PDA

View Full Version : Assassin movies.

Shottie
01-25-2006, 05:01
I can't believe all the STW fans havn't noticed or posted about this before. I really injoyed those in STW, nothing like sending an assassin out and being able to sit and watch his kill! I read about some people asking for this in the next TW game, maybe CA is reading and listening to our suggestions *hint*hint*

Charge assassins to wipe out enemy generals and witness their cold-hearted killing first-hand with assassination movie sequences.

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=59982

Quietus
01-25-2006, 05:41
Someone already noticed it though. A welcome return to the atmospheric assassination videos.

sapi
01-25-2006, 08:25
Great!

Dragon20
01-25-2006, 12:00
I hope they will make short inquisition movies too. :hide:

Brutus
01-25-2006, 12:59
I hope they will make short inquisition movies too. :hide:
http://www.spikemilligan.co.uk/mediac/400_0/media/DIR_66313/DIR_176541/inquis1.jpg
Bring in the nuns! ~D

R'as al Ghul
01-25-2006, 13:22
I can't believe all the STW fans havn't noticed or posted about this before. I really injoyed those in STW, nothing like sending an assassin out and being able to sit and watch his kill! I read about some people asking for this in the next TW game, maybe CA is reading and listening to our suggestions *hint*hint*

Excellent!!! :elephant: :elephant:

Now all we need is a Shogun mod....:wink:

Dutch_guy
01-25-2006, 13:38
Brought this up in another thread, though I have no idea what to expect since I have never played Shogun...

Hope to be pleasantly surprised.

:balloon2:

Mooks
01-25-2006, 13:42
Inqusitions movies? You obvliosly haven't read about the spanish inqusitin...most of those people were innocent of heresy.

caio giulio
01-25-2006, 14:14

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=59982

I notice!! I'm very glad of that!!!

Dragon20
01-25-2006, 14:55
Inqusitions movies? You obvliosly haven't read about the spanish inqusitin...most of those people were innocent of heresy.
I know, I was just joking.
I said that because inquisitors and assassins are about the same (both kill people).

Kraxis
01-25-2006, 15:16
I thought it was wellknown... Ah well.

King Henry V
01-25-2006, 17:52
http://www.spikemilligan.co.uk/mediac/400_0/media/DIR_66313/DIR_176541/inquis1.jpg
Bring in the nuns! ~D
Ah Torquemada, Torquemada...you can't talk 'im outta anything....

GoreBag
01-26-2006, 08:34
This is one of the highlights of the press release for me. I'm super exicted to see those movies again.

Trajanus
01-26-2006, 08:38
I hope they dont just keep it for assassinations. They could branch out a bit like they did in ol' Shoggie with new faction leaders, Gaijin traders landing, etc.

I would like to see some diversity for this because back in ol' Shoggie days I loved watching these little movies.

Kraxis
01-26-2006, 14:18
I think you are confusing it with the throneroom. But that was real nice too. It was lovely to have an emmisary visit or even better that haughty, arrogant Portuguese captain.
There was even those movies of a disgraced general or one that couldn't escape capture.

Helgi
01-26-2006, 18:49
Bring in the nuns! ~D

Oh Yeah:idea2:

Oaty
01-27-2006, 03:26
There was even those movies of a disgraced general or one that couldn't escape capture.

Nothing like forcing a general to lose ~5 times in a row to watch him personally kill himself. Anyone want to be a general under my empire?

Anyways daimyos were immune to this. Was chasing a diamyo all over the map at -4 command stars. I was so used to his army routing at the sight of mine but one battle he actualy maintained enough morale to engage. I tried my hardest not to kill him but some scmuck ripped him off his horse.

Susanne
01-28-2006, 03:07
Charge assassins to wipe out enemy generals and witness their cold-hearted killing first-hand with assassination movie sequences.

YAY! :2thumbsup:

AntiochusIII
01-28-2006, 03:15
I noticed. It was a very, very welcome return. Thank you, CA! :2thumbsup:

Now, to branch out those little movies to some other fun events, or better yet, restore The Throne Room with unique faction looks! :yes:

That would be soooo...atmospheric, the way that the finest 3D battle engines can't do. Ever.

jadast
01-28-2006, 04:00
How long until these movies just become tedious?

econ21
01-28-2006, 12:23

Never, at least in my experience of Shogun. Partly, they were just really well done. But also, they were rather clever (or I was rather thick) because they began in the same way and yet the ending was different depending on the result. So you never knew whether you had succeeded in your mission until right at the end.

But then again, I did not use ninjas much and dreaded the coming of a movie as my poor emissary tried to do something useful with his (short) life .

Ironside
01-28-2006, 12:58
Never, at least in my experience of Shogun. Partly, they were just really well done. But also, they were rather clever (or I was rather thick) because they began in the same way and yet the ending was different depending on the result. So you never knew whether you had succeeded in your mission until right at the end.

I'm quite certain that one of the ninja vs geisha videos were always getting the same result.
The one were she hides in plain view by the wall.

Rodion Romanovich
01-28-2006, 13:44

How about a movie showing a "trial" where the "guilty" is somehow always found guilty of all of the following?
- heresy
- sodomy
- sacrilege
- pagan rituals
- witchcraft
- treason
- theft
- murder
- adultery
- greed
- lust
- wrath
- and worst of all: playing card games :2thumbsup:

Oaty
01-28-2006, 22:50

Theres a file called pregerence.txt in MTW2

Anyways you could always cancel out of the videos in STW

The most tedious part was making sure I saw them all

Forward Observer
01-29-2006, 01:53
It would probably be too much to ask, but a neat alternative to a pre-determined, but eventually very repetative CGA, would to be to make such interludes like the assassin segment an interactive mini-game where you actually have some control over the event.

Just a wishful thought.

GaugamelaTC
01-29-2006, 13:09
What sort of like a console game FPS. You can have to enter the castle and kill the guy? Or if you're a spy you must open the gates yourself? Might be cool, but I doubt its inclusion highly.

Mithrandir
01-29-2006, 14:38
It would probably be too much to ask, but a neat alternative to a pre-determined, but eventually very repetative CGA, would to be to make such interludes like the assassin segment an interactive mini-game where you actually have some control over the event.

Just a wishful thought.

Aye to that :).

And if you're inside and discovered you just set fire to the castle...

BHCWarman88
02-15-2006, 04:21
I heard on totalwar.com that they having Assassian Movies again like they had on STW, am I correct or just hearing things (or I should say,seeing things,lol)

Divinus Arma
02-15-2006, 04:54
You heard right. Yay!

sapi
02-15-2006, 09:59
And it's been posted before. Yay!

econ21
02-15-2006, 10:19
Threads merged.

Ludens
02-16-2006, 14:38
I heard on totalwar.com that they having Assassian Movies again like they had on STW, am I correct or just hearing things (or I should say,seeing things,lol)
I seem to recall similar promises for R:TW.

Furious Mental
02-16-2006, 15:07
I don't know about Inquisition movies. Footage of people being forcibly seated in a comfy chair or poked with soft cushions might be a bit much for the video games ratings agencies.