PDA

View Full Version : PC zone preview

The_Doctor
02-02-2006, 19:34
Did anybody get it?

I was, but it cost £5.99. I only had £4.30 on me. Even if I the money £5.99 is a rip off.

Bob the Insane
02-03-2006, 13:36
I wish I could get PCZone in the US, the PC game mags over here really suck...

Monarch
02-03-2006, 16:59
I bought it yesterday. It'd be a safer bet to just flick through it in the shop. The information is all over the net anyway, so I already knew it all. And the big page spread screens where old ones, the knew ones where smaller and all from the same battle, and more often than not the same units. Though they where quite cool.

So yeah, pretty much a waste of my £6. Look at the screens in the shop, cheaper and just as effective.

zakalwe
02-03-2006, 17:03
yeah the info is all out there.

nice to study the screenies closely though

the screenies of the fortress up on top of that mountain were pretty cool, particularly the forces moving up the slope

Glyndwr
02-03-2006, 17:04
My verdict.....dont waste your money on the mag. A total rip off for the price. Nothing in there we dont already know.

Templar Knight
02-03-2006, 17:13
Total let down :no:

PC Zone is rubbish at the best of times but as was said before there is really nothing new and outstanding. They bitched about this being a world exclusive yet we knew most of the stuff weeks before.

gardibolt
02-03-2006, 17:16
But that's mostly because the Internet leaks like a sieve; if you hadn't seen all those screenshots before, it would have been enjoyable, wouldn't it? Not their fault they can't update a print magazine as fast as the Net.

Monarch
02-03-2006, 17:31
But that's mostly because the Internet leaks like a sieve; if you hadn't seen all those screenshots before, it would have been enjoyable, wouldn't it? Not their fault they can't update a print magazine as fast as the Net.

But those wern't 'leaked' screens, CA released them. So PCZ knew people will already have access to them, IMO they should have made the exclusive ones the huge ones. Oh and the writing - I dont usually read pc magazines (internet serves purposes for me) but it is usually so...bad. The guy spent more time talking about the streak of urine leaving his trouser leg when he heard he was getting the scoop, than about the actual game. I'm not going to buy another PCZ magazine again, ever :laugh4:

Mount Suribachi
02-03-2006, 20:43
the screenies of the fortress up on top of that mountain were pretty cool, particularly the forces moving up the slope

Yeah, that looked really cool, with the narrow path with the steep dropoff either side leading to the mountaintop castle. That one looked like a tough nut to crack!

But other than that, nothing we don't already know. And the article was padded by all the inane waffling that is de riguer in PC Mags these days. y'know, like how the first 3 paragraphs of a review they spend talking about some girl they went out with when they were 15 and living in Merthyr Tydfill :wall: Tell me about the game dammit!!!

Templar Knight
02-03-2006, 20:50

The screenshots were sweet, but the writers article was bull