PDA

View Full Version : Celtic building effect question

blacksnail
01-29-2006, 01:50
Hi,

I noticed the following building effects when perusing the EDB file for the type1 government types:

construction_cost_bonus_religious bonus 2 requires factions { gauls, }
construction_cost_bonus_military bonus 2 requires factions { gauls, }

In theory the first reduces the cost for religious-type buildings and the second reduces the cost for conscription-type buildings by 5% per integer. This applies to most barbarian type1 buildings of Celtic origin. I started a game as the Aedui to test it but there was no cost reduction in a type1 settlement for constructing a Cabridosaer Atracomos in a city without a governor's presence. The base cost for all city_barracks is 9000/12 turns, which is what all Cabridosaer Atracomos in the initial Aedui game display. The military building discount does not appear to be working.

Additionally, the Eponaminu cost is 3136 which is a 2% (64) mnai discount from the standard price of 3200. This is presumably supposed to be a 10% (320) mnai discount, meaning this religious building should cost 2880 mnai. Is this correct?

Dol Guldur's EDB Guide (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=50439) seems to indicate the number is supposed to be a percentage between 1-100 instead of a standard bonus where each integer = 5%. Additionally, construction_cost_bonus_military is ostensibly broken. This would seem to be the case from testing, or perhaps the military bonus operates differently than Dol Guldur suggested.

The only other time I've seen this bonus used is with Koinon Hellenon's type1:

construction_cost_bonus_military bonus -1 requires factions { greek_cities, }
construction_time_bonus_military bonus -1 requires factions { greek_cities, }

What is the desired effect for Koinon Hellenon? That the military buildings cost more and take longer to build? Or that they cost slightly less and are constructed faster? With the severe growth and trade penalties my assumption is they are supposed to be beneficial for the player, but I could be wrong. I will update text accordingly in the E_B.txt edit thread if applicable

Thanks!