PDA

View Full Version : Creative Assembly How big is the map going to be?!

Roberto
01-26-2006, 20:08
Well ive heard from different people that china will be in it that means most of asia will be in there. Personally i do not belive it but it would be cool to have some samurias there

and Mexico is pretty obivouis so that means the carribean will be in there

And lets not forgot EUROPE the heart of it all

King Noob the Stupid
01-26-2006, 20:15
China?! Who says that? I think after CA announced the list of factions playable in MP (which contains no chinese, the only asian factions on the list are the turks, the mongols and the timurids)it's pretty clear that there won't be no China... and some people here think that there won't be America on the standard campaign map neither, but that the aztecs will get their own mini-campaign, others say that they won't appear at all in the campaign in vanilla M2TW.

Roberto
01-26-2006, 20:17
Crazy internet people eh:dizzy2:

derF
01-27-2006, 01:21
Theyre adding central america, why not do the whole world?

Grifman
01-27-2006, 03:58
Theyre adding central america, why not do the whole world?

Because no one lives in Anarctica.

Justiciar
01-27-2006, 05:18
A penguin faction? Now that would be fun.

Wikiman
01-27-2006, 09:17
The map is an improvement on Rome's map and it would take a really long time to walk from one side to another. :)

-wikiman

hellenes
01-27-2006, 14:33
The map is an improvement on Rome's map and it would take a really long time to walk from one side to another. :)

-wikiman

If youre the Wikiman from the .com where is your CA tag?
MODERATOORRSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hellenes

Mooks
01-27-2006, 17:10
Well...putting all racism aside. One average european army (Trained, armoured, moderate equipment) can completely destroy any south american-north american army the indians there can get together.

No offense, just it wouldnt be to realistic to see Americans fighting europeans on the same scale. Just to much of a technological advantage.

Mikeus Caesar
01-27-2006, 17:17
No offense, just it wouldnt be to realistic to see Americans fighting europeans on the same scale. Just to much of a technological advantage.

It would be realistic. After all, why do you think there are nomore aztecs/red indians wandering about today? Because they got utterly pwned by their European overlords!

Antiochius
01-27-2006, 19:15
China? never. there aren`t any factions of asia, only from america. I believe that the border in the esat will perhabs in the near of Bagdad. The south border will perhabs end between Sudan and Kenia. The Northern, i think, a little bit over Scandinavia, the western border, hm, i have no idea, perhabs Mexico,

cunobelinus
01-27-2006, 22:49
it would be kwl to have the hole world but i think that it would be quite weird and also on map wont it take ages to get to america

Craterus
01-27-2006, 22:56
I think the map of vanilla RTW is fine for this game. It doesn't really need a huge map.

Roberto
01-27-2006, 23:16
Where do scotland go then:juggle2:
bigger the better in my opinnion

Craterus
01-27-2006, 23:19
Meh, I forget that it cuts out Scotland. Vanilla RTW slightly expanded to the north to include Scotland.

gardibolt
01-28-2006, 00:11
You'd probably need to go a bit farther east, too, to give some substantial territories to the Mongols and Timurians as well as the Russians, wouldn't you?

Craterus
01-28-2006, 00:13
I know very little on Medieval history I have no clue about how far the announced factions stretched. I was mainly talking about expanding it very far to the east.

IceTorque
01-28-2006, 01:11

-wikiman

So no more campaign map, just one huge battlemap. :2thumbsup:

Martok
01-28-2006, 03:04
You'd probably need to go a bit farther east, too, to give some substantial territories to the Mongols and Timurians as well as the Russians, wouldn't you?

I was wondering about this as well. It seems to me the map will have to stretch to central Asia, at the least.

Orda Khan
01-28-2006, 03:06
Starting time of 1080? That is before Chingis Khan was born and long before the unification of Mongolia. Assuming Mongols are a playable faction as advertised there is every possibility that Mongolia at least will be on the map. After the invasion of Russia and eastern Europe led by Batu in 1237-1241, the only contact with the Mongols in Europe were those of the Golden Horde.
To include the Timurids, I would expect the map to stretch as far as Samarkand

.......Orda

TosaInu
02-07-2006, 13:43
If youre the Wikiman from the .com where is your CA tag?
MODERATOORRSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hellenes

Sorry, I'm slow.

Quietus
02-08-2006, 01:55

-wikiman

1) Welcome to the .ORG Wikiman. :)
2) Hopefully you have a thick skin.
3) Does the bigger map mean there's also much more provinces? Are there any other map details you are allowed to share?

sapi
02-08-2006, 08:07
1) Welcome to the .ORG Wikiman. :)
2) Hopefully you have a thick skin.
3) Does the bigger map mean there's also much more provinces? Are there any other map details you are allowed to share?
Adding to #3, are the provinces more rtw size, or rtr size (tiny)

caio giulio
02-08-2006, 08:55
I want more provinces, more cities!!

Zatoichi
02-08-2006, 09:28
According to this thread over at the .com, Wikiman is currently on honeymoon with his new wife! It also explains how what with one thing and another, there's not going to be many Oz CA staff about on the boards for a few weeks, and gives an idea of what's happening in the develpment as of now:

http://p223.ezboard.com/fshoguntotalwarfrm55.showMessage?topicID=601.topic

Congrats to Mr & Mrs Wikiman!

Mouzafphaerre
02-09-2006, 18:38

-wikiman
Thanks for the good sounding news and welcome to the Guild! :barrel: Nice to have another commie enlightened. ~D

Gealai
02-09-2006, 18:50
Welcome Wikiman

Gealai

ArcticSonata
02-10-2006, 00:26
Well ive heard from different people that china will be in it that means most of asia will be in there. Personally i do not belive it but it would be cool to have some samurias there

and Mexico is pretty obivouis so that means the carribean will be in there

And lets not forgot EUROPE the heart of it all

Well of Mexico play into the game you have to have the atlantic as well, which meen mile of endless and even better the fact that they might make the navil battles playable.:2thumbsup:

TheBigJon
02-10-2006, 03:13
So if Scotland is being cut off, that means that Norway, and most of Sweden would be cut off too... unless all the maps i've seen are way off.

Where was it mentioned that the North was going to be cut off?

econ21
02-10-2006, 10:11
... this thread over at the .com... gives an idea of what's happening in the develpment as of now:

http://p223.ezboard.com/fshoguntotalwarfrm55.showMessage?topicID=601.topic

Thanks for linking to that. It's nice to know CA are working hard on improving the campaign and battlefield AI. If they improve that, I can't see how M2TW can possibly fail - given the past achievements of MTW and RTW.