PDA

View Full Version : Crash Romani vs Sweboz city assault

Rodion Romanovich
02-02-2006, 10:41
I've had problems before with battles where you fight more than one enemy army. In this particular battle I was assaulting a Sweboz city with about 10 units inside and about 10 units outside, both joining the battle. The odds were maybe good enough to get the imperator trait for the general, who previously had the Conqueror Galli trait. I've now replayed the battle twice with background script on and one without background script, but both times I get a crash when the battle is over and I'm supposed to come back to the campaign map. Would the savegame from just before the assault help you in any way? I really want to take that city before the end of the turn so I have the initiative in the possible 2 Sweboz vs 1 Romani fight, plus I'm not sure I could avoid crash even if I end turn and they attack at the end of the turn...

Malrubius
02-02-2006, 12:06
Yeah, any battle involving two stacks of enemy armies seems to have a high probability of CTD-ing. I've come across it twice, and the battle always crashes after it's over, no matter what I do (with a general or a captain). I bet it is somehow related to the AI-merge CTD.

PseRamesses
02-03-2006, 12:47
Try autocalc or even retreat (if you can). This has solved similar probs for me before.