PDA

View Full Version : Victory/Loss fmv question

LordElrond
01-21-2006, 20:22
I was looking in the data/fmv/lose folder and I noticed something. For one, all those images are just amazing if anyone who hasn't seen them, I recommend looking at them cause it makes my mouth water. Plus, I'm guessing the .tga files that all have "_eb" at the end of their names are the actual loss images that you see. Then, the originals like "macedon_eliminated" media files are the new victory images.

Well anyway my question in this is that when the patch fixes the roman/seluecid switch, will it fix the switch in these? Or can i switch the julii_eliminated and seleucid_eliminated names now to fix at least part of it for me without hurting it when the patch comes?

Malrubius
01-22-2006, 07:32
Hmm, when I compare the files with vanilla, we have seleukid_eliminated where the julii defeat movie was, etc. So the swap has already been applied, AFAICT. Are you seeing the wrong ones when a faction is eliminated? (also, Kull found 4 that were missing and will be in the next patch)

LordElrond
01-22-2006, 17:18
Looking at them I saw that the new defeat .tga files for EB were correct in that file. Seleucid plays for seleucid... etc. But it also appeared that the original defeat movies in that file seemed to have been changed into victory movies. Perhaps I am wrong and they aren't, but if they are then the seleucid and julii ones are switched I think. I can't look at more tomorrow, I'm at my parents house and don't have RTW or EB on this computer.

Edit: I'm sure everything will work right in the patch. No use worrying you guys about something thats prolly already going to be fixed anyway.

Malrubius
01-22-2006, 18:51
Yes, they have been changed into victory movies, but they are named according to our culture swap. When "romans_julii" (Arche Seleukeia) wins, you should see the julii_eliminated.wmv. Of the top of my head, I can't tell you why the names are culture-swapped, but it's probably due to hard-coded limitations.

LordElrond
01-23-2006, 03:10
Alright I understand. Thanks for the clarification.

Epistolary Richard
01-23-2006, 03:22
Yes, it's all to do with a bizarre bit of hardcoded referencing. If you're defeated it hard_refers to julii_eliminated.wmv - however if the AI Julii are defeated it refers to the route in descr_event_images, which we've changed. Go figure. :shrug:

LordElrond
01-23-2006, 03:31
If I understand that correctly, it means that there are errors involved with the loss messages? Depending on whether the ai or the player controls them?

Edit: I hope MTW 2 is more flexible with its coding limitations.