PDA

View Full Version : GrimMod

GrimSta
01-19-2006, 09:58
GrimMod - A Barbarian Invasion Enhancement Pack by GrimSta

The aim of GrimMod is to provide a more enjoyable experiance for the player, to do this we are including a number of mods made by other people (Mydraals 4 turns a year script and Archer's De-Saturised Sassanids leap to mind early on) however the majority of the work will be done by Myself.

Like we said earlier on the main aim of GrimMod Is to make it fun to play BI again, without making download sizes huge, which is why we decided early on to limit ourselves to two new factions, who were handilly made by CA for us...the Moors - who will be replacing the Eastern Empire Rebels and the White Huns who will be replacing the Roxolani.....yes, We know they wernt around but the Eastern Empire was very stable at the time and frankly if I see one more blue chick riding a horse I would probably screem....

The list of major changes we intend to make is below!!

The Moors will be operating in the same way as the Eastern Empire Rebels, except they will only emerge when the Berbers have a rebellion, and the same goes for the Huns...imagine a horde of White Huns appearing out of the Hunnic Homeland, not a pretty sight....

The Half recruitment and Upkeep costs along with the 0 turn recruitment and no peasants means that the computer will build lots of very large, very challanging armies. Hordes are less of a problem now, but they still should be feared!

Thanks go to Meqon-Nerd for actually making the framework for this, and Fable234 for teaching me how to add and rename factions, cheers lads! :)

1: No Peasants
2: Half Recruitment Cost
3: Half Upkeep Costs
4: 0 Turn Recruitment
5: 4 Turns a Year
6: Removes Roxolani and Eastern Empire Rebels
7: Adds in two new Emergent Factions: White Huns and Moors
8: Larger Map
9: Zone of Recruitment System
10: Slavs arrive Earlier
11: Romano-British Available from start +balancing their units
12: Computer Controlled (AI) Generals now have a large chance of recieving 10 Command Stars
13: Scripts to generate Random enemy armies, and also Spawn full stack enemy armies on the capturing of a Factions Capitol
14: Hordes double the size - Real Devastation now
We do have text editors and a scripter in the making working for us and i will be touchihng up the Moor and White Hun skins made by CA

Screenshots
The Map
https://img65.imageshack.us/img65/2161/maplarge9yj.jpg
The White Hunnic horde ride down the Moors
https://img50.imageshack.us/img50/2562/hunvmoors5br.jpg

Dont be fooled by the fact I only have a couple screenshots - I dont have the full campaign map up and running yet, but as you can see its on the way.

If you want to try a very early beta version then you can get it here (http://www.badongo.com/file.php?file=This+is+the+proper+OB,+the+other+one+didnt+work...__2006-01-16_RMBT+early+beta.zip) but it isnt that great atm....there are gonna be bigger things happening.

Thanks for showing an Intrest!!

Ilsamir Lord
01-19-2006, 11:54
Nice work Grim! I like the map muchly! Doncha just love mod team nepitism?

=E.T=
01-19-2006, 18:41
FQA:grimMod is for bi v1.4 or v1.6???

Monarch
01-19-2006, 18:53
Is there any chance you could release some of the functions of the mod seperately? 0 turn recruitment, half rescuitment/upkeep costs and no peasents would make a very nice little download...for me at least. I know I could just download the mod but it's nothing personal, I'm just not so keen on other areas such as the white huns.

So yeah, three thumbs up on the smaller stuff very good indeed.

GrimSta
01-19-2006, 19:36
Oh yeah, its for 1.6 :2thumbsup:
And yeah. I'll release a version of it as a minimod for peeps who want just some of the features - I really fo recomend the map though, it is a huuuuge improvment over the current BI one. Even if it is still being tweaked (getting the finances and happieness sorted out)

Trajen the 1st
01-19-2006, 22:00
If you combined this map with Selekos' map it would be awsome!:book:

GrimSta
01-19-2006, 22:40
I like the map im using already :laugh4:

=E.T=
01-19-2006, 23:12
tnx GrimSta!

Lentonius
01-24-2006, 19:22
looks very promising:2thumbsup:

it is good to have a mod combining the best bits from smaller mods into a bigger mod...