PDA

View Full Version : New screenshots !

doc_bean
01-27-2006, 18:41
At least I haven't seen them before (http://www.tothegame.com/screenshot.asp?id=4972)

Dutch_guy
01-27-2006, 18:44
The top 3 seem to be new, thanks for the link Doc !

:balloon2:

doc_bean
01-27-2006, 18:45
I hadn't seen some of the other ones either, although they're very similar to screenshots I have seen, probably taken before and after the same battle.

The Blind King of Bohemia
01-27-2006, 18:58
The Janissaries in the second pic look fantastic and the armies of England in the first picture look great as well

Zatoichi
01-27-2006, 19:05
It's good to see the return of what I assume to be feudal sergeants and militia sergeants in the first picture - they look fabulous!

Ironside
01-27-2006, 19:48
Now I'm not an expert on the subject, but doesn't those spears look quite puny in the first shot?

Not the defence I would want vs cav and the armour seems to be to good for it to be crappy troops.

Great pics otherwise :2thumbsup:

A.Saturnus
01-27-2006, 21:10
During most of the medieval period, the used spears were rather short. There wasn't much defence against cav most of the time. The counter against cav was more cav. What I find rather disappointing is the large number of sword armed infantry we see. Most infantry should be spear armed.

Shahed
01-27-2006, 22:53
Janis are good for the headgear but the bodies need better I don't know, texture? They look like tubs. The downhill charge looks awesome.

Orda Khan
01-28-2006, 02:35
Too many great helms for my liking and I agree, the spears do look short, too short. They appear to be shorter than the user. The bowstrings are a nice addition but I'd like to see a better representation of the bow. If a string can be added then surely the bow can be improved

.........Orda

SLKHERO
01-28-2006, 05:12
have you noticed the string on those bows.

they actually have a string. that is a nice little detail they added.

sapi
01-28-2006, 08:54
have you noticed the string on those bows.

they actually have a string. that is a nice little detail they added.
Yep - it's the details that count...

ajaxfetish
01-28-2006, 22:16
It's hard to tell the length of the spears for sure with the angles they're held at, but they do at least seem small. The overall effect of the charge looks fantastic though! And the trebuchets sling system looks fine in the loaded and ready position. Hopefully they'll straighten out the physics of the launch itself soon.

Ajax

Martok
01-29-2006, 02:10
During most of the medieval period, the used spears were rather short. There wasn't much defence against cav most of the time. The counter against cav was more cav. What I find rather disappointing is the large number of sword armed infantry we see. Most infantry should be spear armed.

Exactly how long *was* the typical spear for that era, anyway? Either way, the ones in the screenshot look like they're only about 5 feet or so, and I can't imagine they would be long enough if that's the case.

sapi
01-29-2006, 08:35
It's hard to tell the length of the spears for sure with the angles they're held at, but they do at least seem small. The overall effect of the charge looks fantastic though! And the trebuchets sling system looks fine in the loaded and ready position. Hopefully they'll straighten out the physics of the launch itself soon.

Ajax
Yes, it's good to see that they're getting more and more of the details correct; who cares about the length of the spears though - it can always be modded if it's wrong!

Antiochius
01-29-2006, 14:25
great i hpoe that the this graphic will be in the game

Matty
01-30-2006, 14:02
Are these screenshots from the actual game or are they artisitic representations of what will be going on? Seems like a tremendous amount more detail than in the current MTW....

Bob the Insane
01-30-2006, 15:44
I suspect these screenshots are much like the RTW ones in that it is actual in game graphic (with every setting maxed out of course) but they have packed as many units as possible into the shot to give the impression of vast numbers where in fact there are only 5 infantry units plus the 2 siege units in the shot (on huge unit size probably)...

SirGrotius
02-01-2006, 04:20
CA must have a stellar art department. That armor is literally mouth watering. It reminds me of the sea change during the Renaissance when artists really mastered the rendering of robes. I think CA takes the cake w/ PC graphics.

Zatoichi
02-01-2006, 09:13
Well, apparently CA have doubled the number of polygons per model, resulting in a much greater level of detail (well - twice as much in fact, if my maths is holding up!) This added to the fact that there will be a certain 'random' generation of individual arms, armour, faces and horses is going to make the battles look amazing - I think what we're seeing in these screenshots is going to be achievable on high end PCs in 9 months - but what it'll be like on more moderate specs we'll just have to wait and see.

Taurus
02-01-2006, 10:52
Those screenies look awesome, I simply can't wait for M2TW/ :2thumbsup:

Kraxis
02-07-2006, 18:16
On the spears... note in the last of the three shots that there are rows of fairly long spears behind the treb crews.