PDA

View Full Version : What faction are you most looking forward to play as in Campaign?

King Ragnar
01-23-2006, 23:44
So tell me, i cant wait to play as teh HRE, they were always one of my favourites in MTW, with there teutonic knights and foot soldiers etc, they just plain kicked ass. I was also a fan of the Byzantiums and the Vangarian Guards.:2thumbsup:

Templar Knight
01-23-2006, 23:46
England, smashing Scotland and then taking control of the British isles, build up an effective navy and then go from there.

Then I'll go Scotland and do the same.

The_Doctor
01-23-2006, 23:50
SCOTLAND!!!
I like hopeless causes.

Venice and Milan. Again hopeless causes.

And Portugal.

alman7272
01-23-2006, 23:51
The only faction I beat MTW with was Spain, so I'll play them plus I did have lots of fun playing with Sicily and Aragon in the original game (modded in), but not so much in VI.

King Noob the Stupid
01-23-2006, 23:57
(If I'm able to play he game on may machine) I think I'll play Portugal first, I like hopeless 1-provs.

The_Doctor
01-24-2006, 00:01
I like hopeless 1-provs

In a dream I had portugal had four provinces. Three along the cost and one triangle-shaped inland province.

boastj
01-24-2006, 00:14
as im English ill be England and invade france

Ash
01-24-2006, 00:18
England. Crushing France and seizing western Europe! Although I don't know how it will work out in MTW2.

doc_bean
01-24-2006, 00:19
Turkey, I just hope they expand the map to the east enough to make it seem more the big country it was/is.

Of course, If they include Flanders I'll play that first ~;)

scotchedpommes
01-24-2006, 00:32
Hungary. [Altered the original game shortly after my first few campaigns so as
to make them playable.] Assuming there is no chance of Balkan factions being
included, I will quite happily use them to exert some influence over those
troublesome Croats. ~:)

zakalwe
01-24-2006, 01:02
Scotland and i can't wait :)

Favre
01-24-2006, 01:05
Mongols!

Justiciar
01-24-2006, 01:12
Byzantium ftw. After that I'd play as Denmark or Scotland.. kick the Norman scum out of England. :2thumbsup:

And then I'll assert papist rule over ze world! Buahahahaha!

KukriKhan
01-24-2006, 01:14
Wnat to see my Aztec warriors marching down the streets of Rome, London, Paris & Moscow. :)

Ignoramus
01-24-2006, 01:18
France. I only hope they don't give all France to France, as the French kings had little influence in France at the start of the game.

lancelot
01-24-2006, 01:22
Byzantium, England and then....HRE probably

TinCow
01-24-2006, 01:42
England and HRE.

pyradyn
01-24-2006, 05:13
The first Riech of course. Get the pope to like me then turn on him with Milan support if not Veince too. Then rig elections. Then i will play as the Russians. A nice populated Steppe will be kool. Attacking into Poland and moving down into Asia Minor. The Boyars will rise agian

Basileus
01-24-2006, 05:28
I mostly played France and Byzantium in MTW i´ll propably do the same with MTW2, it was always fun with the muslim factions though and as usual any faction that needs to be unlocked i played :D

Reenk Roink
01-24-2006, 05:29
Italian factions, Byzantines, and factions in Spain (both christian and muslim).

Perplexed
01-24-2006, 05:48
As I always did in MTW, I'll probably play as the underdog (Scotland, Denmark, Milan, Portugal, etc.). Fun stuff.

Salazar
01-24-2006, 06:07
I absolutely prefer 1 prov civs, they are more challenging AND: i always want everything in my empire to be ordered and organized, which is much easier if you build your empire from ground up.
So probably, Portugal, denmark. Though i'll definitely try Turks (they've got the coolest units and the most balanced military by far imho. At least in mtw 1) and hre (i come from there, so i think i should have played them once at least.

NodachiSam
01-24-2006, 06:17
Byzantine, Danes, HRE... but I'll try most if not all.

Martok
01-24-2006, 06:49
What a cruel question to ask! :furious3: There's so many, I can't possibly pick just one! So here's a list instead (and in no particular order):

Scots
English
French
Egyptians
Timurids
Byzantines
HRE
Danes
Castille-Leon (I refuse to refer to them as the "Spanish"; ugh)

sapi
01-24-2006, 08:31
Mainly the Byzantines and the Italians

Trajanus
01-24-2006, 09:16
Do we have a full faction list yet?

I will try England first and then move onto something more exotic like the Egyptians I think.

x-dANGEr
01-24-2006, 09:16
Moors, invade Spain reaching western Europe.

Weebeast
01-24-2006, 09:18
I'd love to play as the Mongols and do something they didn't finish before.

Mount Suribachi
01-24-2006, 10:33
Duh, England of course!

The real question is "do I crush France or Scotland first?"

Always a tough one that ~:)

Lazul
01-24-2006, 10:42
Sweden!... damn CA if Sweden isnt in!

... couse its not logical that only Denmark is up there in the north. Its not like everything above Denmark was a frozen wasteland.

Trajanus
01-24-2006, 11:51
Really, I always assumed it was! :P

This arguement always springs up around new games when some countries aren't included and others are etc.

But at the end of the day they have to draw the line somewhere. Not 100% sure why they included Scotland though, seems a little pointless them having 1 prov on an island next to hostile England.

Monarch
01-24-2006, 12:17
I'm looking forward to 'uniting' (how noble am I?) Europe with the English.

(That's if the game works on my pc :))

VikingHorde
01-24-2006, 12:42
The Danes and Byzantines, my fav. factions ~:)

zakalwe
01-24-2006, 13:33
''Not 100% sure why they included Scotland though, seems a little pointless them having 1 prov on an island next to hostile England.''

Mind you we don't know how many provinces they will have.

I'd prefer they started with 2 or 3

Central/North East Scotland - the heart of Alba
The south-west - Strathclyde/Cumbria
The south-east - Borders/ Lothian

Also, a strong rebel province of the Sudreyjar, Caithness/Sutherland and Orkney to represent the Norse presence

impar
01-24-2006, 14:14
Greetings!

"There will be 21 playable factions for custom battle and multiplayer. England, France, Scotland, Holy Roman Empire, Denmark, Spain, Portugal, Milan, Venice, Papal States, Sicily, Poland, Russia, Hungary, Byzantium, The Turks, Egypt, The Moors, The Mongols, The Tumurids, The Aztecs.
The final lineup of playable factions is still to be decided,..."
in, http://pc.ign.com/articles/682/682437p2.html

First play as Byzantine, to smooth the transition from RTW to M2TW. Then as Portugal.

Subedei
01-24-2006, 14:23
Hungary, Byzantium, The Turks, Egypt (if Mamluks), The Mongols, The Tumurids...

Gues who loves cav units?!?!

Dutch_guy
01-24-2006, 16:24
English first and for my second campaign the Italians.

:balloon2:

boastj
01-24-2006, 16:27
Um Trajanus Scotland’s not an island its attached to England

RemusAvenged
01-24-2006, 17:53
Aztecs!!!

King Ragnar
01-24-2006, 17:54
He ment one province on the whole British Isles lol.

Leet Eriksson
01-24-2006, 18:46
In no particular order:

Danes: Becuase they have vikings ~;p

Egyptians: Heavy horse archers like the mamelukes, coupled with oddball units like Nizari, Nubians, Abyssinian Guard and Ghazi infantry.

Byzantines: Jack of all trades faction, good at all, master of none.

Mongols:All horse armies with a few foot units as support = winner formula.

Moors: AUM!

British: Becuase of the unique local units found in ireland and scotland and of course longbows.

considering the units remain intact.. yeah this will be it. But if the units are given a complete facelift, namechange, discription or function change then i'll reconsider.

A.Saturnus
01-24-2006, 19:48
Egypt. I want my nizari back!

But the Italian cities sound interesting too. And Mongols of course.
In MTW I also liked to play Hungary.

Antiochius
01-24-2006, 20:01
HRE of course, but also the Italian factions and England

Rodion Romanovich
01-24-2006, 20:18
I'm looking forward to 'uniting' (how noble am I?) Europe with the English.

(That's if the game works on my pc :))

unite - gah! I liberate! Maybe I should liberate the English first as the French? :2thumbsup:

Seriously I think France would be an interesting first campaign. Not too long after 1080 they are supposed to send crusades to the holy land if they are to be playing historically, and then they also have England and the HRE to worry about, although mostly defensively... After I'm satisfied in the holy land there's however nothing stopping me from changing history and conq... :idea2: ahem liberating England...

Martok
01-24-2006, 20:29
But at the end of the day they have to draw the line somewhere. Not 100% sure why they included Scotland though, seems a little pointless them having 1 prov on an island next to hostile England.

I have a hunch the Scots were included because a lot of people (myself included) have sort of soft spot for them. (It's amazing what the movie Braveheart accomplished! ~D ) Of all the factions that were missed in the original MTW, I have a feeling the Scots were very near--if not at--the top of the list. Also, a slightly more cynical reason could be that since CA is based in the UK, it was probably somewhat easier to research the Scots than it was for more exotic factions; and they just felt like being lazy. [runs away before anyone from CA can land a blow] ~;p

Justiciar
01-24-2006, 20:55
Maybe I should liberate the English first as the French?One French oppressor to another? Gah! :dizzy2:

Vladimir
01-24-2006, 22:37
Everyone except the French! Mostly the Spanish and Venice though. I love Iberia and Italy.

Mount Suribachi
01-24-2006, 23:02
. Not 100% sure why they included Scotland though, seems a little pointless them having 1 prov on an island next to hostile England.

Because before MTW came out the scots whined incessantly about how Scotland wasn't a playable faction ~;)

Now, given the limited number of playable factions in MTW (especially pre-VI) it was actually quite hard to make a convincing argument as to why Scotland should be included over another faction. It was bad enough as it was with no Milan/Venice/Genoa, just a generic Italy :no:

Now with 21 factions, its easier to squeeze Scotland in, though truth be known, I would still put Genoa in ahead of them. But I think marketing and demographics plays into it. They'll probly sell a lot more copies of MTW2 in Scotland than in Genoa.

Rilder
01-24-2006, 23:10
I'l play as any of the Non christian factions first and turn every european into a non christian :evil:

Samurai Waki
01-24-2006, 23:20
Why the Danes of Course! ...or Moors.

drone
01-24-2006, 23:34
Danes: Becuase they have vikings ~;p

And huscarles. Something inherently satisfying in taking a low tech "barbarian" culture and annihilating the civilized pansies.
:viking: :viking: :viking: :viking: :viking: :viking: :viking:

Katana
01-25-2006, 03:04
French, HRE and Byzantium all seem interesting to me, though I might try a Muslim faction my first game. If I was HRE I would definitley try to install a puppet pope, just to see if I could do what Charles XIII couldn't.

Zain
01-25-2006, 03:31
Scotland!!! I love Braveheart :smile:

-ZainDustin

"Every man dies, but not every man really lives." -William Wallace

Craterus
01-25-2006, 23:23
I usually pick a random faction to be first campaign.

*dramatic music* *drum roll*

And the winner is... Poland!

AggonyDuck
01-25-2006, 23:42
Propably Poland, due to the interesting position and a varying opposition of both eastern and western factions....:2thumbsup:

kataphraktoi
01-26-2006, 07:48
Byzantium:
repair the damage done at Manzikert and save Europe from the tide of Islam, blah, blah, blah that kind of rhetorical stuff in those days.

Timurids: Tamerlane, sword of Islam. Well I'll turn it against fellow Islamic states too but they started it first!! Its not fair!! (crys)

Sicilians:
Your dad's dad and his dad were the northmen scourge, now u can be the scourge of the mediterranean sea by annoying the HRE, the Byzantines, the Papists and the North African Emirates, plus join the Crusades. See the world, save the Christians, butcher them too then pray with bloodied hands in thanksgiving, etc, etc.

France:
Avenge English insults on the .org 990 years later by building a strong kingdom then invading England for the fun of it. Then wait for the 100 years war.

Russians:
There seems to be no threat from the East, lets split Kievan Rus into a jigsaw and fight against ourselves! Hooray! Vodka for everyone...

Martok
01-26-2006, 09:59
France:
Avenge English insults on the .org 990 years later by building a strong kingdom then invading England for the fun of it. Then wait for the 100 years war.

Russians:
There seems to be no threat from the East, lets split Kievan Rus into a jigsaw and fight against ourselves! Hooray! Vodka for everyone...

LOL!! :laugh4: :laugh4: :laugh4:

Kataphraktoi, let it never be said that you don't possess a fine sense of humor. :bow:

Prince Cobra
01-26-2006, 18:06
I like to play as the Byzantines- this is the genuine empire ( although a friend of mine says the real empire is the HRE- their army and so on, but Byzantium is the heir of Rome after all!:book: ). The other faction I would like to play as is the Bulgarians (my people :2thumbsup: ) as I mentioned in one of my posts.

Sardo
01-26-2006, 18:18
I'll probably start out the same way I started in MTW - on English soil. I'm not sure of the direction I'll take, though. I might try and establish some sort of North Sea-based empire, Britain, Flanders, Friesland, perhaps Scandinavia, that sort of thing - not bother too much with continental politics. But then, I had wanted to do just that in my current English campaign, before the continent sucked me in anyway. Then I lost both England and France, and conquered Spain instead.
As long as MIITW campaigns will be as interesting as that, it won't really matter which faction I'm playing.

caio giulio
01-26-2006, 19:44
Turks!! In Medieval was my favourite faction!!!!

Divine Wind
01-26-2006, 19:52
The Mongol horde of course!!

Head soup for din dins!

GAH!

Cowhead418
01-27-2006, 00:39
Ahhh! Another game already! I've still only tried out about six or seven factions in the original MTW, have just recently bought STW, and still have yet to play RTW. Where's the time to enjoy them all?:dizzy2: I usually plan on trying out every faction but I have to say I'm excited about the Scots, Portuguese (just something about them I like) and the Moors.

derF
01-27-2006, 01:18
Restoring the glory of the Roman Empire: Byzantium all the way!

Justiciar
01-27-2006, 03:14
Then wait for the 100 years war. This raises a question...
How will the HYW acctually happen anyway? All it takes is for William Rufus to beget a child, or Robert to beat Henry to the throne and you've instantly avoided most of the conflict. It could essentially be there in the form of England not wanting to pay for Normandy, but without the key events happening (which could easily be avoided in your campaigns) there would be no Edward III to give England it's initial success, without which it simply wouldn't have happened (at least not in any recognisable way).

raistlin_c
01-27-2006, 03:55
I'll choose factions with 1 or 2 provinces because its easier to manage and organize. Besides, I like the hopeless cause. So i think I'll play as Scotland ro Milan and go to smash other bigger factions like HRE, England or maybe the Pope himself. :laugh4:

AntiochusIII
01-27-2006, 05:39
*Raises the Imperial purple banner*

Call forth the Cataphracts! The Empire shall be restored! The World shall bow to the rightful authority of God's Vizier on Earth, me! :knight:

*Takes over Milan*

Wait a minute, I am no emperor, I am...the Duke of Milan! Come, you barbarian Germans, and the descendants of Romans shall crush you for your crimes centuries past! Italians are the only true Romans there are!

*Marches north across the Alps with the pope's authority, crowns himself Emperor*

There is but one rightful Roman Empire and that is the Holy Roman Empire! I shall dominate Europe and restore Charlemagne's legacy!

*Invades France, sacks Paris*

But wait -- the true heirs of Charlemagne...are not the Eastern ones, but the West, the French! Hold upon your Fleur-de-lis with pride, men of France, and see to it that God's glory be achieved!

*Sails West, across the ocean*

Nah...

magnum
01-27-2006, 16:35
First? Has to be the Turks, as they were my favorites in MTW.

After that, both Hungary and HRE will probably be fun, but a lot depends on unit selection and starting position. I'm sure I'll play em all eventually. :2thumbsup:

The historian
01-27-2006, 22:14
Aince i can't play wallachia not in the game~:mecry: though maybe they'll appear in the 1300's:2thumbsup: ,Byzantium and take the aztecs on after restoring the empire.Also all hopless 1 province country's around.

cunobelinus
01-27-2006, 22:42
scotland i want to be scotland because i wanted to be ireland but if they arent included thats as close as im ganna get

Orda Khan
01-28-2006, 02:44
Obviously it will be the Mongols. I only hope that CA do a better job than they did with the Golden Horde in MTW

....Orda

Akka
01-28-2006, 14:00
Restoring the glory of the Roman Empire: Byzantium all the way!
What he said.

And also, restoring the glory of the Frankish Empire of Charlemagnes, too :D

Byzantium and France rejoice !

Midnight
01-28-2006, 16:33
I'll probably start with somewhere small like Scotland, and move on to the bigger ones (Byz, HRE) as I grow more used to the game.

Or I'll just randomly pick one and swing with it!

Craterus
01-28-2006, 23:05
Or I'll just randomly pick one and swing with it!

That's what I always do.

By the way, Poland will be my first campaign.

In answer to the actual topic question, I look forward to playing as the Danes.

freebard
01-29-2006, 13:44
Cause of I'm a Turk, my favourite is Turks of course. I'm looking forward to control my warmachine janissaries and elite spahis on the battlefield. I can hear the drums of the Mehter Band from now. Yes, yes... it will be an amazing sight while besieging Constantinopol. After I'd conqured all Europe I think I'll try
Scots, forgive me my English friends but Scots will be victorious that time.hehehe

Ibn Munqidh
01-29-2006, 14:14
Egypt (cant wait to try out those mamluks!), after that, the Turks, then probably England, HRE, and Spain, and maybe a bit of Byzantium, just for the challenge.

z2ei
01-29-2006, 15:37
Probably one of the Islamic factions first. I've always been one for the more mobile style of warfare.

Then Portugal, because I managed to take over half the globe in one Crusade in MTW. That, and I have this thing for hopeless, outnumbered factions.

tutankamon
01-29-2006, 15:47
Defnatly the Danes but also the byzantines and the Germans and all the Arab nations

Martok
01-29-2006, 20:43
Probably one of the Islamic factions first. I've always been one for the more mobile style of warfare.

As long as the Muslim factions have some more beefed-up units, and/or their mounted missile units can manage themselves this time around, I'll be very happy! The Egyptians are my 2nd favorite faction in MTW, but it really sucks having to baby-sit my horse archers all the time. I rarely play the Turks at all, just because managing that many horse archers would drive me stark raving mad.... :dizzy2:

Then Portugal, because I managed to take over half the globe in one Crusade in MTW. That, and I have this thing for hopeless, outnumbered factions.

Holy crap! ~:eek: How on earth did you manage that?? I've been able to destroy an entire faction with just one Crusade (especially if I'm the Spanish taking out the Almos), but I don't think I've ever conquered more than 5-8 provinces with a single Crusade/Jihad army. What was your Crusade's target province, anyway?

Incongruous
01-30-2006, 02:09
Well I will play as England, get one of my heirs to marry a Scottish princess thus re-enthuse the House of Wessex in the English Blood Royal. Then I'll promptly smash the in-laws (hey what a great meet the parents story) conquering all of Britain. Friesland will have to be after that. From there EUROPA.

As the Magyars I will again bring the fearsome bowed to the soft bellied Electors.

pyradyn
01-30-2006, 03:21
I really hope a Pagan faction other than Mongols are in like Liths or Cumans. If so I will play as them and make Charlemages heirs pay for their crimes agianst pagan blood. Besides it was his fault the Viking Invasions occured. Now really did you think attacking the Saxon Pagans and cutting down the sacred tree would go with out punishment. Our allies in the north will avenge us. as they saying goes "When charlamage attacked Saxony and gave the people the option to convert to christanity or die every true saxon died that day"

Incongruous
01-30-2006, 05:26
Hey dont forget us over in England!

z2ei
01-30-2006, 07:25
As long as the Muslim factions have some more beefed-up units, and/or their mounted missile units can manage themselves this time around, I'll be very happy! The Egyptians are my 2nd favorite faction in MTW, but it really sucks having to baby-sit my horse archers all the time. I rarely play the Turks at all, just because managing that many horse archers would drive me stark raving mad.... :dizzy2:

At least Rome's engine has skirmish mode, so the HA's aren't so bad to manage.

Holy crap! ~:eek: How on earth did you manage that?? I've been able to destroy an entire faction with just one Crusade (especially if I'm the Spanish taking out the Almos), but I don't think I've ever conquered more than 5-8 provinces with a single Crusade/Jihad army. What was your Crusade's target province, anyway?

Pure luck, pretty much.

I'm playing the XL mod, so my map's a bit different.

I'd wanted to stomp the Almohads out of Spain, so I set my Crusade marker to Morocco. I wanted them stopped, but still remaining as a buffer between me and the Egyptians. I conquered a couple of provinces to the south, but not Grenada. For some reason, it let me go north instead of south, so I wound up going through France, Italy, and the Byzantines, gathering men all the way. Finally wound up in Turkey, and managed to crush the Turks and Egyptians before making my way to Morocco.

That was insane. o_o

Gen_Lee
01-30-2006, 11:32
Portugal.

Duke Malcolm
01-30-2006, 11:48
England, smashing Scotland and then taking control of the British isles, build up an effective navy and then go from there.

Then I'll go Scotland and do the same.

Mwahaha, exactly what I want to do!

Dark_Magician
01-30-2006, 12:59
Wnat to see my Aztec warriors marching down the streets of Rome, London, Paris & Moscow. :)

You'd have to wait until some 1250 the date of founding of Moscow

Prince Cobra
01-31-2006, 12:32
I'm looking forward to control my warmachine janissaries and elite spahis on the battlefield. I can hear the drums of the Mehter Band from now. Yes, yes... it will be an amazing sight while besieging Constantinopol.
Well, in my opinion besieging Constantinople won't be amazing sight:laugh4:
Why? Look my favourite factions above~;)

mfberg
01-31-2006, 20:43
I will start out playing the Byzantine to get the feel, and then complete my first game as the Huns.

mfberg

Silver Rusher
01-31-2006, 21:37
Any Italian faction. They were easily my favourite factions to play in MTW (I love going around colonising the mediterrannean), especially the Sicilians. I would like to see the Sicilians in this new game, and I am very much looking forward to trying out my colonisation with the RTW movement system.

EDIT:

and then complete my first game as the Huns.
Huns? Surely you must mean Mongols.

Martok
01-31-2006, 21:55
Huns? Surely you must mean Mongols.

I believe he meant the Hungarians. Those of us who've played the original MTW often refer to them as the Huns, just like we often refer to the Almohads as the Elmos. ~;)

Anti-hero
02-01-2006, 01:39
... couse its not logical that only Denmark is up there in the north. Its not like everything above Denmark was a frozen wasteland.

Amen, brother. :shakehands:

I would first play with the smallest and weakes faction I can find. I get more attached to such factions than I do to great powers. Then I would try something from East and Central Europe (if my first choice hadn't been there). Probably Poland or some Russian state. I'll definetly try out the Tartars as well...

Anti-hero
02-01-2006, 01:40

I would first play with the smallest and weakes faction I can find. I get more attached to such factions than I do to great powers. Then I would try something from East and Central Europe (if my first choice hadn't been there). Probably Poland or some Russian state. I'll definetly try out the Tartars as well...

Anti-hero
02-01-2006, 01:40

King Yngvar
02-01-2006, 12:05
couse its not logical that only Denmark is up there in the north. Its not like everything above Denmark was a frozen wasteland.

That's right! Give me Norway to play with :wall:

Antiochius
02-01-2006, 17:17
That's right! Give me Norway to play with :wall:
If there will be a nation above Denmark than Sweden

Cesare diBorja
02-01-2006, 22:10
I want to play the French......or the Seljuk Turks. I want this game to be a real winner. I am quite excited!

:dizzy2:

diBorgia

King Yngvar
02-02-2006, 06:57

Where do you get that information from? Do you know something about the remaining 9 factions we heard about or are you just making assumptions based on nothing?

Zalmoxis
02-02-2006, 06:57
Think Romania's gonna be there?

ByzantineKnight
07-07-2006, 02:36
I wanna play the Byzantine Empire!!

IrishArmenian
07-07-2006, 02:50
I want to play as Russia first, as they are the mix of Eastern and Western Tactics and the are the closest to Armenia (or the Byzantines, but they are more greek). Then will play Scotland because I wanted to play as Eire, but they are not in game.

Alien_Tortoise2345
07-07-2006, 04:38
The Byzantines because I wanna see if I can turn back the Turkish tide.

Tyranus
07-07-2006, 04:38
Probably England, I cant wait to see all the knights and longbowen in the new game, the graphics look awesome, I cant wait untill it comes out, ill probably get it the first day it come out.

Anthony Cecil Hogmanay Melchett
07-07-2006, 10:58
France, I think.

It'll be a good test of the diplomacy/campaign AI, see how much of an improvment there's been. An early alliance between France and Scotland is going to be strategically crucial for the Scottish and a very good idea for the French, so if the AI can't keep that alliance it'll certainly be telling.

Shark974
07-07-2006, 22:38
Timurids
Venice
Ottomans
Byzantines
all the others

The Wizard
07-07-2006, 23:07
Mongols, Byzantines, Holy Roman Empire, Venice.

Gorky
07-08-2006, 01:49
Hungary

Randarkmaan
07-09-2006, 22:13
Egypt I think, going to succed where they failed ie. wrestling control of the sea back from those money-driven Italians, stop the Mongols before they cripple Islamic civilization and colonize the Americas(as a bonus).
Or... I will be the French and go crusading! Or I'll play as the Turks and conquer all of Europe.

Alien_Tortoise2345
07-09-2006, 22:14

I disagree because Denmark at the time controlled Sweden, Norway and Finland as part of the Kalmar Union.

Alien_Tortoise2345
07-09-2006, 22:17
Oh sorry actually I have researched more and this actually did not happen until 1397 (lasted until 1521). Sorry! Yes maybe include them.

Sun Tzui
07-09-2006, 22:34
it's got to be PORTUGAL!!!!

:2thumbsup:

Ituralde
07-14-2006, 17:20
I'm really looking forward to playing the Venetians. First off, because I really like Venice, as a city, and also the Venetian Republic and their history in general. In the game it's also the challenge of having a small kingdom, which does not have many avenues of expansion, being surrounded by Milan, Papacy, Hungary, HRE, Sicily, Byzantium. You have to be really careful and build up your economy with great care. Merchants fit perfectly into their style of play and I'm really looking forward to try to dominate the world financially instead of militarily.
It also gives me the opportunity to rectify some of the faults the Serenissima made, concentrating immedieatelly on the New World and not allowing some Spanish or Portugese to claim naval supremacy over my Venetian navies.

Cheers!

Ituralde

kataphraktoi
07-15-2006, 15:02
If MTR: AOA (starting date 1054) is up and running next year :laugh4:

1) Duchy of Normandy - Turn William the Bastard into King William the royal b...I mean Conqueror.

2) Normans of Sicily - Turn Robert Guiscard from an adventurer to a Duke and fight the Holy Roman Empire and Byzantine EMpire as well as Muslim Emirate in Sicily.

3) Byzantine Empire, empire stretching from Italy to Armenia but with a weak weak army, practically defenseless...

4) Venice, build a nice chain of port enclaves and start trading baby!!

5) Turkish Sultanate, unite the Muslim World under the Seljuk banner

6) Danes, regardless of Christianity, start raiding and pillaging neighbours indiscriminately :2thumbsup:

kataphraktoi
07-15-2006, 15:05
If MTR: AOA (starting date 1054) is up and running next year :laugh4:

1) Duchy of Normandy - Turn William the Bastard into King William the royal b...I mean Conqueror.

2) Normans of Sicily - Turn Robert Guiscard from an adventurer to a Duke and fight the Holy Roman Empire and Byzantine EMpire as well as Muslim Emirate in Sicily.

3) Byzantine Empire, empire stretching from Italy to Armenia but with a weak weak army, practically defenseless...

4) Venice, build a nice chain of port enclaves and start trading baby!!

5) Turkish Sultanate, unite the Muslim World under the Seljuk banner

6) Danes, regardless of Christianity, start raiding and pillaging neighbours indiscriminately :2thumbsup: