PDA

View Full Version : CWC Shogun Contest

Tomisama
01-31-2006, 03:49
Seriously considering putting together a STW Warlord Clan Wars Competition.

Will probably have to be a 2v2, maybe more?

Would like to have at least 4 Clans to start this off.

Any thoughts :grin:

(and yes it can be done :wink: )

AggonyDuck
01-31-2006, 09:21
Sounds like a rather good idea although I'd skip the thing with clans though and replace them with teams that players cuild build between themselves. As far as I know the current MI community is largely Ronin based, so you might end up with max 1-2 clan teams. Anyways if you do plan to host this tourney, then Aggony will offer you with atleast 1 team or even 2 if we can find enough MI players. :2thumbsup:

Just A Girl
01-31-2006, 16:43
Its suprizingly dificult to get the players for a tourny.

I have tried to create 3 so far.
the 1st went well.
the second had little interest,
And this time ive decided to give away a prize to the winner to entice more in,

I think you will be suprized at the lac of interest you will receve.
Even after hosts of messages aproving the idea,

AggonyDuck
01-31-2006, 17:09
I believe it's more a problem of not advertising in the right place really.
But anyways I figure already 4 teams would be a decent amount.

Tomisama
02-01-2006, 04:14
Sounds like a rather good idea although I'd skip the thing with clans though and replace them with teams that players cuild build between themselves. As far as I know the current MI community is largely Ronin based, so you might end up with max 1-2 clan teams. Anyways if you do plan to host this tourney, then Aggony will offer you with atleast 1 team or even 2 if we can find enough MI players.
The problem with Ronin is the permanence of partnership, as these Contests can take anywhere from 4 to even 6 months, depending on the number of contestant Teams. And that the Teams have to have some basic structure, and an official spokesperson.

But then again in our current Medieval Competition we have one Clan made up of Ronin players (VETS), that banded together especially to participate in the Contest. The same could be true here. Who knows?

It looks like the Hunters will have 1 or 2 Teams also :smile:

Its suprizingly dificult to get the players for a tourny.

I have tried to create 3 so far.
the 1st went well.
the second had little interest,
And this time ive decided to give away a prize to the winner to entice more in,

I think you will be suprized at the lac of interest you will receve.
Even after hosts of messages aproving the idea,
I have been running massive 4v4 Total War Contests for three years now. Over a hundred Clans having joined our Clan Wars Association over that period. Currently there are over seventy listed, who have signed up since the beginning of Rome alone. At our busiest, we have managed to have as many as six* Contests running simultaneously. Not that there haven’t be failures (2 out of 16 Contests did not make it for different reasons), but I think the overall track record is pretty good :wink:

I believe it's more a problem of not advertising in the right place really.
But anyways I figure already 4 teams would be a decent amount.
For this last Medieval Competition, I went door to door (Clans), and posted large advertisements on all of the major community forums (see Knights Of Valour below).

http://www.totalwar.org/index.php?start_from=6&ucat=&archive=&subaction=&id=&

But it was the door to door that really brought them in.

*Edit: I’m sorry, six Contests were posted, but only four were actually "in progress" at the same time. Don’t want to misrepresent any possibilities…

Drisos
02-01-2006, 16:13
Perhaps the 47Ronin would get a team together as well... but if we want to I first need to get shogun working again, trajan needs to get a new copy, methos needs to get over here again, and anskar needs to find some time.

Perhaps some Bears would like to join... I've been hanging around their forums for a while and they say they're intrested in shogun but I still haven't seen one of them in the foyer...:no: :embarassed:

Trajanus
02-02-2006, 09:41
damnit the 47's would be there if any of us could get some time or actually connect!

Will see what we can do. Sounds like a great idea to get the ball rolling again.

Just A Girl
02-03-2006, 03:33
Hey drisos.
7bear7Bottom has been in the foyer :P
Although that was a little while ago,

But atleast its a glimmer of hope

Drisos
02-03-2006, 07:32
I know he was Januari 2005... But has he been in lately as well?

Hunter KIng George
02-06-2006, 00:00
Tomi,
After a couple of games today, (which were very fun) you can count me in if this contest goes thru...I agree a CWC based tourny would be great!
These guys deserve it! And I do believe by advertising this as you did with KOV we should have a good response...build it and they will come. ~;) (I hope)

Tomisama
02-06-2006, 02:26
Thanks George :grin:

The games we had to day were excellent weren’t they. This is a wonderful game, that feels more real to me than any of those that followed. It just has a natural flow to it.

Yes, "build it and they will come" has pretty much the CWC theory of operation all along. I will work on it this next week an see what can arranged :wink:

Just A Girl
02-06-2006, 13:47
I know he was Januari 2005... But has he been in lately as well?

usegi are a good clan to begin with.
IMO.
I like there starting position and they get cheap archers.
which is Great for a good start.

Shimazu must be my most played clan.
just start and go to war. Take out mori and the rebels 1st.
And you have only 2-3 provinces that need heavy defending.
Then you can build at your leasure.

Mori are quite similar.
being on thet thin strip of land, You need onl defend a few provinces hevily.

Was my server running then? I cant recall how long it has been running but due to the date shown for trish joining the org.
I dont think That my server was running in january 05.

I Think I remember,
Toga. and some 1 (sorry i forget) v's Me and bottom.
And that was on my server i belive.

So that would be March or aipril 05.
Also Bottom has gracfully alowed me to be able to contact him when ever i notice games are about to comence,
which he states he will join If he has the time.

so I believe there is a possibilaty for the 7bear7's to join in.
Although,
This is just speculation on my part.
And the fact that i mentioned this should have no real bearing on any thing,
as i am not afiliated with 7bear7 or any other clan and cannot possibly comment on there MP policies.

:bow:

Just A Girl
02-06-2006, 13:51
Where did that second quote come from???
Any way.
Please ignore the second quote...
Im prety sure i did not add it.
And at the very least i did not try to.

Drisos
02-06-2006, 16:07
Hmmm not sure. Toga told me he and Anskar had a game vs. Heavysword and Bottom, and it must have been at the time I started.. so somewhere around Jan 2005. I think it was on Tosa server... I don't recall ever seeing Heavy on your server.

Hiya King George! good to hear you're in as well! :bow:

Tomisama
02-07-2006, 04:20
http://www.clanwarscomp.org/shogun/cwcshogun.jpg

Coming Attractions :smile:

Togakure
02-07-2006, 05:31
Yep, back in September or so I played a few good games over a week with Bottom, Heavy, Duckie, Shakakhan, Anskar, Drisos, Methos, Shambles, Trish, etc. I know some of the Bears still have and play Shoggie, and many of the Aggonies too. It's been nice to see Kansuke back in the mix too (hiya Kans).

I strongly encourage active (and dormant) 47 Ronin to participate in this event! There are some great veteran players from other clans thinking about playing, most of whom have been absent from Shogun, and it's a good opportunity to demonstrate what a fun, talented Shoggie group we have. I'll make it a point to try and get the attention of members who have been away for a bit, to see if they will play.

Hmm ...it's good that I cannot play right now--I would have a bit of a conflict. Until this proposed event, the Hunters have been an exclusively Medieval clan, and the 47s an exclusively Shogun "group." Now, it looks like there will be a crossover, and I belong to both groups ... gah. Thus far I have been able to belong to both without a conflict of interest. I'll have to bring up the issue with the Hunter council. Hopefully I won't have to choose between these two very fine groups, as I enjoy both very much.

Trajanus
02-07-2006, 05:35
I'm sure something can be worked out Toga, no need to worry over it! ~:)

Togakure
02-07-2006, 16:49
Not worried about it really. Just writing what came to mind as I read this thread. I'm as good as retired anyway so it doesn't really matter. And I know what I will do, in any case. Good luck getting this going everyone--sounds fun. 2v2 tourney is the way to go.

Tomisama
02-08-2006, 03:20
Toga-san,
I’m not on the Hunter Council, but know our Clan to be extremely community minded, and totally supportive of our members.
:wink:

I was going to say that we may be edging towards a 3v3, but think a 2v2, with as many two person Teams as a Clan whishes to enter (same Clan Teams will not have to fight each other), will work very well.

This will be the most flexible tourney we have ever held. With 2 Battles per Round, if a Team wins at least one Battle, their Clan will gain a Team slot in the next Round. Players will only be restricted to changing Teams within a Round (once you play for one of your Clan’s Teams, you cannot play for another in the same Round), but besides that, Teams can be composed of any of their Clan members, at any point in the Competition.

With all of the possibilities for multiple same Clan Teams, there will still be only one Emissary from each Clan to arrange Match meeting times. But even this will not be too much of a burden, as this will be a strictly “no in game rules” Contest. Arranging times will be the Emissary’s only duty.

I hope this sounds interesting to everybody.

Hunter KIng George
02-08-2006, 04:57
TOGA!

I knew I would see you here soon...:laugh4: I thought about this topic long time ago...you had mentioned this before and when I finally logged on this past Sunday, it tapped into my mind again. As much as the Hunters would love for you to represent us in STW (if you were able to play), I think you owe it to your old m8's the ronins and would only be right to represent them in STW especially in this kind of a tourny! As you said Hunters are mostly MTW/VI with a couple of us jumping into RTW/BI from time to time, so no worries m8...just wished you were able to play regardless which side you were on for this tourny. ~:(

P.s. Thx for the nomination Toga and the vote Tomi...I am now part of the council! wooo hooo!~:cheers:
And Hi Drisos! ~:wave:

Togakure
02-08-2006, 05:21
TOGA!

I knew I would see you here soon...:laugh4: I thought about this topic long time ago...you had mentioned this before and when I finally logged on this past Sunday, it tapped into my mind again. As much as the Hunters would love for you to represent us in STW (if you were able to play), I think you owe it to your old m8's the ronins and would only be right to represent them in STW especially in this kind of a tourny! As you said Hunters are mostly MTW/VI with a couple of us jumping into RTW/BI from time to time, so no worries m8...just wished you were able to play regardless which side you were on for this tourny. ~:(

P.s. Thx for the nomination Toga and the vote Tomi...I am now part of the council! wooo hooo!~:cheers:
Thanks George and Tomi. I didn't really think it would be an issue, but I couldn't just pretend not to notice it either. If I could play, I owe it to my wingmate Anskar to double up with him in a 2v2. He's my wingmate--what more need be said ... . However, in a subsequent tourney it would be fun to request permission from the 47s to play as a Hunter against them (most of them would prolly laugh and look forward to stomping me as they have many times before). It would be fun, as long as they were all cool with it.

I favor 2v2s for a few reasons: the Shogun maps are smaller, and 3v3s tend to turn into a lineup-shoot-and wait for the losers of the ranged battle to make a mistake. 2v2 offers a lot more in terms of manuever-related tactics. Also, depending on who is hosting, performance can sometimes be an issue (though mainly for 4v4 in Shoggie, not so much 3v3). 4v4s in Shoggie are not really doable imo--too much lag, and everyone is so tightly packed at battle begin that it's fast and furious, with reaction speed being more important than strategy and tactics. But that's just my take.

Kansuke
02-08-2006, 10:49
Hi All,

Count me in, I am very very rusty after nearly 2 year abscence but keen:2thumbsup:

Hi Toga, hopefully I see you guys this Sunday.

Mim, you wanna get out of retirement for this tourny?

Kans..

Sasaki Kojiro
02-09-2006, 04:30
Mim, you wanna get out of retirement for this tourny?

Kans..

Temptation is too strong to resist...

that's why I left my games at home lol

Drisos
02-09-2006, 08:53
that's why I left my games at home lol

well, only pick stw ~;):laugh4:

R'as al Ghul
02-10-2006, 13:00
I already posted this here (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?p=1063572#post1063572)

Teams can be sponsored by Clans, and also be created by Ronin players.

More on this very soon. Hopefully this weekend I will have Rules and Sign-Up posted.

Salute!

Konnichiwa!

If you accept Ronin players in this tournament, I'd gladly
sharpen my dotanuki battlesword and volunteer as a partner
for any Ronin without one.
I've to say though that I'm a bit rusty at the moment.
I haven't ploayed in months.

Shin-GaiJin
02-10-2006, 13:27
I would like to be included but as the last remaining 'active' Shinkage player, I will need to find a partner.I will post when I find one:shakehands:

ShinGaiJin

Drisos
02-10-2006, 17:16
Well you can ask Iguana if he finally finished tech problems on his computer~;)

arcade81
02-10-2006, 22:09
another player interested here?

Not affliated with a clan, so will need a partner also. :help:

Tomisama
02-13-2006, 00:43
Though the Rules have not been settled yet, the Shogun Contest Roster (for Clans), and the Shogun Ronin Register (for individuals), have been posted for Sign-Up.

http://p219.ezboard.com/bclanwars3540

:wink:

Kansuke
02-13-2006, 10:51
Signed up!

Tomisama
02-14-2006, 04:46
Official announcement will be made tomorrow.

http://www.clanwarscomp.org/shogun/announce.jpg

Three Clans have already made reservations for at least one Team each :wink:

http://www.clanwarscomp.org

AggonyBetou
02-14-2006, 11:54
Will be fun!
Hi there Toga! long time no see, Im back in game and looking 4ward to see ya there! Hope u will get back to game:)

Kansuke
02-15-2006, 10:07
Howl,

Magyar Khan has expressed his interest in these battles, therefore, maybe expect more than 1 Wolves team:2thumbsup:

Tomisama
02-15-2006, 13:31
I certainly hope Magy does come, then it will truly be like “old times” :grin:

Sorry for the delay in getting this kicked off, but Valentine’s day doings has set things back a day.

Also, I have been wrestling with the Rules. And looking back over the last months games and testing, have pretty much decided to go with a 7k 4 max, on the original maps. This seems to be the most popular format, and has provided the most fun and longest lasting 2v2 games I personally have played in over that time.

Though we wont be available for SOS until late this coming weekend (Medieval Match with Chaos), the Hunters will definitely be sponsoring at least one Team for the Shogun Competition :smile:

Tomisama
02-22-2006, 04:42
Ready, aim, fire!

http://www.clanwarscomp.org/shogun/fire.jpg

Five Teams signed to date, and time is getting short.

Ronin looking to form Teams, or to hire on as a Retainer for a Clan?
Please post your intentions on our Shogun Ronin Register, for maximum visability :wink:

Don't miss this :horn:

Stoicblitzer
02-28-2006, 00:20
im getting ready to post that we are IN tomi-sama. i just need confirmation from our emissary or Adviser. i will get it to you ASAP m8.

RTK Faaris

Tomisama
03-02-2006, 02:12
Gotcha signed :smile:

We are starting today with eight Teams, and one in the wings.

Sign-Up is not closed yet, but we will only be bringing Teams on in twos from now until it is.

At some point we will have to decline entries. There will still be stand-by after that, but you never know how that will work out.

Please do not wait too long if you want to get in on this :charge:

All forums marked "Open To All" are just that. Just post your intentions, and we will take care of the rest :2thumbsup:

Trajanus
03-02-2006, 06:06
Good luck to all teams, hopefully the 47s can get a team in before the ultimate deadline if another team wishes to join also.

Bring back the honour of STW to our TW community! Go forth and kill! :)

HiPlnzDrifta
03-02-2006, 09:13
heya Trajanus,

Tiger clan entered a team and i believe that makes 9... so i think you would be the tenth if you can get that team up and running m8...

btw thanks Tomi!

Hunter KIng George
03-02-2006, 19:54
I was wondering when the 47ths would jump on the bandwagon....they should seriously be in this tourny. :2thumbsup:

Togakure
03-03-2006, 03:51
I haven't been able to get in touch with the 47s who've been absent for a while. I'll see if I can dig up e-mails for Zipper, Methos, PeePee and E-Menel. Ishida and I are still in contact. He is a busy guy, but maybe if I ply him with notions of representing the group's "honor" he will get his Spanish arse on his Arabian stallion and ride to meet you all. Same with Anskar-- except he's a Swedish arse and God knows what kind of horse--prolly a South American burro (cracks up at the thought of Anskar "Donkey Hoatie" riding into battle: Banzai!! Eee-yawww, Eee-yawww, Eee-yaww!!!).

I know Ishi was in contact with Schazzacass recently, but I don't know if Schazz has the time or inclination to play. Same with Heavy Sword.

I still chat with TenkiSoratoti (Panda) on MSN from time to time. If he wasn't skiing in Austria for the next 3 months, I'd bet that he'd be into this, given the skill level of some of the players who are planning to participate. But given a choice between virtual sprite battles and white powder and blush-cheeked babes, what would you choose?

Aggonies--has anyone talked to Yoguish? I still chat with her from time to time on MSN too. She's always prefered Shogun over the other TW games.

Drisos, it is a DAMN shame that you (and I) cannot play right now ... . Sucks, m8, sucks. Anyway, I'll do what I can to interest the others.

Edit: ok, I sent out a mailer to everyone on my old STW contact list of about 20 people. I don't even remember who all of them are lol, but I explained what you're trying to do here and provided a link, and some encouragement. Hopefully some will pop in.

Trajanus
03-03-2006, 07:41
Have purchased STW/WE in the UK, and am having it sent to me here. (I know its blasphemy that I brought my old case but not the cd) It will take a week or two though unfortunately.

Hopefully by then another 47 will be able to play.

Tomisama
03-04-2006, 18:32
I certainly hope that you can make it Trajan-san.

Let me know as soon as you know for sure clanwars@hotmail.com

Tomi

Plublic Notice:

The Rules for this Contest have been updated to v1.1.

http://p219.ezboard.com/fclanwars3540frm70.showMessage?topicID=2.topic

The change was the addition of the following.

Individual armys are restricted to a maximum of 4 of the same unit, and corner camping is expressly prohibited. No private agreements on rules are allowed.

No big deal to anyone I hope. But we did need place a limit and clarify the above.

Thanks!

AggonyDuck
03-04-2006, 20:30
Aggonies--has anyone talked to Yoguish? I still chat with her from time to time on MSN too. She's always prefered Shogun over the other TW games.

Well she has been able to see on our forums posts about this contest. But as far as I know she is not interested in competitive play and she's currently "Duxing" away in VI....:no:

So I guess she won't join us for this tournament, but we will field two teams anyways. :2thumbsup:

Drisos
03-06-2006, 17:21
Indeed a big shame we can't play Toga... it would be a dream coming true playing in such tourney for the 47's, really. Well, hopefully there'll be a second CWC contest (hint-hint at tomisama) and we can manage to get in that one. :) I really enjoyed the time we played some fun games and had some good chats... lets hope we can get ourselves, and indeed also others (who are now being lazy ;) :P) back in 'the game'. :)

Tomisama, I don't know how to thank you. 'for what??' Just for this CWC contest... it seems to be just what it needed to get the intrest for shogun back... lets hope even more people join.

I'd like to say, very much luck and pleasure to all contestants... fight in honour! :) Thanks for joining shogun again, and hope to meet you on the battlefield later on...

Trajanus
03-08-2006, 07:36
I will have my copy of WE in 6 days or so. So sometime next week I should be up and running hopefully.

So on that note, I am calling for a fellow 47th to join me.

Drisos
03-08-2006, 08:12
Do you have Anskar's e-mail? he's the only 'active' who can log in atm... but he's quite busy mostly I think. Perhaps you can play with Methos... if he only drops by again.

Trajanus
03-08-2006, 11:38
If not perhaps I will enlist a Ronin to play with, if anyone is interested.

Makes me laugh since we are 47 Ronin, anyway.

Drisos
03-08-2006, 13:39
hehe yeah... hope we get an all-47 team though.

Togakure
03-09-2006, 16:37
One of the beauties of a ronin group--we can team up with non-affiliated ronin if the tourney allows it.

I know Anskar has STW running and can access the fakeserver (at least, he could the last time I chatted with him). I think for him it's a matter of being able to afford the time. We should be able to get his attention before this event begins, and if he can afford the time, perhaps he and Trajan can team up and represent the 47s. Other ronin have expressed interest here too so ... there are options.

AggonyBetou
03-17-2006, 11:00
I can try get ansky in,,,i know he aint so much of a competition fan but ill do my best...who wants to team up with him if...?

Trajanus
03-17-2006, 11:19
Hopefully I can team up with him when I get my copy of the game.

All Friend Anskar
03-17-2006, 19:32
Hi girls!

I have found the way in to here ......

So wazup?!

I have heard that my team need´s me, is it true?

I will look in to this and c if i can finde some time to join the comp.

As u know i work a lot, and if i join this comp. i can play at weekends i think.

but i bbl for more information

You can read all about how to be a good player, but to be one is something else

Friend Anskar

Togakure
03-18-2006, 02:35
~:)

AggonyBetou
03-18-2006, 20:14
Hi TOga:bow: ~:cheers: :duel: ?

Togakure
03-18-2006, 23:51
Hi TOga:bow: ~:cheers: :duel: ?
HELLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLALLALALALAALALA!
G G G G G Grrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeenliiiiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhht!!
Go go go go go go go go GO!!!

Ah, the memories. Those were GOOD TIMES. Nice to see you active again Betou sensei. All the best.

Trajanus
03-19-2006, 04:58
Ah good things are looking up. Still waiting for my copy of the game, it should be here any day now.

Shaka_Khan
03-21-2006, 16:03
May I join in without a teammate so that I could take more koku? ~D

Trajanus
03-22-2006, 08:19
haha... but would it be a bonus? Are you good at fighting 2v1's Shaka?

Shaka_Khan
03-22-2006, 10:35
I've done it many times with success. Be in the right position and move fast. ~:thumb:

Drisos
03-22-2006, 15:46
bleh... iirc I'm yet to play the first 2v1 game in which the 'alone' player didn't win. it's not fair, I'm afraid..

Trajanus
03-23-2006, 07:43
Shambles and I have managed to overcome Shin Gaijin in a 2v1, although it was damn close!

Kudos on the memory of that game Gaijin it was a superb battle.

Sasaki Kojiro
03-26-2006, 06:58
I always thought the 'alone' player was at a disadvantage. We used to have the 2 players bring only 8 units to get around that.

AggonyDuck
03-30-2006, 22:13
Kans and Drifta, could you check my time suggestion on the CWC forums?

HiPlnzDrifta
04-02-2006, 07:21
ummm duck m8, forgive me if i am wrong but isnt shambles server down at the moment...

he appears quite miffed to say the least and i believe one of us will have to host the game on our own server if we want it to continue...

btw i would really like to play at 18:00 gmt sunday as that is 4 am monday morning for me... mondays are very busy as i am getting the kids ready for their first day of a week at school an i would prefer to play the games before they wake up...

cheers

AggonyDuck
04-02-2006, 14:17
Hmmmm, then it might be better to actually postpone the game for next weekend, so that we can actually find a time that works for all of us. Especially if Shambles server is down.

Tomisama
04-02-2006, 15:42
We will move the Tournament over to Yuuki's 10b version of the STW mod for Medieval.

Same maps, with the same attack direction, 10k with no upgrades.

This will also allow us to upgrade from a 2v2 to a 4v4 standard CWC format.

After some serious consideration, it is the “only” reasonable solution.

Without a permanent server people can’t practice, and the chance for a growing Shogun community is nonexistent.

And even with Shambles server up, many people could not connect, so it was a limited proposition from the beginning.

My Salute to Shambles :bow: but it’s time to move on.

http://www.clanwarscomp.org/samurai/

All Friend Anskar
04-02-2006, 18:38
Hi guys!

As the time look´s right now i can´t join the contest.
I simply don´t have the time, but i hope this is not the last contest.

Next contest i try harder to finde some time.

So sorry guys ...... :no:

You can read all about how to be a good player, but to be one is something else

Friend Anskar

Tomisama
04-02-2006, 20:40
This will also allow us to upgrade from a 2v2 to a 4v4 standard CWC format.
:oops:
Will have to make it a 3v3 due to map size (same as we did for the Samurai competition).

HiPlnzDrifta
04-03-2006, 21:19
DOH!!!! *Flinches*

but thats not STW???

Tomisama
04-04-2006, 03:29
but thats not STW???
Not literally no :sad:

And I didn’t expect this change to sit well with most of the participants.

In fact I would not be too surprised if the Competition fell apart.

But I had to go with my gut feeling, and my experience with setting up Contests.

I am hoping that everyone concerned will at least give the mod a try.

The folks that produced it, put their Samurai hearts and souls into every phase of it’s long development.

This was a true labor of love, combining what many consider the greatest era, with the best game engine for Total War.

And I personally believe, though it may not be the “original” STW, that it may even be better!

In fact the STW mod for MTW/VI might just be the best Total War modification that there has ever been.

Not that there aren’t other greats, but the look and feel of this masterpiece mod does stand alone for those who's first love was Shogun.

R'as al Ghul
04-04-2006, 08:27
For those who haven't seen it yet, I've set up a new server.
Read here
(https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=63198)

Drisos
04-07-2006, 15:56
I always thought the 'alone' player was at a disadvantage. We used to have the 2 players bring only 8 units to get around that.

oh I see.. hehe. In my experience it was always like that, both players 8 units. In that case I think the alone player has an advantage.

HiPlnzDrifta
04-07-2006, 15:57

well Tomi i gotta say you do a very nice job of selling the samurai mod, however, i feel now that there is a new server why cant we just continue with STW??

i mean wasnt the whole essence to get people more involved in STW and S.O.S...

the controls and the entire feel of samurai mod will be entirely different and will take a lot of getting used to...

even though i am committed to doing this i dont think Kans may be... unless we can go back to STW i'm afraid the Wolves may pull out of the tourney... but dont hold me to that... where there is a will there is a way...

please reconsider Tomi, i doubt switching the tourney over to samurai mod is going to draw more entrants in so i see no real reason why we shouldnt continue as is on Ra's al Ghul's server...

please...

Drisos
04-07-2006, 20:14
Though I'm not on the tournament (:furious3: :wall: ) I agree with Drifta. Let's keep it to STW ~:) :bow:

Hunter KIng George
04-07-2006, 22:46
It would be nice to continue the cwc in STW, but I was rather dissapointed. I was looking forward for more regular stw players to jump on the bandwagon...I understand many that do can't at the moment. Besides the wolves, everyone else who joined the competition is currently active in VI. The stw community deserved a cwc tourny, especially for still being alive for so long. It was a pleasure and fun to meet some of you for the first time and honoring me with some excellent games.

With Respect, King :shame:

HiPlnzDrifta
04-08-2006, 01:28
Heya KingGeorge m8... dont talk like it is over :2thumbsup: c'mon Tomi... lets take it over to Ras server m8...

:2thumbsup:

Drisos
11-22-2006, 15:56
Hi people,

Sorry to bump an old thread but it's rather important! ~:)

We could try to convince Tomi that it is possible to have a CWC Shogun contest. ~:) (details are in this thread) The only way to do so, is have a lot of people willing to play. So... action! :2thumbsup:

http://totalwaronline.com/viewtopic.php?t=438

ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88
11-22-2006, 23:06
I would love to do this m8, once I get MP on STW WE/GE Sorted out, plus if it a 1v1 tournment for CWC, I would do it :-) :-)

TosaInu
11-26-2006, 11:49
Hi people,

Sorry to bump an old thread but it's rather important! ~:)

We could try to convince Tomi that it is possible to have a CWC Shogun contest. ~:) (details are in this thread) The only way to do so, is have a lot of people willing to play. So... action! :2thumbsup:

http://totalwaronline.com/viewtopic.php?t=438

Hello Drisos,

A few are playing SamWars MTW:VI, others are playing STW or STW WE. Basically the same game, but not that many players in either. How about bringing all together in one game?

Trajanus
11-29-2006, 02:42
I agree one game would net a larger market of people so to speak.

It just depends on what games everyone has etc.

TosaInu
11-29-2006, 18:17
I agree one game would net a larger market of people so to speak.

It just depends on what games everyone has etc.

Yes has, able to run, willing to run. Would it be viable to talk about this? If, so it would be a good start to list who plays what.

Drisos
12-04-2006, 11:10
few are playing SamWars MTW:VI, others are playing STW or STW WE. Basically the same game, but not that many players in either. How about bringing all together in one game?

Yes that's what we should be aiming at.. I don't have MTW sadly(and a couple of others don't too I guess), but there's some people not able to log in on the shogun server so both games have it's problems.. which shall we choose? ~:)

TosaInu
12-05-2006, 21:38
Yes that's what we should be aiming at.. I don't have MTW sadly(and a couple of others don't too I guess), but there's some people not able to log in on the shogun server so both games have it's problems.. which shall we choose? ~:)

MTW should be in the salesbin (though it seems to me that the older game STW always was more popular in shop than MTW, I can still buy legal copies of WE, but haven't seen MTW or VI for a while). And I don't recall I ever saw the Medieval Battle collection. But, that may be just me being Japanofiel.

How many people would need MTW VI? Perhaps one or more of the STW players can give it a try?

Trajanus
12-07-2006, 05:27
I have a version of MTW and VI...unfortunately my comp cant run it just yet. Need to wait till xmas to upgrade. I'm happy to play on the VI server with the Shogun Mod if people prefer that.

Trajanus

HAS: STW/WE - MTW/VI
ABLE TO RUN: STW/WE
WILLING TO RUN: STW/WE - MTW/VI

Drisos
12-12-2006, 08:29
I actually don't have any money right now, lol.. but when I do I'll see if I can find MTW somewhere here.. ~;)