PDA

View Full Version : Firefox Extensions

Proletariat
02-04-2006, 00:07
Greetings, fellow FF Users!

I'm curious about what Firefox Extensions you all have found useful.

I have Adblock, Talkback, Fasterfox and the Noia 2.0 theme loaded.

I like the way the Noia theme looks quite a lot, but I never noticed much of a speed difference after having loaded Fasterfox. Anyone else notice this with that extension?

Here is a link to all the add-ons for Firefox.

https://addons.mozilla.org/?application=firefox

hoom
02-04-2006, 02:26
Adblock & Noscript are vital.
Menu Editor & IE tab useful tweaks.
Thats all I have so far.

Xiahou
02-04-2006, 03:36
I love adblock, but I hadnt known of noscript- looking into it now. I usually just use the default theme, but I recently put Acid Burn on my laptop.

Im a little unclear on Talkback... wanna clue me in?

Monarch
02-04-2006, 13:17
I dont use skins/other extensions. Any chance you could describe what the ones your using do (I know about fasterfox but no others)

drone
02-04-2006, 19:22
I use FlashBlock. Some sites put up so much flash content that my browser hangs, so it eliminates that. It also gets rid of the annoying flash ads on news sites (AdBlock would do this as well), these are very distracting. If you are forced to run dialup, FlashBlock definitely will save you some bandwidth.

Mouzafphaerre
02-04-2006, 20:16
Mozilla extensions:

Extension manager (a must for Mo! built into Firefox already) + Extension Uninstaller API
AdBlock
BBCode (updated with ORG's tags by myself)
Copy Image (copies an image directly into the clipboard)
FlashGot (integrates all installed dl managers with Mo/FF; another must have!)
Secure Password (generates random passwords from a batch of character types you specify; great!)
text/plain (treats URLs/email addies in plain text as true hyperlinks when selected; with a bunch of options such as open in new window/tab, web search...)

Firefox Extensions:

All of the above except Extension Manager (obviously!) and BBCode
RefSpoof (spoofing toolbar with many capabilities; I won't tell you what spoofing is...)

Extension addresses:

http://addons.mozilla.org
http://extensionroom.mozdev.org/

Great thread! :2thumbsup:

Sasaki Kojiro
02-05-2006, 04:00
Adblock: essential

Adblock Filterset.G updater--automatically updates your filter

IEview: for those pages that don't work in firefox, very useful.

Delicious Delicacies: VITAL :laugh4:

Target Alert: puts a little symbol next to links if the open in a new window and what file type they are (ppt, word, pdf etc). Good to know.

Forecast Fox: weather on the bottom bar

SessionSaver: if you close firefox or if it crashes, when you start it up the next time all the webpages you were on will still be open. Very nice.

Mouzafphaerre
02-05-2006, 05:03
Anybody knows a whitelist or somethin for AdBlock? Sometimes it drives me just mad! :help:

Xiahou
02-05-2006, 07:40
Anybody knows a whitelist or somethin for AdBlock? Sometimes it drives me just mad! :help:
The latest version has whitelists. Better go update. :wink:

Somebody Else
02-05-2006, 23:34
All-in-one Gestures
Gmail manager
Some other random ones...

Mouzafphaerre
02-06-2006, 04:36
The latest version has whitelists. Better go update. :wink:
:2thumbsup:

Proletariat
02-06-2006, 17:53
Im a little unclear on Talkback... wanna clue me in?

Talkback basically just sends the FF people a crash report, the few times FF eats it. Makes me feel like I'm contributing.

:balloon2:

Thanks, Mouza and Sasaki. I've now added Forecast Fox, Session Saver, and Flash Got.

:2thumbsup:

alman7272
02-09-2006, 00:29
Filterset.G Updater
ImageZoom
Adblock
PDF Downlod
googlebar
PageZoom
CustomizeGoogle
Yakalike

Xiahou
02-09-2006, 01:29
Talkback basically just sends the FF people a crash report, the few times FF eats it. Makes me feel like I'm contributing.Pfft, well to heck with that. ~D

AntiochusIII
02-20-2006, 05:31
Hmm...

I think I downloaded quite a lot of stuff within the first three hours of my Firefox experience. :laugh4:

Noscript: essential; besides, it blocks some annoying ads out on its own.

Fasterfox: probably faster, I think, since I never used Firefox without it.

DownThemAll!: help for mass downloading stuff, which is useful, since I've been trying to build up a mini classical music library of my own for personal use. Wonderful ~:) , I now have unintrusive, soothing music that can sharpen my mind when I'm doing math, or typing, etc.

Adblock: what is there to explain? Essential, of course.

Adblock Filterset.G Updater: what's this extension for again? :dizzy2: I have it, that's all I know.

FoxyTunes: just a little useless toy to play music while I surf. It looks cool, though. :2thumbsup:

Image Zoom: very useful for those annoying threads here with oversized -- or too small -- pics.

SearchPluginHacks: I felt a little miffed that I couldn't remove Yahoo, Answers.com, etc., out of the top-right corner search engine thingy, so I downloaded this one and annihilated it. Now I'm gonna remove it, though, no need anymore.

Big_John
02-20-2006, 07:20
pretty much the same as everyone else:

-adblock (must have)
-adblock filterset.g updater (must have)
-forcastfox
-pdf download (fairly usless i think)
-tabbbrowser preferences (must have)
-ieview (must have)
-foxytunes
-colorful tabs
-stumbleupon (good for wasting time)
-fireftp (useful for my modding work)
-searchpluginhacks (must have, keep it around in case someone sneeks an engine into my search bar)

hoom
02-21-2006, 09:48
Image Zoom Ooh goodie :)

searchpluginhacks Eh? I never wanted that search thing there so I just right click "customise" & drag it off the toolbar completely.
Never seen it come back.

BTW, New tab & New Window buttons are handy to have up