PDA

View Full Version : Creative Assembly Where is CA in all of this?

Divinus Arma
01-28-2006, 01:11
A little PR in the Org would be appreciated.................

Many of us have so many questions and wishes. Are they only at the .com?

econ21
01-28-2006, 01:19
They may be under a kind of press embargo, so that the scoops they have given to magazines etc are worth something. There may even be a policy to drip-feed information - as an EB member, you may be familar with such a strategy, Divinus ~;)

A few CA members have posted in the Org recently but on other topics, so I suspect they are reading. One reason we have the sticky in this forum about "no CA bashing" is because we want to create a pleasant atmosphere for CA members when they pass by, in the hope that they will occasionally stay a little longer.

Zatoichi
01-28-2006, 01:22
I was wondering the same thing. It seems this release is in the hands of CA's Australian office, and they're not as well known to us here as the British lot are. Yet.

Surely they're not all too busy drinking Fosters and organising barbies to post here? Or are there other national stereotypes I've missed out whilst sitting here sipping tea and planning tomorrow's tiffin?

Maybe once the 'official' exclusives are out of the way in the gaming press they'll become more vocal here?

Orda Khan
01-28-2006, 02:52
I think it is a bit early yet

......Orda

Susanne
01-28-2006, 02:59
We have two CA Oz staff posting at our site, which amounts to five CA staff total. :)

Divinus Arma
01-28-2006, 05:36
Oh no, don't misunderstand me! I have nothing negative to say of CA! No bashing from me.

They deliver an awesome product and they have a business to run: I get it. I am sure they are also really busy dealing with the initial promotion blitz through magazines and such.

It's just that I thought it would be nice for them to make a cameo here and answer a couple of questions. They were great during the rev up to Spartan and BI, so I am assume it is just a matter of time.

As for the drip feed, I always thought that EB was pretty straightforward with most of the fans. We tried to keep alot secret, of course (and I hope some of you appreciated the oooh and ahhhh factor attained after a campaign or two) , but many questions were answered and even if they were not answered someone was always around to just say hi. But then, the compensation factor kind of precludes CA from this I guess.

I just want to see a quick drop in from our old friends, that's all.

sapi
01-28-2006, 08:54
I was wondering the same thing. It seems this release is in the hands of CA's Australian office, and they're not as well known to us here as the British lot are. Yet.

Surely they're not all too busy drinking Fosters and organising barbies to post here? Or are there other national stereotypes I've missed out whilst sitting here sipping tea and planning tomorrow's tiffin?

Maybe once the 'official' exclusives are out of the way in the gaming press they'll become more vocal here?
:furious3: Steryotypes - Well, how are you english people going with your tea:laugh4:

But really, i think that they'll work, as you said, to the press first and then us - maybe...

doc_bean
01-28-2006, 11:53
If you worked for CA would you reveal yourself in a room full of armchair game designers ? I think it could be quite depressing to read forums like this, where every little feature is scrutinized. Besides, it would also cost them too much time, this is a very active place at the moment.

Mikeus Caesar
01-28-2006, 11:56
:furious3: Steryotypes - Well, how are you english people going with your tea:laugh4:

But really, i think that they'll work, as you said, to the press first and then us - maybe...

I'm afraid you'll find the bit about us drinking tea isn't a stereotype. Perfectly true. As a matter of fact, i'm drinking some right now. But we don't drink it out of those silly little teacups, we drink it out normal mugs.

Alexander the Pretty Good
01-29-2006, 03:31
doc - I would hope I would read as much as possible, so I can make my game the best.

Of course, that's just an armchair game designer talking. :laugh4:

sapi
01-29-2006, 05:21
I'm afraid you'll find the bit about us drinking tea isn't a stereotype. Perfectly true. As a matter of fact, i'm drinking some right now. But we don't drink it out of those silly little teacups, we drink it out normal mugs.
lol i liked those teacups....

CA will give info in good time

Sykotyk Rampage
01-29-2006, 05:35
lol i liked those teacups....

CA will give info in good time

Wow I love tea cups, and mugs it is amazing how different people in different places can drink tea out of different containers......but it is still tea,...LOL..., we should all get together with CA and work this all out over a pot of tea.....you all brew your tea in a pot with hot water like I do in Canada don't you? :coffeenews:

(For those without a sense of humour I am joking)

sapi
01-29-2006, 05:58
Wow I love tea cups, and mugs it is amazing how different people in different places can drink tea out of different containers......but it is still tea,...LOL..., we should all get together with CA and work this all out over a pot of tea.....you all brew your tea in a pot with hot water like I do in Canada don't you? :coffeenews:

(For those without a sense of humour I am joking)
Pot of tea! Gasp! This is CA Australia, get your steryotypes right, it's a pot of beer :) lol

CA WILL answer in good time...

Ciaran
01-29-2006, 15:42
If you worked for CA would you reveal yourself in a room full of armchair game designers ? I think it could be quite depressing to read forums like this, where every little feature is scrutinized.

My thoughts exactly. Being a designer in these days must be the least appreciated job, they´ll have to work with what the programmers say is possible, what the marketing guys say is necessary and what they themselves think is wanted and what do they get? The scorn of basically all, especially the players. I can well undrstand why none would want to post here, even if they were allowed to, which they´re most likely not.

Philippus Flavius Homovallumus
01-29-2006, 18:02
Quite frankly, looking at all the stick the guys get, I don't blame them for not being too vocal.

I have run out of Tea, I'm drinking coffee~:(

Captain Fishpants
01-30-2006, 10:32
If you worked for CA would you reveal yourself in a room full of armchair game designers ? <snip>

Armchairs can design games? Cool beans! :laugh4:

Just FYI, I for one am not posting on M2TW because I don't feel I'm qualified to answer questions on the game.

My colleagues in Oz are reading the forums btw, so don't think that because there's silence you're being ignored!

Dark_Magician
01-30-2006, 12:38
One reason we have the sticky in this forum about "no CA bashing" is because we want to create a pleasant atmosphere for CA members when they pass by, in the hope that they will occasionally stay a little longer.

CA is my God. But dear Lord, does this sinful World have to be so hard for the humble mortals?

Cesare diBorja
02-05-2006, 08:54
I hope CA will be thorough in this new game. It will of course shut my mouth. Not that I have been any kind of thorn in their side. They have a great engine with greater, still, potential. Let's get busy and not waste it. I want to mod the hades out of this game.

diBorgia

spmetla
02-05-2006, 10:02
:balloon2: :balloon2: :balloon2: :balloon2: :balloon2: Thank you CPT!!!

Duke Malcolm
02-05-2006, 14:16

Speak for yourself... I just finished a refreshing cup of Ceylon from a Royal Doulton china cup...

I hope some CA fellows pop in to hint at possible diplomatic changes...

Mikeus Caesar
02-05-2006, 19:10
Speak for yourself... I just finished a refreshing cup of Ceylon from a Royal Doulton china cup...

Nice choice of tea, shame about the cup...

Tell me, how many gallons of tea does our country drink per year? It would be interesting to know.

aw89
02-05-2006, 19:31
Well, lets see. We'll say an average englishman drinks 3 cups of 2.5 decilitres a day. There are 50.1 million british people.
Thats 50 100 000 (3*0.25) : 4.5 *365.25 = 5 421 933 333 gallons a year (14 844 444 gallons a day)

Back on topic, i can't wait for info either.

sapi
02-06-2006, 08:16
Well, lets see. We'll say an average englishman drinks 3 cups of 2.5 decilitres a day. There are 50.1 million british people.
Thats 50 100 000 (3*0.25) : 4.5 *365.25 = 5 421 933 333 gallons a year (14 844 444 gallons a day)

Back on topic, i can't wait for info either.Which, if you believe the steryotypes, is about the amount of beer australians drink per day....

Mouzafphaerre
02-06-2006, 10:15
Armchairs can design games? Cool beans! :laugh4:

Just FYI, I for one am not posting on M2TW because I don't feel I'm qualified to answer questions on the game.

My colleagues in Oz are reading the forums btw, so don't think that because there's silence you're being ignored!
~:thumb:

Mooks
02-06-2006, 14:17
I have a vague british accent, all the losers in school go around saying "Is it tea time yet"...I once was called a stupid british idiot :sweatdrop: Im in 8th grade though.

Zatoichi
02-06-2006, 14:51
I have a vague british accent, all the losers in school go around saying "Is it tea time yet"...I once was called a stupid british idiot :sweatdrop: Im in 8th grade though.

Well, here in Blighty, our stiff upper lips protect us from childish insults - sticks and stones and all that.

Now, I feel vaguely responsible for derailing this fine topic way back when I started in with all the national stereotyping malarchy, so to get back on topic:

Now that PC Zone etc have been released into the wild, is there any chance we will get some visits from down under to fuel our speculation of this new game?

Now if you'll excuse me, the kettle has just boiled. I must finish my cucumber sandwiches and return to my croquet on the lawn. Pip pip!

Roberto
02-08-2006, 21:50

Well technically they are insulting themselves :oops:

And whats wrong with the British!:furious3:

Martok
02-08-2006, 22:53
And whats wrong with the British!

Nothing, unless you know something I don't. ~;p

As Holybandit said, though, he's in 8th grade. While it's been a little while since I was that young, I still remember that kids that age tend to be pretty cruel, and will use just about any excuse to make fun of someone. Sad, but true.... ~:(

Troy Lawton
02-09-2006, 04:42
Well I am drinking beer right now and defrosting steak for my barbie tonight!!!

snevets
02-09-2006, 05:52
Proving that the org gets all ages.

Good luck with MTW II CA, I'm already turning over the modding possibilities and I sure hope the thought of abandoning this loyal modding community doesn't cross your minds.