PDA

View Full Version : Casse is insane!

King of the dutch
01-26-2006, 21:33
Hi,

I read Casse was fairly easy so i went to check it out. Problem is though there is this one army i just can't beat. Since all rebels are agianst me They all gang up on my. I have tried multiple times but no strategy availed. In fact just now i got the: You have been defeated message for the first time..ever! Any help anyone? I play on VH/H

grtz kod

NightStar
01-26-2006, 22:22
Hmm...interesting...I might just start up a Casse campaign just to try. Even though I usually play on VH/M

Arman616
01-26-2006, 22:24
Hi,

I read Casse was fairly easy so i went to check it out. Problem is though there is this one army i just can't beat. Since all rebels are agianst me They all gang up on my. I have tried multiple times but no strategy availed. In fact just now i got the: You have been defeated message for the first time..ever! Any help anyone? I play on VH/H

grtz kod

hard battle difficulty gives them an unfair and illogical advantage. Make it medium

the_mango55
01-26-2006, 22:48
Casse has the advantage of starting off neutral to the rebels, so not only do they not attack you, you can also trade with them. Start by disbanding all your armies, ALL of them, except what you need for garrsion, and make your city into an economic powerhouse. Build up a huge stockpile of money and get a good population for 10-15 years. Then build up a full stack army and take the whole island in a couple of years.

Wandarah
01-27-2006, 01:16
Oh a H/M game, the rebels attacked me without provocation. when was i playing as casse.

Malrubius
01-27-2006, 01:21
Yeah, they start out neutral, but they don't necessarily stay that way. Arche Seleukideia started a war with me (Baktria) just because I was sieging a rebel city that they wanted. If their probing spots weakness, they'll strike to exploit it.

soibean
01-27-2006, 02:14
I had a good run going against the rebels on Britannia by fighting them once, winning, then just going defensive as they assaulted my cities.
They only did this for one of my games, I tried again later because I lost a prized general, didnt have a save besides, and made some mistakes in the building queue.
The only problem I found with casse were the chariots. I can't control these guys at all, and I cant make them remotely as useful as any other general unit in the game. For the most part I find that they are slaughtered if I try to get them to break up a formation, or they ruin my own units formations.
How do you best use those chariots?

Malrubius
01-27-2006, 02:32
Double-click behind your chosen enemy. The chariots will charge through and disrupt the formation. Just behind the chariots should be infantry to do the killing of the now disordered and frightened unit. Your chariots should continue on, spin around, and run through the lines at another point. They should attack perpendicular to the enemy line, don't let them get bogged down, stopped, or surrounded, or they're dead.

Foot
01-27-2006, 03:06
Double-click behind your chosen enemy. The chariots will charge through and disrupt the formation. Just behind the chariots should be infantry to do the killing of the now disordered and frightened unit. Your chariots should continue on, spin around, and run through the lines at another point. They should attack perpendicular to the enemy line, don't let them get bogged down, stopped, or surrounded, or they're dead.

Do not use this trick on light infantry as your chariots will be slaughtered.

And the rebels generally attack me within a year, but as soon as I beat them they just sit tight in their cities and never come out.

Foot

Ranika
01-27-2006, 05:25
Yes, the light infantry thing is important. Light infantry will eat the chariots. The idea is to break up heavier infantry formations with them. Against light infantry, just use them to hit the enemy with javelins.

King of the dutch
01-27-2006, 20:50
Casse has the advantage of starting off neutral to the rebels, so not only do they not attack you, you can also trade with them. Start by disbanding all your armies, ALL of them, except what you need for garrsion, and make your city into an economic powerhouse. Build up a huge stockpile of money and get a good population for 10-15 years. Then build up a full stack army and take the whole island in a couple of years.

That's what i did

Oh a H/M game, the rebels attacked me without provocation. when was i playing as casse.

And this is what happened

O'ETAIPOS
01-27-2006, 21:23
They search for weak spots, and your only city with 3 generals and 1 or 2 units fit perfectly in definiton of weak spot :)

got full stack seging my capital after some 8-10 turns (2 years)

On VH (camp map) only money I got was 2000 minai from romans for Aliance, trade rights and map info. Any other faction I asked (without aliance proposition) replied with "give us 1500 tribute for 5 turns" or sth like this. Maybe I'm just awful negotiator ...:shame:

the_mango55
01-28-2006, 01:52

That's what i did

And this is what happened

Oh, well damn. I guess I was just lucky. I was playing on H/M, and the rebels didn't even come into my territory for a good 8-9 years.

King of the dutch
01-28-2006, 11:38
i'll just have to try again then. Tenx though

paullus
01-29-2006, 00:59
Any chance the patch will include the new chariots for the Casse? It sure would be nice to have general's units that not only looked good, but could disrupt an enemy formation, and then lay into 'em from behind with javelins.

QwertyMIDX
01-29-2006, 01:06
Maybe, AFAIK they're done, I'm not sure why they aren't in yet.

Ambiorix
01-29-2006, 09:25
What seems to work fairly well for my (VH/M) campaign is to keep your military, except for the boats. Disband those as soon as you get your diplomat to the mainland. Sell anything you can via your diplomat and try to get at least half a stack of an army, but don't worry about going into debt, it will happen.

Luckily you can afford to have less troops due to Barae being a very capable general, and hit the two wandering armies that usually are the ones that seige your capital. After that, you should be pretty free to hit any of the garrisons since nobody will really leave their forts anymore.

Vendayn
08-25-2006, 20:55
I've been playing as Casse and its fun. I've had to reload a few saves so from losing an important general. I have problems with Chariot and I've done what you suggested on how you use it, maybe they just aren't good to use yet until the patch. Although its been about 8-10years and I only have two cities/towns. I don't know if this is good or not, but it seems to be going really slow for me. Most battles I win except there is a stack of 2000 rebels that will be impossible to beat lol:P

I have many allies and trade agreements which is good I think. My economy is not negative either but isn't too good (around 500 a turn)...I've just been taking it slowly.

NeoSpartan
08-25-2006, 22:26
Hi,

grtz kod

Try Playing H/H.

If you want to beat them without loosing too many troops. Send your army into enemy territory and place them on TOP OF A HILL. Once the AI attacks you will be fighting Down hill (remember to Press HOLD on ur main line so that it doesn't break formation and have a few units to outflack).

I did this in my game with the Aedui against the Arvenri in H/H, since I never had any + income and needed as many of my soldiers alive while exterminating the enemy soldiers.

Jarardo
08-26-2006, 05:05
Almost makes me want to load up RTW before the 0.8 comes out.

Trithemius
09-10-2006, 00:48
I can't say I liked having to reduce my army, build for ten years, and then start fighting battles. When I played the Casse I did not disband all of my army, so I probably appeared less appetising to the independents, and then spent about ten years building up my economy and infrastructure before uniting the isles and accquiring some of the Low Countries.

I have to say that I didn't really enjoy the procession of end-turn clicks before getting into the "meat" of the game; I do hope that the Casse have been made a bit more interesting "out of the box" for EB 0.8.

Sdragon
09-10-2006, 01:37
As Casse it’s best to attack right at the start. I tried disbanding my army once and to build up, thought it would give the rebels more time to build up and make things harder. But then a full stack came and siege my city. Quick end to that campaign…

Trithemius
09-10-2006, 09:03
As Casse it’s best to attack right at the start. I tried disbanding my army once and to build up, thought it would give the rebels more time to build up and make things harder. But then a full stack came and siege my city. Quick end to that campaign…

On VH/M in 0.74 I had no problem maintaining a moderate army (sufficient to dissuade others) and then expanding economically for a while. I just thought it was a bit dull.

Mujalumbo
09-12-2006, 15:15
Is there something wrong with the autocalc function? Or did something get all mangled up when I installed EB?

I was playing as the Casse, and one of my family members was caught alone out of town by a band of brigands. Being too lazy to play it out, I autocalc'd, and the guy won! It was something ridiculous like 700 guys vs. my 30-member bodyguard.

I guess the Successor's and Karthadastim's bodyguards have the same problem, but mostly because of their insane stats. (Playing the Arche Seleukia, I've got so many family members, that I form goon squads with them and send them about my empire putting down rebels, brigands, etc. Unless there's horse archers, I can usually count on them to win, despite what the odds read at the pre-battle summary scroll.)

vizigothe
09-12-2006, 16:13
I attacked right away with the Casse. Just moved towards the other southern most city and sieged it. The rebels then began to move towards me so I hid in the woods and was able to ambush one larger stack and crush it. Then the other stack attacked me and I hid in the woods and forced them to come to me and crushed them again. Then I sieged the city and got out of debt. I had took all the British Isles before Barae died.

CalIrish
09-13-2006, 01:12
There are two stacks that start off fairly close to you and one that comes down from Caledonia. I squander all my money on troops the first turns and attack all the stacks separately. After these decisive battles the Isles are pretty much yours for the taking. Also, Barae is usually the Celtic equivalent of superman when the battles are over.

Discoskull
09-13-2006, 06:22
I attacked right away with the Casse. Just moved towards the other southern most city and sieged it. The rebels then began to move towards me so I hid in the woods and was able to ambush one larger stack and crush it. Then the other stack attacked me and I hid in the woods and forced them to come to me and crushed them again. Then I sieged the city and got out of debt. I had took all the British Isles before Barae died.

I've got the Isles, all the coastlines in northern Iberia/upper Gaul, all of middle Gaul, a bit of southern Gaul, and Barae is now kicking along the mediteranian coast and slaughtering Greek pansies at the ripe old age of 68...and now 71...

Just auto-resolve those rebel scum.

https://img479.imageshack.us/img479/9043/britainomarchxm3.jpg

Olaf The Great
09-14-2006, 01:06
I was never able to recruit the Klydabre(sp?), when and where do you recruit them.

Discoskull
09-14-2006, 08:10
I bribe them when they pop up as rebels in Britain circa 230's BC. I'm guessing they're part of the reform that happens God-knows-when. I only did it once, since they cost me 16000+ freakin' minai.
They eat armor, and they tend to survive quite well if placed strategically and kept away from missiles...

Chester
09-20-2006, 09:42
I play the guitar whlie I play EB. It takes a long time for the factions to make their moves plus add in the first 20 years down time for Casse (disbanding and building money), it feels like work. 20 years at 4 turns a season is 80 cycles. That's like 2 hours of play or something. Probably more.

It's a slow and painful process, but once you get the ball rolling it gets a lot better.

eadingas
09-20-2006, 10:10
The financial situation of the Casse should be improved if you add the new resources in. If you capture just one more city in the beginning, and open trade routes with Aedui and Iberians, you should start making profit.