PDA

View Full Version : Unavoidable(?) CTD on 3rd turn of 212BC

Conqueror
01-26-2006, 16:00
I play as Baktria and the game CTDs on the Seleukids turn. Attempts to investigate with the control romans_julii command are futile, as using this command causes the computer to move Baktrian units and characters on the campaign map, which causes the CTD to happen on Ptolemaioi turn instead. Changing the command to control numidia enables me to control the Ptolemaioi, so I move all of their stacks and agents to exhaust their movement points. Then changing the command back to control romans_julii and activating the script causes the game to CTD at the end of the Ptolemaioi turn.

I suspect that this CTD is of the same type that I've reported earlier here (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=58911). I have had couple of these before, and always I was able to get around them by moving my own armies to different places on the map. I have yet to discover any way to get around this one, however.

Teleklos Archelaou
01-26-2006, 17:13
Sounds like it could be the Olympics bug. It's in an olympics year and right after the summer ends. Malrubius posted the code to fix it if you want to try it and maybe keep playing your campaign. I dont' see the post here but I know he posted it somewhere on this forum.

Conqueror
01-26-2006, 17:24
Can't be that one, I already have the olympics fix.

Conqueror
02-07-2006, 19:27
Well, it turns out I was a sloppy betatester :stwshame:

After playing around with Casse a bit I loaded the old savegame and tried to pass to the next turn without activating the script - and to my great surprise, there was no crash. Since all the CTDs I'd had before were unaffected by the script I'd not thought about it this time. I re-loaded again to verify this, and the script is definetly what is causing it.

LorDBulA
02-08-2006, 18:46
Mhh strange. Could you provide save game?
Thanks in advance.

Conqueror
02-08-2006, 22:03
Now I did some more tests and it gets strange: I found that I now get a CTD when going to the next turn w/ script on from any saved game from 217BC forward. Leaving the script unactivated avoids the crash. Saves from before 217BC work fine. I'll try going back to 218BC and advancing some turns to make new saves - if those also get bugged then I'll email them.

Conqueror
02-09-2006, 19:04
...And it turns out that the new post-218BC saves work fine. Whatever it is that was causing this problem was in the save files. I still have the old files and can email them if you want to take a look at them.