PDA

View Full Version : Chivalry: Total War announcement: A new leadership

alpaca
01-22-2006, 13:38
Hello everybody,
As most of you will know already, our leader Adherbal resigned from Chivalry: Total War two days ago.
This action left us all very sad and more than a little shocked - but it also brought major cataclysms (how I love the word :cool: ) to this mod. In this announcement I want to convey some of the decisions we made during the last days to you, our loyal fans and all those who eagerly await our release.

Leadership

The first point I want to talk about (and the one most likely to provoke speculation) is the issue of leadership.
After a few private discussions in the developer forums, we settled on a co-leadership system that you probably know from mods like R:TR, which means that two people will share the rights and responsibilites that accompany leadership.
We decided to use such a system because it is more likely to succeed than a single-person leadership, that would face severe problems should the chief be demotivated or too busy to care much for modding.
Well, without further ado, I present you our new leading duo:

militiaman and alpaca (I know it's me and I like talking about me in third person :eyebrows:)

The Team

Of course, as always when people in important positions leave, this change will bring new ideas and different approaches to solving the problems of this team, and I hope we are going to do a good job. Rest assured that we will try our best.
In the following paragraphs I want to post a few other announcements that will already show you some effects of that change (and I hope to the good):

I am happy to welcome a few new members to the team, namely:
- Arakorn-Eir and Randarkmaan who will help us with the high-level stuff of the campaign map (regions, settlements, etc.)
- Hody who will help us with the campaign and hopefully create some building models for us
- Dark Fenrir, from Hegemonia: TW, who'll work on Bohemia and maybe a few other things
- IceTorque, the creator of WarMap, who will help us with the lower-level campaign map parts (heights, ground types, ...)

Public Beta

The probably most interesting point for the majority you will be our plans for the next beta.
I'd like to tell you anything specific on this, but we aren't sure about this ourselves yet. We will try to do what we planned for the early beta, and then release it.
This is, if it works well and we are able to find another coder who can help me with the scripts, etc. that we want to include.
If it doesn't work so well, we will probably release a less finished version, featuring large-scale multi-player battles but an unfinished campaign which will be playable but lack some distinct features.

Open Mod Policy

The last thing I want to communicate is that we will take a more open position towards cooperation with other mod teams than we did in the past. We will need to take all the help we can get if we want to finish this modification in due time.
So if any teams are interested in a cooperation, just write me or militiaman a PM and we'll discuss the matter in the dev forums.

This is it for today - wish us luck!

Monarch
01-22-2006, 13:53
Good to see your still carrying on with this :)

Good luck.

Epistolary Richard
01-23-2006, 02:27
Moved to Mod Discussion

This action left us all very sad and more than a little shocked - but it also brought major cataclysms
To quote a wise tv show "Whoever thought we'd need a plural for apocalypse?"

Very sad, but I understand the reasons why. Chivalry has been a major achievement within the RTW community and it will only become even greater as it continues to develop. It's been one of the first non-Rome period TC mod to have a multiplayer/custom release and Adherbal's energy and enthusiasm has been an example for all mod teams.

I am glad to hear that it has been left in the talented hands of alpaca and militiaman. This is one mod that truely deserves a full release. :bow: