PDA

View Full Version : viking invasion expansion

cunobelinus
01-27-2006, 22:59
do u think they will do the viking invasion expansion or do u think they will do a different expansion .if there is another thread about this please ignore.

Craterus
01-27-2006, 23:02
There's a thread on the second page about a suggested Napoleonic era expansion. I assume that thread could be used for all discussions about the expansion.

Orda Khan
01-28-2006, 03:11
Expansion? Already?

........Orda

lars573
01-28-2006, 07:08
We got what 7 months before the game comes out right. What else are we going to do to pass the time?

Yoyoma1910
01-28-2006, 08:35
You could start developing mods.

:saint:

sapi
01-28-2006, 08:49
You could start developing mods.

:saint:
lol that's mad - developing mods before a release:oops:

Templar Knight
01-28-2006, 16:19
I would like to see an expansion that continues after 1530 and covers the colonization of American, Spanish Armada etc, but most likely it will be set during the dark ages.

doc_bean
01-28-2006, 17:39
I would like to see an expansion that continues after 1530 and covers the colonization of American, Spanish Armada etc, but most likely it will be set during the dark ages.

I don't know, they've done the dark ages twice now (VI and BI), and it would seem the game focusses on late medieval times with all the gunpowder units, the discovery of the Americas etc.
I would prefer an integrated expansion for once, add another era (renaissance) and expand the map, most people playing MTW/VI are playing the main campaign aren't they ?

Templar Knight
01-28-2006, 18:11
I don't know, they've done the dark ages twice now (VI and BI), and it would seem the game focusses on late medieval times with all the gunpowder units, the discovery of the Americas etc.
I would prefer an integrated expansion for once, add another era (renaissance) and expand the map, most people playing MTW/VI are playing the main campaign aren't they ?

The fact that the game features the Aztecs and gunpowder units would suggest that they might carry the game on after 1530 - however they might be wanting to have gunpowder armies in another game engine that also features 3D naval battles.

Leet Eriksson
01-28-2006, 19:14
So what Invasion will it be called this time around? ~;p

ajaxfetish
01-28-2006, 22:03
I'd like both to have it in the dark ages and integrated! I don't just want VI again. I want an expansion including Charlemagne, Otto I, Magyars, the rise of Islam, (still the British Isles and Vikings as well of course), and that then leads straight into the main campaign.

Ajax

Philippus Flavius Homovallumus
01-29-2006, 00:08
The problem with VI was it was very Brit-centric with nothing really for anyone else. The problem with a wider Dark Age mod set around 800 AD centre around the domination of one man and his twelve henchmen.

City walls
01-31-2006, 22:05
how about a Feature expansion pack with like 40 highly tested complex addons to the game. No more landmass or skins or certainly no more boring barbarians ;) just FEATURES

Bob the Insane
02-01-2006, 02:04
A Viking Invasion Redux would be great, especially if it covered the whole european map from say 600-1000AD (the Vikings invaded more than the UK)...

It could do something with Charlemagne too...

That would mean you could play Total War from 300BC pretty much all the way to 1540AD...

Way cool...

alman7272
02-01-2006, 05:12
So what Invasion will it be called this time around? ~;p

European Invasion (of the Americas?!)

Maybe it'll just be Renaissance era completely. Who knows.

King Yngvar
02-01-2006, 10:02
A Viking Invasion expansion would be great. But please, I hope they made it with more than just Britain and a small piece of western Scandinavia, and hopefully with three or more Scandinavian factions...

mfberg
02-01-2006, 18:04
I don't want much for expansions, just a dark ages expansion, a discovery expansion, and a Napoleonic expansion, with naval warfare included.

mfberg

Ibn Munqidh
02-01-2006, 18:49
Viking Invasion was uber-boring. I wouldnt want to see it again. Why not focus more onto different parts of world history, the rise of islam?? Or the crusades (which I would think would be the best), you know, with factions such as K. of Jerusalem, Egypt, Emirate of Damascus, emirate of aleppo etc.

Or maybe Iberia, from 990-1100 would be the best part.

King Yngvar
02-02-2006, 06:50
The only reason VI was boring is that it was made on the old MTW engine and that the map was of too small a part of Europe. The period 800-1000 Ad should really be included in an expansion, as long as they put more than just Britain in it.

Trajanus
02-02-2006, 09:34
You said it Yngvar, a full blown Europe map for a VI expansion would be great!

P.S. good to see you again man where you been?

Craterus
02-04-2006, 00:41
Viking Invasion was uber-boring. I wouldnt want to see it again. Why not focus more onto different parts of world history, the rise of islam?? Or the crusades (which I would think would be the best), you know, with factions such as K. of Jerusalem, Egypt, Emirate of Damascus, emirate of aleppo etc.

Or maybe Iberia, from 990-1100 would be the best part.

I agree about the rise of Islam.

The Arab Empire is not covered at all in games, and it still strikes me as odd how they managed to get to Spain (I've never been taught the history behind it).

Lord Winter
02-04-2006, 00:49
I think it will be Ottoman invasion, mainly focusing on eastern Europe and the ottoman empire, rise of the Hapsburg empire from 1450-1618 or so

Ibn Munqidh
02-04-2006, 17:20
I agree about the rise of Islam.

The Arab Empire is not covered at all in games,

Even though it was much, much larger than the Roman empire, and lasted much shorter, which would be very interesting, trying to extend its life, and change history.

Or maybe as Destroyer of Hope said, Rise of the Ottoman empire, Im sick of playing with western euro factions for expansions.:juggle2:

King Yngvar
02-06-2006, 03:20
You said it Yngvar, a full blown Europe map for a VI expansion would be great!

P.S. good to see you again man where you been?

Good to see you too :2thumbsup:
And if you wondered, my pc crashed completely and I don't have any money to repair it yet... Now I'm located in Tromsø, with a crappy 56k modem on my father's laptop :wall:

Or maybe as Destroyer of Hope said, Rise of the Ottoman empire, Im sick of playing with western euro factions for expansions.

I think the reason for western european factions being focused on is that most buyers are probably located in Germany, France, England, Spain and perhaps America...

Furious Mental
02-06-2006, 07:06
My personal preference would be for extending the campaign into and beyond the renaissance, up until the emergence of the musket with bayonet as the major infantry weapon.

spmetla
02-06-2006, 09:21
So we trying for an Arab Invasion Expansion pack? It'd be cool I guess. If they did that then make the map go farther east to include the Arab invasion of Persia.

ajaxfetish
02-06-2006, 23:00
I could accept an Arab Invasion. That would have the potential to incorporate the entire map and lead into the main campaign while introducing Dark Age factions for the whole of Europe. I wonder if they could combine an Arabic and Viking invasion, with Europe caught in between like a vice.

Ajax

TinCow
02-06-2006, 23:27
They might have to drop the "Invasion" theme, but I think an expansion based during the 16th to 17th centuries and concentrating on the Protestant/Catholic wars would be good.

ajaxfetish
02-06-2006, 23:53
They might have to drop the "Invasion" theme, but I think an expansion based during the 16th to 17th centuries and concentrating on the Protestant/Catholic wars would be good.
:idea2: Heresy Invasion!!!

Ajax

Trajanus
02-07-2006, 05:42
At the end of the day it really doesn't matter what expansion they bring out, because if what you want isn't there someone will mod it no doubt!

I hope they make modding a little easier this time so more people can have a go without destroying everything!

Ibn Munqidh
02-10-2006, 18:24
For me it doesnt really matter if its arab invasion or catholic/protestant wars, I just want to see the whole map covered in the expansion, with ALL the cultures fully recognized (like what MTW2 should be)