PDA

View Full Version : true line of sight

Lord Adherbal
02-05-2006, 20:25
the addition of true line of sight (LOS) to the TW series has been suggested before, but CA replied that players' would consider it to be weird when unit disappear and reappear out of nothing.

I hope they reconsider that in M2TW. It could even make fighting the AI a tad bit more challenging without actualy having to improve the AI.

Units being invisible behind hills, buildings or inside dense forests would make add so much more to the battles. Until now the only way to surprise an enemy was by hoping he would pass by a forest were you hid some of your units. It would be so much more interesting would you can sneak units through forests, hide them inside/behind small villages or behind a large hill.

Quietus
02-05-2006, 20:35
They could just add the weather effects back. STW had blinding blizzards, fog and tremendous rainstorms you can't organize units separately and adds much more realism, difficulty and fun to the game. An occassionaly lightning will reveal the enemy's positions.

"Waiting" also does not automatically clear the weather. Hence, in that case, the player must attack or withdraw from the battle and lose.

Sykotyk Rampage
02-05-2006, 21:43
I re-installed mtw1 a couple of days ago, and the weather was a huge "improvement", sad thought since it was out first, compared to rtw.
rtw was very bland, weather, battle fields, campaign map, etc.

Weather on the campaign map would be excellent, also, storms, blizzards, droughts, changes in ground conditions, your piece should move around storms or suffer move penalties, losses etc. This would make the campaign map even more of an "environment" and strategic.

If Ca goes to 4 turns this is even more desirable. Storms that appear and disappear leaving effects on the terrain and pieces on the campaign map. Instead of this flood just appears, where did the flood come from? Snow effects would be even more noticeable and again change the movement patterns, strategies.

The campaign map would be a dynamic setting not just a "map" anymore. This would immerse the player even more into the "real" events of the world.

Just a thought on a Sunday afternoon.

I started a new post for this--WHETHER WEATHER -reply to this there so we don't hijack true line of sight

sapi
02-06-2006, 08:15
Weather on the campaign map would be excellent, also, storms, blizzards, droughts, changes in ground conditions, your piece should move around storms or suffer move penalties, losses etc. This would make the campaign map even more of an "environment" and strategic.

And it could help you avoid battles in bad weather...

Mooks
02-06-2006, 14:20
Ya, but units in RTW would go straight to your units in forests no matter where they were on the map. Hopefully that improves, but as for the hills/mountains I agree wholely (wholely, is that a word?) fully?

Dead Moroz
02-06-2006, 17:44
I agree with this ideas. And think that CA should make nights more dark. I was surprised to see that BI night battles actually were just slight change of illumination of units and other objects. I supposed that it would be real darkness and we wouldn't see the enemies until they come close enough.

Dragon20
02-06-2006, 18:18
What I would like to see is, that you can move units through woods (or at the other side) without the enemy seeing them at once, even if they are at the other side of the map:inquisitive: That way you could maneuver around the enemies flanks undetected if you fight in woods. In RTW units that moved in forests showed up in the mini map

Sykotyk Rampage
02-06-2006, 18:26
Hi,

Yes I noticed that also, what use is it hiding, when you appear, on the scanner, walking around.
Line of sight would be excellent.