PDA

View Full Version : About to die?!

edyzmedieval
01-28-2006, 12:40
I heard some rumours that AOVAF:TW is about to die because of lack of members. Is it true?! :embarassed: :no:

Rodion Romanovich
01-28-2006, 13:35
Our lack of skinners has been critical, but now I'm not sure about some members who haven't shown up in a while. It might not mean they've quit though, but if we lose any of our 2 skinners we're doomed. If not, or if any more skinners would join, AoVaF will continue to progress. We're doing well with the coding after some better organization and new members who have joined, but I personally am bogged down by a lot of work IRL.

edyzmedieval
01-28-2006, 13:39
Gotcha.

I hope you guys won't die....

Csatadi
01-28-2006, 14:46
Im too young to die. Just about me.~D

Stormy
01-29-2006, 07:19
Oh goodness, I hope not. I want this mod. Everything I've seen for this mod so far looks excellent. :bow:

Rodion Romanovich
01-29-2006, 10:07
Well we're not exactly scrapping it right now. We're as a matter of fact continuing coding and stuff although perhaps a little more slowly. Maybe we'll get a skinner or two when we can present a beta with most coding done but only about 40% of all unit skins/models done?

Germanicus91
01-29-2006, 17:01
Hi guys,

Of all the many envisaged or realized mods or adaptations of RTW, this one is the one that excites me the most.
I loved VI for MTW and I really hope this excellent-looking mod goes ahead!!

Cheers! Germanicus91

Meneldil
01-29-2006, 19:49
We all do so. I've been a bit unmotivated lately, but that's not the first time. I'll be back and fully working after a few days of rest. Alas, we're still looking for more people.

Germanicus91
01-29-2006, 20:02
I'd be willing to make a modest financial contribution towards this mod - I already did so for RTR - if that would help.

I'd love to help in other ways too, but I have zero knowledge of programming, scripting or modding.

By profession, I'm a translator of Scandinavian languages and German into English, and I studied Viking Age sources at uni, so maybe I can help a bit with the background research?

Meneldil
01-29-2006, 22:01
We don't need money but manpower. Thanks for the proposition though. If you're really willing to help, have a look at the different tutorial. Modding RTW doesn't need any technical requirement.

Germanicus91
01-30-2006, 01:17
We don't need money but manpower. Thanks for the proposition though. If you're really willing to help, have a look at the different tutorial. Modding RTW doesn't need any technical requirement.

Thanks, I'll take a look at the tutorials. What kinds of things might you want help with?

Germanicus91
01-30-2006, 01:21
Thanks, I'll take a look at the tutorials. What kinds of things might you want help with?

OK, next question - where would I find the tutorials and which ones do you mean?

Note that I'd also love to be a beta-tester. People say I've got an analytical mind and I'm a good administrator.

Cheers!

Meneldil
01-30-2006, 11:22
The Tutos are here (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=77).

We're mostly looking for someone who could edit units' stats.

edyzmedieval
01-30-2006, 13:11
Looks like Skeletor hasn't logged in for more than 14 days!!!

Germanicus91
01-30-2006, 13:13

Thanks, I'll take a look at stat modding tools. I think I could help you with this.

Ragnor_Lodbrok
01-30-2006, 15:26

What exactly is there to do? Just editing special abilities, attack, etc.?

Rodion Romanovich
01-30-2006, 18:10

Plus we're looking for someone to skin and model units. We have 2, but it probably isn't enough. If we don't get more we might make our first beta release without all the correct skins using BI skins for placeholders :embarassed:

For unit stats, we have one at the moment but more would be useful. Just remember that we need to finish a unit list version before any unit editing is possible to begin with, so we really can't get unit editing started until in a week or two from now.

Meneldil
01-30-2006, 18:51
What exactly is there to do? Just editing special abilities, attack, etc.?

Mostly yes. Editing defense, armours and stuffs like that.

skeletor
01-31-2006, 13:34
I have moved, and have been without internet access in the last month, but i can still work with skins and models at home, and upload them at the uni..

-Skel-

Ragnor_Lodbrok
01-31-2006, 14:51
Mostly yes. Editing defense, armours and stuffs like that.
I'd like to help your mod. I edited a few unit stats, nothing really big, but i'd gladly try to help you. ~:)

LaCroix
02-01-2006, 09:40
Well, I am a software engineer. Mabe I could help with coding and editing units.

But, I have never done this in RTW.

How is it done and what software is needed ?
I think I will need some kind of extractor and then?
Hex editing or Plain-text editing?

Thomas

Ragnor_Lodbrok
02-01-2006, 16:06
You won't need any further software, such as an editor or extractor and the files are just plain text. The file containg the unit stats ( export_descr_unit.txt ) has all the explanation you need.

Rodion Romanovich
02-01-2006, 16:13
Ragnar Lodbrok and LaCroix, when our unit list is ready we can get you started and we'll really appreciate your help

LaCroix
02-01-2006, 16:21
You have my sword, Sir. :charge:

Ragnor_Lodbrok
02-01-2006, 17:09
You have my keyboard, Sire! :D

Germanicus91
02-01-2006, 19:40
You have my keyboard, Sire! :D

Me too. I should have some time when you're ready with the unit stats to help you :-)

Justiciar
02-02-2006, 04:05
Moddeath!? Well that would be a bloody travesty!