PDA

View Full Version : Sorta a modding question....

Reenk Roink
01-15-2006, 01:28
Hello EB staff,

I have been trying to do a small modding project involving changing portraits of family members at the start. I've already searched through the RTW modification forum, and even asked a question, but to no avail. Some people have said that it is impossible to change a portrait, so I wanted to ask you, since you can do anything, Is it possible to change portraits, and if so how?

Thanks in advance

Reenk Roink
01-15-2006, 17:11
Gah! No one knows....:help:

Moros
01-21-2006, 14:19
I think it is possible. I believe there've been made some new portraits for EB. Also Blue lotus has own portraits.

Krusader
01-31-2006, 05:43
Hello EB staff,

I have been trying to do a small modding project involving changing portraits of family members at the start. I've already searched through the RTW modification forum, and even asked a question, but to no avail. Some people have said that it is impossible to change a portrait, so I wanted to ask you, since you can do anything, Is it possible to change portraits, and if so how?

Thanks in advance

I messed around with this a bit, and I did manage to make new portraits for roman families (kind of, as I just copied over Eastern and Greek ones for testing).

Anywho, you should unpack the .pak files and in the UI folder you should find the portraits, which are sorted after culture. Can't remember the folder names now, eight months since I worked on portraits.
NOTE: Carthaginian & Eastern cultures share portraits and it's impossible as far as we know to have seperate set of portraits for each culture. There are no Carthaginian portraits, just portraits in the EASTERN folder.

After taking a peek, you should see there are two folders (with sub-folders) with different sized images in each, one called CARDS and the other...heck I cant remember :sweatdrop:

When you add new portraits just remember to save it in .tga and each culture MUST have the exact same number of portraits in it's folder. If you have one more or one less file, then it's reverted back to the original portraits for that culture (at least the Romans).

And I got it to work by re-packing the editted files into a patch_1.pak I think.

Sorry, I have really forgotten much how the portraits worked.

Myrddraal
02-08-2006, 00:42
Maybe this should go in the forum named: Modding Questions.....