PDA

View Full Version : RTR: I missed the senate

son_pacho
01-30-2006, 18:45
Just to share my Total War experiences.

I recently uninstalled Rome: Total Realism(RTR) 6.0 Gold and reinstalled Rome: Total War 1.0...

I missed the Senate.

In RTR I was able to get all of these 'traits' and 'retinues' but...it seemed hollow...

What difference did it make if I got all these Priests/etc which raised Influence/Management if they were NEVER going to be rewarded...with anything.

econ21
01-30-2006, 19:02
Yes, I liked the direction given by the Senate, plus I like the climactic civil war. But still, RTR has sufficient compensations to outweigh that, IMO.

Dead Knight of the Living
02-02-2006, 18:34
I'm with both of you on that. I like RTR overall better than normal RTW, but I did miss the Senate and the other two factions. My very first campaign on RTW ever was as the Julii and when it came time to go to war with the other Roman factions the game escalated to a whole new level of excitement for me.

YOu go from fighting Gauls, Germans Britons and Iberians who all are nowhere near a match for you to fighting the greatest armies in the world. The Romans.

I also must admit that RTR's use of the actual names of the units... IE calling a German soldier a Frankic Hatzersplatz (or whatever they are) versus the original RTW that would've named it a Germanic Spearmen or something more down to earth like that.... kind of prevents me from doing something in message boards I always loved doing. THat is describing battles I've had. I can't retain the new names they've given these units. Though I am trying to get them down.

BelgradeWar
02-02-2006, 19:16
Honestly, the Senate bothered me most of the time. Missions were okay, but I hated the reputation descriptions (something like "people spit on you in the streets" - FFS I had 30 provinces and countless armies, I would LOVE to see someone spitting at me), and of course the last harikiri demand...don't really miss it in RTR.

I'm playing Ptolemaic campaign anyway :P

scorillo
02-07-2006, 12:29
Anyone played RTR 6.1 or higher ??....I like the fact that they added Illyria...but I heard they removed Dacia and added Thracia instead !! Is that true ?
What kind of TOTAL REALISM it is, if they done that..

econ21
02-07-2006, 12:35
I'm playing RTR 6 Gold as Rome at the moment - and yes the Thracians have replaced Dacia. I was rather shocked to encounter them near Venice and in Switzerland. It turns out that they have become the European superpower (after me, of course) and even have Macedon (which I thought used to be the one to beat in RTR) as a protectorate.

scorillo
02-07-2006, 12:48
:inquisitive: ~:eek: RTR they surely ruined things with this one