

4th Dimension
01-22-2006, 14:44
Hm, yes. Maby you are right. He is a ta'veren. And Aiel know him. And also he has no aliegance to no nation

Werthead
01-22-2006, 23:26
Otherwise Rhuarc, not as leader of the Aiel, more of a chairperson for the clan chiefs. Rand seems to have more or less appointed him in that position anyway.

Rhuarc is also a good nomination for a 'great character back in the day who has done F-all for the last five books' award.

CrownOfSwords
01-23-2006, 06:20
yeah its sad they left some characters alone such as Rhuarc and a few I cant even remember names the Sheniaran lord who met Rand wouldve been great to have a chapter about him relating to the build up to the last battle on the blight. I would like even to hear more about Tam. Then theres the stupid characters I dont care about that seem to linger around like Domon.

Andreas
01-23-2006, 12:04
I would say that either Mat or Perrin would take over...

DragonR.
01-23-2006, 16:31
Faction Heir could be changed in vanilla, will it be in WoT:TW?

Andreas
01-23-2006, 19:30
Yes, it will.

4th Dimension
01-24-2006, 13:29
If rand would die, it woud be a more like an alliance, not a faction. But because this is mod for RTW. Met should take over and then Perin.

Werthead
01-24-2006, 20:59
I hesitate to ask this question, but what's the current status on skinning the models (I'm guessing this is the hardest and most time-consuming part of the game)? Quarter-done, half-done?

It's times like these I bemoan my total inability to use computer modelling and art programmes. :(

4th Dimension
01-24-2006, 21:18
As I remember skins aren't problem, but models are.

Lord Sivart
01-25-2006, 01:48
Assuming the control of the POTD goes badly, do the splinter groups become Rebels or become factions?

GreyHuntr
01-25-2006, 09:13
Maybe they could break apart, like the Ostrogoths or Western Roman rebels. Or maybe the Aiel could become a splinter faction upon Rand's death, like the Romano-British when the last Roman city in Britain is conquered.

Andreas
01-25-2006, 14:02
Maybe they could break apart, like the Ostrogoths or Western Roman rebels. Or maybe the Aiel could become a splinter faction upon Rand's death, like the Romano-British when the last Roman city in Britain is conquered.
No, we do not have enough faction slots for that.

4th Dimension
03-03-2006, 13:28
One question.
Will Asha'mans have the ability to attack walls. Because they could be really helpful in sieges.

Andreas
03-06-2006, 15:04
One question.
Will Asha'mans have the ability to attack walls. Because they could be really helpful in sieges.
Yes, some of them.

4th Dimension
03-16-2006, 23:54
Will the pre battle speashes be the same as in vanila game?
Some may be used by this mod also. Expecialy Roman spehes about omens could be used by Seancahan.

CrownOfSwords
03-17-2006, 21:47
there havent been posts in ages is everyone still breathing? lol

Lanfire
03-18-2006, 13:37
i am breathing but i'm just a simple WoT fan. who knows what they are doing.

InferiorBeing
09-12-2006, 23:05
Fluff aside, how will the battle-pace be? (Unit speed, killspeed, morale, etc); I really hope to see that this mod, like most others, removes the pesky 3-second battles from vanilla.

Glaucus
09-13-2006, 02:08
I remember reading somewhere in one of these threads that they will slow down movement and kill speeds, to make it more realistic.

Myrddraal
09-13-2006, 04:35
Yeah I will, but Glaucus a lot of the things I had in mind are impossible without a team. Remember, atm I'm just hoping to release the unit's I've done as a custom battle pack. We'll see if anything else is possible.

I'm also working on NTW2 atm to give you an idea of my time commitments

Glaucus
09-14-2006, 00:19
Of course, we all understand that modders have lives too (yes they are people who need sleep and attention just like you!), and anything you can release is much appreciated.

Simmons
09-14-2006, 06:12
Of course, we all understand that modders have lives too (yes they are people who need sleep and attention just like you!), and anything you can release is much appreciated.
What! you mean to say the modders in this community are allowed to sleep this is outragous next you will let them go outside! something must be done think about how much more content could be released if there where guards standing over them with whips. :furious2:

Dol Guldur
09-14-2006, 22:37
Not so much guards with whips as guys with msn and PMs and incessant posts - all of which effort and time might have been more constructively used to learn how to mod some aspect of the engine and contribute to the Mod so that it could be released earlier...

rant. rave. rant. ;)

satchef1
09-15-2006, 15:46
Not so much guards with whips as guys with msn and PMs and incessant posts - all of which effort and time might have been more constructively used to learn how to mod some aspect of the engine and contribute to the Mod so that it could be released earlier...

rant. rave. rant. ;)

lol
Spent a bit of time on Rome over the past couple of weeks and im coming round to it, think im going to learn to mod it once i get my laptop back from the menders (took 2 months last time so could be a while :furious3:). Should be able to give you guys a hand with this once ive done that (no idea how long it will take me to learn, depends how different it is to M:TW)