PDA

View Full Version : Vassals

King Noob the Stupid
01-23-2006, 23:09
I wonder if it will be possible to make small/beaten up factions become your vassal, just like the protectorates in RTW... I don't know if it would be good or bad for the gameplay, but I think it would be somewhat historically accurate.

Templar Knight
01-23-2006, 23:10
Yea, and they could send you troops when you needed them

Martok
01-24-2006, 06:56
I really like this idea as well. Although as you pointed out, I have no idea how it would affect gameplay, or how difficult it would be to program and implement.

Dutch_guy
01-24-2006, 16:30
great Idea, do hope that if they incorporate it in MTW2 it will work better than in Rome.

Meaning that the protectorates still expand, build, tech-up instead of doing nothing they usually do in Rome.

They should also be your allies through and through, not siding with the enemy as soon as they can ( i.e. Rome ).

If those basic needs are put in the game, I'd be a happy man ~:)

:balloon2:

Hambut_bulge
01-24-2006, 18:21
In theory then, that would mean that England would have to start as a vassal of the French.

Ianofsmeg16
01-24-2006, 18:48
In theory then, that would mean that England would have to start as a vassal of the French.
NEVER!!! :knight:

:laugh4:

zakalwe
01-24-2006, 19:07
I'm a fan of expanding this idea too. Some factions that are a bit beat up could also ask to be your vassal to get themselves some protection. Just so you don't have to defeat a faction numerous times to force them to be your vassal.

eg - You are playing HRE. Byzantium has attacked through the balkans and has besieged Hungary in its last city. A hungarian diplomat arrives at your court promising to be your vassal if you attack Byzantium and lift the siege.

King Noob the Stupid
01-25-2006, 20:29
Hmh... I think vassals should help you with their troops, but if you have a low-influence king or the vassal has a powerful army he should try to get his full independence back, that would also be historycally correct.

Antiochius
01-25-2006, 20:31
It `s a good idea, but i hope they`ll make it more usefull than in RTW. In RTW, it was rather unnessesary than useful

King Henry V
01-25-2006, 22:21
Only if France itself is only constituted by the Ile de France and Orleans, the rest of the country being mere vassals of the Crown. Thus the player would only be able to recruit from those two tiny provinces.

Trajanus
01-26-2006, 08:27
Vassals would be a great idea!

The problem with Protectorates in RTW was that once they became your protectorate there wasn't really much you could do with them afterwards.

I want to see more options for intergration such as taxes, money requests, troop requests, making your vassal pay to establish trade routes with your cities etc. These things would benefit you and actually make vassals worthwhile.

But yeah if they get bigger with expansion then eventually they could get angry enough to rebel and try to break away.

sapi
01-26-2006, 08:56
Vassals would be a great idea!

The problem with Protectorates in RTW was that once they became your protectorate there wasn't really much you could do with them afterwards.

I want to see more options for intergration such as taxes, money requests, troop requests, making your vassal pay to establish trade routes with your cities etc. These things would benefit you and actually make vassals worthwhile.

But yeah if they get bigger with expansion then eventually they could get angry enough to rebel and try to break away.
/me prays for this

Dooz
01-26-2006, 13:17
Ah, unattainable dreams. Nice, eh?

Prince Cobra
01-26-2006, 18:20
Hmh... I think vassals should help you with their troops, but if you have a low-influence king or the vassal has a powerful army he should try to get his full independence back, that would also be historycally correct.

You can say that again! I agree. The vassals are very good idea!

A.Saturnus
01-26-2006, 21:59
It would be nice if you could dictate policies for your vassals like "attack faction X" or "hunt down enemy spies".

Orda Khan
01-28-2006, 03:10
Yea, and they could send you troops when you needed them
Very much so. This is what I wanted ages ago, for alliances etc to be realistic

......Orda