PDA

View Full Version : List the new features in MTW2...

Bob the Insane
02-02-2006, 11:36
I am interesting in working out what is really new over RTW and BI and MTW for that matter in MTW2.

So far I have spotted:

Agents: We will have Spies, Diplomats, Assassins, Princesses, plus religious figures. They have mentioned priests (plus the Islamic and Pagan equivilants too I guess). Inquisitors have been mentioned too but as agents of the Pope so I am not sure how they will turn up this time.

Settlements: Well everyone knows about the two distinct paths for settlements, either village to city or wooden fort to stone fortress.

Unit Special Abilities: Enhancement of the special abilties of units on the battle field (i.e. even more of them I guess). So far we know that Longbowmen will be able to "plant stakes" which I assume gives tham a big defesive bonus but makes them immobile??

Aminmation: Improvment to the fight animations of the individuals on the battle fields.

Battlefield: Return to the MTW style battlefield with different terrain types on the field (i.e. mud, cliffs)

Battlefield models: No more clone armies!! :2thumbsup: It appears that each unit type will have multiple textures for head, arms, legs, torso and shield and these will be mixed and matched within individual units to remove the clone look.

Zoom: With the above it appears they may be imporving the zoom function to allow you to get in even closer to watch the fighting...

This is over and above what RTW:BI gives us...

Anyone else spot anything more?

Plus any guesses at what the following will translate to in terms of actual features?

"Will you obey the demands of the Papal States, catering to the whims of the Pope? Or shun his requests and risk facing his fearsome Inquisitors or even excommunication? Make a stand against him and you can infiltrate papal affairs by rigging elections."

Bob the Insane
02-02-2006, 11:47
A look at the line:

"Win favour with the Pope and round up your armies for global crusades at his request. Players can even prompt the Pope to commission crusades as Catholicism wages a spiritual battle against the Muslim, Orthodox and Pagan religions."

Gies the impression that Crusades are no longer buildable by the player but rather dictated by the Papal faction. I wonder how this will work?

Dooz
02-02-2006, 13:16
A look at the line:

"Win favour with the Pope and round up your armies for global crusades at his request. Players can even prompt the Pope to commission crusades as Catholicism wages a spiritual battle against the Muslim, Orthodox and Pagan religions."

Gies the impression that Crusades are no longer buildable by the player but rather dictated by the Papal faction. I wonder how this will work?

I'm almost certain it'll work as the Senate missions did in RTW. Perhaps a little tweaking here and there to accommodate whatever needs be, but that'll probably be the way they go about it.

Kalle
02-02-2006, 14:44
Agents: We will have Spies, Diplomats, Assassins, Princesses, plus religious figures. They have mentioned priests (plus the Islamic and Pagan equivilants too I guess). Inquisitors have been mentioned too but as agents of the Pope so I am not sure how they will turn up this time.

Nothing of this is new, all those diffrent "agents" existed in the first MTW. Maybe their options and the way to handle them are diffrent though, hard to say.

Kalle

Zatoichi
02-02-2006, 15:28
Added to the 'archers with anti-cav stakes' ability, I saw in the CVG interview that some units "will allow you to form a wagon circle to protect vulnerable units".

Sounds interesting!

Ignoramus
02-03-2006, 08:41
Multiple rings of wall for castles, and maybe cities too.

Kalle
02-03-2006, 09:58
Sorry to spoil it but we had and have multiple rings of castlewall in original mtw allready so thats not new either. Im sure they will look better though.

Kalle

Braden
02-03-2006, 13:58
What I'm hoping for are just expanded features of the original Medieval. Personally the mechanics of that game were outstanding and should they just add Rome style graphics to that I'd be a happy man!

Anyway, from what's been put out so far it looks like I'm not too far from the truth, although I think they've concentrated on the AI for both campaign and battles (unit by unit and overal). So, rather than fix something that isn't broken they've just taken what they've added to Rome and BI that's found rounded approval and added these features to the new Medieval.

Bob the Insane
02-03-2006, 16:17
I think you are right. The feeling I get when looking over the imformation available is it is as if a group of rabid MTW fans (modders?) where let loose in CA developement to redo MTW with the RTW engine and include anything they thought was missing the first time...

Alexander the Pretty Good
02-04-2006, 02:19
That's not necessarily a bad thing, though I don't think it happened. Which I find somewhat disappointing, actually.