PDA

View Full Version : Minor spelling problem

SpawnOfEbil
02-03-2006, 20:19
When you end the turn and the scrollingfaction bar comes on at the top, Karthadastim has some random letters in front of it.

Malrubius
02-03-2006, 20:45
LOL! :laugh4:

Actually, Punic (and Hebrew) didn't use vowels. We decided not to go that route, though. We could have had QRTHDST or something.

SpawnOfEbil
02-03-2006, 22:15
Actually, it says Safat Softim baKarthadastim or thereabouts, just to clarify.

Kull
02-04-2006, 01:28
It's the official name of the Carthaginian Faction, and is spelled Safot Softim biKarthadast (you can find it in Data\Text\menu_english.txt)

If you're curious about the origin, this was posted by Shigawire last June:

From an email, where Dr. Charles Krahmalkov replies about the name of the Carthaginian state:

Regarding your question, I actually know the answer, because I'm the one who found and published this item of information. The Carthaginians called their republic Safot Softim biQarthadast "The Rule of the Softim in Carthage" or, more informally rendered, the "Suffetic Regime in Carthage." The Softim (singular: Sufet) were the two annually elected presidents of the Republic. By the way, the Israelites called their government in the pre-monarchic period (before Saul and David) Shafot hash-Shoftim biYisra'el ("The Rule of the Shoftim in Israel"). Hope this helps you. Best regards and keep me informed.
Charles

Note: In the patch you'll find that "K" has been replaced with "Q".