PDA

View Full Version : Samurai On Sunday (the revival)

Shin-GaiJin
01-22-2006, 16:31
In an attempt to instill a bit more interest in the MP game I propose the rebirth of the popular S.O.S idea! Using 7pm GMT as the meet up time if you can find time to play at all then PLEASE make it on sunday:help: The more we get the better it will be
Please come along this sunday...free sex and beer for the first 10!!!

well actually theres neither but I couldnt come up with a gimmick to entice you.:laugh4: :laugh4: :laugh4:

ShinGaiJin

Tomisama
01-22-2006, 19:32
7:PM GMT (19:00 Hrs)

United States - New York 2:00 PM
United States - Illinois 1:00 PM
United States - Colorado 12:00 PM
United States - California 11:00 AM

(people from places in the world, understand GMT ~;p )

Kansuke
01-22-2006, 20:45
Hi,

Sounds good, there now.

Kans

Just A Girl
01-22-2006, 21:37
I play snooker most sundays,
But i will do my best.

Trajanus
01-24-2006, 10:10
Gah! thats 3AM on Monday for me. I'm never gonna manage this! ~:(

Shin-GaiJin
01-28-2006, 19:36
Hoping for a good turnout on the 29th (tomorrow) let the fun begin!:2thumbsup:

ShinGaiJin

Tomisama
01-29-2006, 19:01
I will try to be on time this week (but no guarantees). And hopefully be able to host.

For some reason the Fake Server never made a port request to my port manager software, so could not give the server access? So have turned on the DMZ gaming option of my router, which may work? I have no problems with other Total War games.

Hoping everyone has up to Map Pack 304. Just download and run the programs for both 303 and 304 , and select your main program folder (most likely C:\PROGRAM FILES\TOTAL WAR\SHOGUN - TOTAL WAR - WARLORD EDITION)

http://www.clanwarscomp.org/shogun/

Just A Girl
02-03-2006, 03:52
Hey tomi...
the full map pack is 20+ Mb.... And then theres an update as well. Although i dont know if it contains all the previous map pack maps as well.
"personally i just installed every map pack and have 400+ maps"

Btw
the ports needed for stw, Should be listed in the "STW Problems? read here 1st thread"
Located in the stw MP section.
I got the ports shogun uses from my fire wall. Which kindly tells me whats connected to where.
If you read the thread you should see that using DMZ is probably the best option though.

:focus:
This sunday I will Really try to be there for a game,
but sundays are the only day i leave the house in general lol.
Sure i go places at times, But sunday I can prety much Guarantee i wont be home.

its kind of my Day off...
I go play snooker and stuff.

But I will really try to show up this week.
:bow:

AggonyBetou
02-06-2006, 13:07
Had a nice 2vs2 yesterday:) great fun and i will do my best to show up more sundays and stay longer:D

Kansuke
02-13-2006, 09:42
Some nice 1v1 games, Thanks Betou!

Kans

Just A Girl
02-14-2006, 20:39
I was playing snoker till 4 am Sunday :(
Im missing out on games

AggonyBetou
02-14-2006, 21:37
My pleassure Kans! Ill practise some 4 the next time...;)

HiPlnzDrifta
02-18-2006, 10:40
G'day all,

i'll be logged on most of the time over the weekend so if insomnia is a problem or you're just hankering for some practice logon and see if i'm on yeah! already had some cool games with Raven and Kans... looking forward to seeing you all online!!

btw im in OZ...

Boromir Of Gondor
04-02-2006, 20:19
Oh, 8.15 GMT, not many samurai around :no:

Shin-GaiJin
04-16-2006, 13:17
Im up for some games tonight courtesy of R'as server PLEASE make time to join me there!!!!!!!!!

ShinGaiJin

Otto Otomo
05-24-2006, 21:33
Hi,
are there still some players in the foyer at sundays?? (or saterdays, or whenever when there is some sort of meeting-time) If there are some active persons I can be there this sunday.

Shin-GaiJin
05-25-2006, 18:01
As long as someones gonna be there then Ill show up. Im able to play in the week too, leave a message here if you fancy it :)

Oh the server has changed to R'as server, not sure if you are aware of this.

Look forward to some games

ShinGaiJin

Otto Otomo
05-25-2006, 18:51
Yes, I already changed to R'as server. I can play in the week too, but actually I've heard today that I am probably away most of the time on Sunday evening, I'm sorry for that. But any other time (Saterday neither because I'm out whole saterday always) I could be able to play.

Btw I can't host.

Drisos
05-25-2006, 21:38
Good to see you're still here Gaijin. :bow:

I heard Pao left.. :(

ShinIguana
01-01-2007, 19:00
Is this still happening? The old lizard needs some training before he can annoy the bears again (be prepared ye Canadian bear. Iggy is coming. Mwuhahaha). ~D

ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88
01-01-2007, 20:09
I can attend if I can get some help installing the fakeserver :) :)

R'as al Ghul
01-03-2007, 16:16
if I can get some help installing the fakeserver :) :)

What's the problem?
Which version of Shogun do you have?

Basically, you only need to change the content of internet.cfg with notepad.
You can also download the file here (http://www.die-hermetische-garage.de/Internet.cfg) (right-click, save-as).
Drop it into the main game folder, accept the overwrite.

R'as

AggonyBetou
01-05-2007, 13:34
So, are people still playing!! What time and day....:)

Don Corleone
01-06-2007, 02:30
If Drisos is still around, he will be thrilled...

I am ready to be lead to the sacraficial altar and be mauled. Provided, that is, that 1) somebody can help me figure out how to get online in MP (I have done it for MTW-VI) and 2) I can get one of my two optical drives working.

I've been having LOTS of issues with my CD-ROM drive and burner (the PC sees that something is there but wont' read anything off of them). Provided I can get the problems resolved, I would be most honored to get into the thick of it with you guys.

Drisos
01-06-2007, 10:26
I've not played in months! Gah! Time for some games again. I know there's plenty people who like STW MP and want to play it but we're just not getting together. Unite, peoples of middle earth! :balloon2:

I'll probably be online coming sunday for a very long time :beam: probably from late in the morning to late in the evening GMT. I'll be on msn. (adress is in profile)

btw, here's the most basic info on getting in the foyer;

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=63198&page=2

any problems? We can help. R'as and I have been doing lots of work and testing with servers, logging in etc... I had problems too but solved them eventually.

I look forward to some games, any other games I've been playing meanwhile aren't nearly as nice as shogun. ~;)

I could dig up some people here and there if there's intrest for games coming sunday ~:) perhaps you can find KamiiZumi and GaiJin somewhere, lizard? :P And Betou, could you ask Lion and Duckie? I bet Trajan would like to join us, perhaps Anskar, but he's very busy.. gah.. we'll see! ~:)

Shin-GaiJin
01-06-2007, 15:03
Glad I checked the forum now...yeah ok Ill make one,I suggest 6pm GMT sunday whaddya all think???

GaiJin

Don Corleone
01-07-2007, 03:45
Not looking good for me. Neither of my optical drives are working yet. ~:mecry: I've got a new one ordered (finally getting a DVD-RW). I think my CD-ROM and CD-RW/DVD-ROM got fried when my power supply went. :shrug: Anyway, we'll see about next Sunday. I don't get my new drive from NewEgg until Tuesday or Wednesday.

Drisos
01-07-2007, 13:26
6 PM GMT... is 7 PM for me I think. gah! Then I've been online about all day, and when I'm about to leave games begin. :no:

Perhaps I'll have an hour or two, we'll see.

I'm on msn now, ready to play games, btw.. so anyone? ~:) I'm not going in the foyer yet, I usually drop every 15 mins and logging in takes me lots of attempts, I'll log in if anyone wants to play, just post or shout on msn.~;)

Drisos
01-07-2007, 15:41
me and greyfox are playing games in the foyer... join us if you can! ~:)

sadly greyfox had to leave, so now it's just me! ~:) anyone? :book:

Jochi Khan
01-07-2007, 17:29
Nice to see some of the 'old faces' still around.

Hi GaiJin. :bow:

Happy you got your STW sorted on your new pc Drisos. :yes:

ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88
01-07-2007, 17:53
What's the problem?
Which version of Shogun do you have?

Basically, you only need to change the content of internet.cfg with notepad.
You can also download the file here (http://www.die-hermetische-garage.de/Internet.cfg) (right-click, save-as).
Drop it into the main game folder, accept the overwrite.

R'as

I got my orginal Copy of STW/STW:WE from 2000-2001. but I am using the Gold Edition STW/MI to play. Everytime I tried to edit it for gold Edition, the Mutiplayer option never shows up.

R'as al Ghul
01-07-2007, 18:54
They have removed the Multiplayer option in the gold version.
There's a workaround but I'd suggest installing the original game.

R'as

Drisos
01-10-2007, 16:36
Me and Malik were in the foyer an hour ago, but neither could host. Perhaps next week? :juggle2:

Trajanus
01-13-2007, 11:12
hey guys. Is SOS happening tomorrow?

I am ready for 7pm GMT if people are interested.

Shin-GaiJin
01-13-2007, 12:46
Ill be there, had a familly crisis last week and was unable to come along but will be sure to check in at 7pm this week.

GaiJin

Drisos
01-13-2007, 14:17
Hi Trajan, good to see you here! ~:)

Sadly I won't be available tomorrow. I will be available tonight though. 6 pm GMT onwards, I think. I'll be on msn, and checking this forum now and then. :balloon2: :book:

:egypt:

moomo
03-30-2007, 02:14
I skipped posting inhere although this might get MP somewhere. It was quit an effort reading all the threads... No, not all of them.:stupido2:

Very good idea with Shogun on Sunday. I cheerfully agree and subscribe.

Made a few games with Shin Gai-Jin, the first to listen my desperate calls for the pack. Hope to do some more.

I also propose "Shogun - contact list." as means to get intouch with people that want to play. Only 4 views so far...:wall: No posts.
Also the "available" Calendar is a good idea.

Drisos
03-31-2007, 13:48
Efforts to create such 'lists' and 'calendars' have failed a couple of times sadly :embarassed: it'd be nice if someone finally would get it running. :2thumbsup:

btw.. Hi GaiJin! :bow: nice to see you still here. I guess it's more 'quiet' then ever now? :shame: I'm looking forward to some games, I'm available now and then in the weekends. For instance today.. ~:)

moomo
04-02-2007, 01:53
I think the contact list is a good thing (especially in the long run) as long as there are players, willing to subscribe. The contact list + a schedule or calendar or, "I'm in the foyer" could work. It's really up to those who want to play.

I'm very disappointed: this week-end I couldn't be online because of connection problems: bad whether + radio modem = no connection.
Even more disturbing is that no one leaved any message. I was supposed to have some games in the week-end with a rather serious guy.

Maybe some other time. I'm more patient now understanding how people get intouch and that any new game for me it's likely to be a clear defeat.

Anyway this thread is about Shogun on Saturdays or Sundays, and this also can be a very good approach. If an GMT hour could be given by a number of people that will make anything possible to be in the foyer others will come. But if, as this things happen, the first time something l is scheduled and the basic 3-4 guys don't show up, then the hole project and others alike are depreciated.

Drisos
04-11-2007, 12:41
We used to have games on saturday on GMT evenings. (so for people in england, holland etc in the evening, for people in america early afternoon)

On sundays is seemed more busy, basically from GMT early afternoon til GMT late evening games were played mostly. ~:)

However, perhaps with the currect people that want to play other times would suit better? :book:

Kas
06-01-2007, 01:16
Ah! a nice topic to say hello to the old shoggies:yes:

Hullo!

~D

Togakure
06-01-2007, 01:59
Hello, my friend. It's always nice to see you here. I hope you and Michele are doing well. How's the golf game?

You are still at the top of my list to visit when I make my first trip to Europe. I imagine you know some decent Japanese restaurants that are open late--I imagine we'll have a lot to talk about.

All the best to you, and yours, always m8. I will not forget.

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/47Ronin/TogaColor.gif