PDA

View Full Version : Protectorates-client kingdoms.

Mooks
02-03-2006, 14:25
They should make it in this new game where the enemy almost has to join you. Back then people valued their lives more highly then lets say...1province and a completely bankrupt economy. The resistance to being a protectorate in RTW and Bi was a joke.

Thoughts? Ill post more later.

The Blind King of Bohemia
02-03-2006, 14:35
I think to get a good vassel system to work every rebel town or city should act independently, so you could have some rebels towns being your allies and helping you out in times of war. Rebels fighting rebels as well. I know it would be difficult to do but it would make the game so much better and realistic

zakalwe
02-03-2006, 14:36
yes, easier certainly. i don't think that you should have to do militarily bully a faction into being a vassal (better term than protectorates for this period, i'd say).

if a faction has been weakened or is under threat by others, they should ask to be your vassal.

eg - a faction is down to its last city and is being besieged. your king receives an envoy begging for you to intervene and in exchange for you lifting the siege, they will swear to be your vassals. You sent your army in, defeat their enemy and that faction is now your vassal and close military ally.

A high influence or piety of your ruler would help influence this. If a shitty heir came to the throne with a bad influence, the faction might break its vassalage.

Philippus Flavius Homovallumus
02-03-2006, 15:06
Yes, I think that sounds like the best way to work it. In RTW I think it is more appropriate to have a higher resistance but times have changed by 1080.

Orda Khan
02-03-2006, 18:15
yes, easier certainly. i don't think that you should have to do militarily bully a faction into being a vassal (better term than protectorates for this period, i'd say).

if a faction has been weakened or is under threat by others, they should ask to be your vassal.

eg - a faction is down to its last city and is being besieged. your king receives an envoy begging for you to intervene and in exchange for you lifting the siege, they will swear to be your vassals. You sent your army in, defeat their enemy and that faction is now your vassal and close military ally.

A high influence or piety of your ruler would help influence this. If a shitty heir came to the throne with a bad influence, the faction might break its vassalage.
What a very good suggestion!! This would certainly add to the realism of the game. I do hope CA are visiting and making notes, if they implement some of the ideas raised MTW II will be the greatest game ever

......Orda

spmetla
02-04-2006, 04:11
It's been a while since I saw a CA sheild on the left side of a post so I fear we won't be heard.

Sykotyk Rampage
02-04-2006, 04:53
hahaha of course they hear us ...they follow us everywhere they bug our offices and scan our computers and change our settings ...
CA the ghost in the machine......:laugh4:

Mooks
02-04-2006, 05:14
They....are watching me.....

Dead Moroz
02-04-2006, 12:19
Back to the subject of this thread. I think that sovereigns must be able to demand troops from their vassals to assist in campaigns. And they also must demand to start and stop wars against other factions.

Of course, sovereigns must care about their vassals and defend them. In RTW protectorates were just source of tributes, moreover this system was almost totally bugged. I hope this time CA will make everything right.

I agree with suggestions of zakalwe too.

City walls
02-04-2006, 21:36
Also there must be some kind of advantage to having a Vassal as you call it

for example:

-you will recieve gifts like troops,gold,food,aid in military movement etc
-other units are availible to recruit that comes from the vassal state tech tree
-your influence together with the power of the vassal state will keep rebels,enemys from attacking you until they got the resource to do so
-you get marriage offers from the vassal state so you get kick ass generals

the coherence betwen 2 nations must be better. think if you got allies to travel alongside you and battle with you under a Crusade. That would be awsome

The historian
02-07-2006, 16:01
I definetly think that vassals should be included after all most kings had a lot of vassals and i'm not saying just other countries but also various lords counts,dukes,etc.In essecnce most of the medieval period was based on vassalship and feudal allegiance.

buujin
02-11-2006, 16:57
Sounds like a great idea, and historical too !

Consider the HRE for example

Furious Mental
02-13-2006, 17:14
I'd rather appreciate it if the pledge of an AI faction to attack someone actually meant something

Mithrandir
02-13-2006, 21:06
Also there must be some kind of advantage to having a Vassal as you call it

for example:

-you will recieve gifts like troops,gold,food,aid in military movement etc
-other units are availible to recruit that comes from the vassal state tech tree

the coherence betwen 2 nations must be better. think if you got allies to travel alongside you and battle with you under a Crusade. That would be awsome

melikes!

Divinus Arma
02-15-2006, 03:29
Can you imagine a truly working feudel system?

:tears of joy, hope, and lost love:

That would be so keen. So groovy. So gnarly. So bodaciously radical. I would weep with pleasure. And never leave my computer....

Good bye jobs! (Helloooo Trailer Park!)