This thread will be used as the database for this faction. :book:

Inal_the_Great
02-07-2006, 09:26
Ok thanks for this thread...

You asked for these:

- units - your proposal, or at least some information about their military,
Pictures included if possible.

- office titles,

- name of the units and titles should be in a national language of this territory - one of them, your choice, but it should be as realistic as possible,

- possibly some historical heroes I can use,

- at least some names to use for the faction in the game,

+ more if you want.

I will start with Units and continue posting the rest in my spare time...

Inal_the_Great
02-07-2006, 10:39
Circassia

Units:

Dzhigit Horseman: These are the common Circassian Cavalry (dont get the wrong impression from the word "common" though they were quite skilled), even by 1700s usually without firearms but instead bow and sword.

https://img53.imageshack.us/img53/2420/circassiancavalry160017004gp.jpg
To give an idea of have they would look like but this is slightly late (and it is actually a painting of a Circassian chief).

https://img235.imageshack.us/img235/4161/sword140015003dz.jpg

The Swords Circassians used 1400-1500s (Circassian sabre not Shaska yet)

https://img71.imageshack.us/img71/405/pistol7pk.jpg

The Pistols but I think these are from 1700s

https://img219.imageshack.us/img219/8900/harness5qt.jpg
Circassian Harness

https://img71.imageshack.us/img71/5954/160017005kz.jpg
Among the best swords of all time: Shaska used from 1600- WW 2 . :2thumbsup:

https://img71.imageshack.us/img71/7859/bow4ap.jpg
Circassian Bow 1400-1700

https://img71.imageshack.us/img71/8734/helm7id.jpg
Helmets used until firearms made it obsolete.

Inal_the_Great
02-07-2006, 10:48
Here is another photo shwoing Circassian clothes during most of the games time period. By 1700 it started to change...

http://www.altair.co.uk/0021.jpg

Inal_the_Great
02-07-2006, 11:03
Abreks: I think this is the Circassian quillavent of Knight but with two important diferences:

They served no one! No king, no chief, no country, no empire:no one but themselves. (abit selfish yes :shame: )

They usually were like Mountain pirates stealing or killing and living this way their whole lives but rarely they in fact did join the Circassian army and their entire life experience (which was preety much just fighting :laugh4: ) allowed them to dominate almost all other warriors on the battlefield.

They were greatly feared & respected by Circassians :sweatdrop: .

I think much stronger than Dzhigit, surely an elite unit but not the best...
Equipment quite similiar to other Caucasian warriors...

their can be Abrek Infantry (which is almost the same but unmounted)

and Abrek Cavalry (or Horseman)

BTW I can find the Circassian words for Horseman and stuff but do you guys need it really?

Abrek is native word.

Inal_the_Great
02-07-2006, 11:11
BTW the Abreks had a strict codes which guided them through the though years.

Said that Circasians as a nation also have a code named Adiga Khabze (Circassian Tradition)

Which they still use today and is very strict (strict in sense military style). Guiding daily life rather than Samurai style Bushido the way of the warrior...

Every male Circassian was considered a warrior between ages 20 to 60.

cegorach
02-07-2006, 11:55
Very useful :2thumbsup:

Two notes -

- the names should be fully in a local language so even words like Horseman should be translated, although only if necessary ( I mean if there is one unit called this and it is cavalry it is not necessary to add the word horseman, but if there is infantry as well you should).

- images of the cavalry are especially useful since I can use them for info_pics of the units in the game.

I need something about history of this region - I want to add them, but I want to know what territory they had in 1480, 1572 and around 1648, Circassians can be added without problems in the last period, but if you convince me they MIGHT even replace Georgians altogether.

One more- I need a flag to use for them on the battlefield - choose something most realistic.

Regards Cegorach :book:

Inal_the_Great
02-07-2006, 13:55
Corected names:

Adiga Dzhigit : Circassian Horseman (General Unit)

-used most common spellings in Latin-

Equipment:
Armed with Bow&arrow, some armour, small shield (in melee fights) , and Sword.

By 1650-1700 though it changes abit.

armed with Pistol or Rifle (More Common), maybe still just bows & arrows if we add Noble Cavalry or something composed of Nobles (Warq Dzhigit) than they might have firearms later on in the game.

They were few in number of course perhaps they can be Body guard of Princes...

Example for a Warq Dzhigit:

https://img72.imageshack.us/img72/7808/untitled1zj.jpg

Ofcourse this one is for late in the game, other wise similiar quipment but swords are in silver or gold. More colorful.

Inal_the_Great
02-07-2006, 14:11
Full List so far:

Adiga Dzhigit : Circassian Horseman : :jumping:

Warq Dzhigit : Noble Horseman : ~:cool:

Abrek Dzhigit: Abrek Horseman : :viking:

Abrek : : Abrek :knight:

Fedayeen :Fedayeen :duel:

Sacrifice :skull: unit usually 1 or a small group of brave warriors they or he charges infront of everyone (Circassian Battle Tactics-to break morale of the enemy-).Usually made of Best warriors in the Caucasus (What a Waste!!! :wall: :wall: but also what a way to die :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup: )

Also considering Peasant (Militia) warriors -on foot- Asked the name from some of my friends living in Caucasus hopefully the answer will come in latin rather than Cyrillic!! :no: way of course but hey one can hope.

Inal_the_Great
02-07-2006, 15:49
Well as you can see Generaly speaking Circassian Military is based on Horseman. Very similiar to Sarmatians, and actually the Circassians have some similarities with Sarmatians in architecture too (including 1480-1700s!).

Well I will probably add some more units but for now this is a good start to be continued... :D (Unit section)

Inal_the_Great
02-07-2006, 17:40
Office Titles?

Hmm...

Like Captain
General ?

Besh = (Chief) Head of a Tribe, very powerful
Psi = Prince head of a village or group of villages

Maps

1480: Circassia:

1572: Circassia

1648: Circassia

Search in Progresss

I got one for the 1572 ready actually.
1480: sort of easy

1648:A bit hard..

Inal_the_Great
02-07-2006, 20:10
TEMPORARY MAPS
:balloon2: :balloon2: :balloon2: :balloon2: :balloon2: :balloon2: :balloon2:

https://img228.imageshack.us/img228/7953/copyofnewbitmapimage5vu0or.jpg

https://img228.imageshack.us/img228/3135/nege5vu7vq.jpg

https://img228.imageshack.us/img228/9840/newbitmapimage5vu0go.jpg

Inal_the_Great
02-07-2006, 20:44
In the last one I think AbAZHIA (1480) should belong to Circassia but I am not sure. At this point Circassian power was rising while Georgia was falling (it got invaded in 1507 by a Circassian army.

Fedayeens sould always wear Red!

I got some heroes coming up... :charge: :ballchain:

Flag is going to be abit of a problem but I think it should be something similiar to Circassian Mamluk Flag, yellow and green colors recommended by me.

https://img79.imageshack.us/img79/5488/untitled7dl.jpg

I made it but it is 99% accurate to the book that I saw the flag on. :book:

Inal_the_Great
02-08-2006, 04:18
BTW one thing I still did not ask is this for Rome Total War? Medieval Total War?
Medieval 2 Total War? :dizzy2:

Inal_the_Great
02-08-2006, 04:52
-=-=-=-=-=- HEROES -=-=-=-=-=-

1. Prince Bayzroqw
2. Prince Beyxgarsoqw
3. Prince Yax'bowq
4. Prince Hatuqwe
5. Boltoqwe
6. Aslan Girey
7. Prince Qanoqwe
8. Inal the Great
9. Prince Idar

Circassian Capital:
Chantgir

Some Notes about the three maps I posted:

1648 I just learned Russian Invasion was not that bad actually because after a war against the Turks the Russians still could not recover.

So ignore that invaded land and, on the other hand, the Tatars might have invaded up to Kuban river again I am not sure.

1572 Circassia and Russia is sort of allied. Only problem Tatars.

1480 No problems :D expantion time for Circassia!

History for the Game:

1480-1550 Everything is fine, expantion period.

1550-1600 Russian and Tatar pressure - main enemy Tatars.

1600-1650 Tatars are still main enemy, Russia applying some presure but without results. I think Ottomans campaign agains Russia slowed down Russian designs on Caucasus. Tatars constantly raiding North Caucasus.

(late game) 1700 Begining of the War against Russia. A huge tatar army enters Caucasus and is destroyed compelety by a much smaller army of local warriors (100 000) ending Tatar threat for good. :2thumbsup:

Circassians did have a navy (small and they were like war galleys each carrying 80-120 men). They used it to raid Russian Navy, but against Tatars or Ottomans not much record.

Circassian battle tactics:

War Cry--
Attack of the Fedayeen (s) (not always)--
Charge of the whole army
Destruction of the enemy (or if the enemy had enough canon opposite)

Guerilla on defence
Constant raids and harrasments. --->
Cutting suplies and reinforcements --->
Using Forest for cover and attacking from multiple sides --->
After the enemy gets really weak final attack and destroy.

Ambush
War Cry and a quick Charge.

Inal_the_Great
02-08-2006, 11:05
Circassian Leaders from the Period:

https://img223.imageshack.us/img223/3769/normalc0d8d0c0d420cac0c8d2c1c5.jpg

https://img96.imageshack.us/img96/1503/normalcac0cdd8c0ce20c3d3d06bt.jpg

cegorach
02-08-2006, 14:25
Few notes to explain several things

- the database will be used first for MTW, later for MTW 2 if it is possible to place Circassian faction in MTW 2 at all ( if not some of the units could appear as rebels or mercenaries, or both),

- heroes

I need:
a) their stats - command, piety, acumen, loyalty, dread ( from 0 to 7 each) + a short description of this guy's character - was he merciless, devout, charitable etc

b) the year of appearance/birth,

c) portrait if you can find one,

- office titles

it is about offices like chancellor, senior religious leader etc - their description, name ( in local language) + proposals for stats and the building which gives the title ( everything can be used),

The rest very good.

Inal_the_Great
02-08-2006, 15:16
Oh now its all clear give me a few days though...

Research need to be done! :book:

YanTraken
02-08-2006, 22:59
Full List so far:

Adiga Dzhigit : Circassian Horseman : :jumping:

Warq Dzhigit : Noble Horseman : ~:cool:

Abrek Dzhigit: Abrek Horseman : :viking:

Abrek : : Abrek :knight:

Fedayeen :Fedayeen :duel:

No offence Inal the Great but from those words I can only spell fedayeen,abrek and adiga:).I would have to "breake"my thong couple of times to be able to read that names ~;) .....Joke!
Still happy to have You with us,and thanks for all this work You make.
Keep it up :hippie:

Inal_the_Great
02-09-2006, 02:05
Well actually mate I give it to you:

Circassian is the hardest language I ever known after the no: uno Chinese! :laugh4:

Thanks enjoying my time here! :2thumbsup:

Inal_the_Great
02-09-2006, 02:09
Oh quick note: (I cant edit)

I still cant speak Chinese actualy (i tried :book: :wall: )

beauchamp
02-09-2006, 05:48
It looks like the "circassians" are in the Caucus, what really blunders me is what is their origins? Are they Orthodox or muslim? maybe a historical backround for us "historidorks" would be cool. Thanks

Inal_the_Great
02-09-2006, 07:21
Well their history goes back to at least 3000 BC But is covered with alot of mysteries (even though they recently archaeologists made alot of new discoveries).

Related people: Colchians, Cimmerians, Maeots, Sinds, Hitites (language is almost the same)...

They were warlike (they had to be since their lands were targeted by most powerful empires of their time).

But quickly jumping to our games time period:

They were Ortodox but throughout history Circassians were never very religious as a nation (which separated them from their eastern neigbours Chechens and in case of Christianity -Georgians-) who had somewhat similiar culture)

They were mostly still Pagans believing in their ancient mythologies ("The Nart Sagas" just google it if you want). Their were also some Muslims as a result of interaction with Tatars (both trade and war).

Ortodox Christianity was introduced by the Byzantine Empire...

Note: Circassians were not conquored by Byzantine Empire -peaceful ways- (or any other empire except the Russian in 1864)

They were not all Muslims in short, mostly Pagans along with some Christians and Muslims.
Not until Late 1700- early 1800.

beauchamp
02-09-2006, 14:55
wow, I had no idea they even exsisted! Im glad to know that, thank you.

Mouzafphaerre
02-09-2006, 19:02
Great info! :2thumbsup:

Does Dzigit mean horseman? If I'm reading it correctly (would be Жигит or something like that in Cyrillic, right?) it's a Turkic word and more or less corresponds to champion, brave etc.

Inal_the_Great
02-09-2006, 22:46
Hey there Mouzafphaerre -Victorian- ? Quite hard to spell that.

Well my cyrillic sux but yea I think you are correct that it is a Turkic word. :rtwyes:

Dzhigit
Жигит

hmm

Hipip.. ok I give up :oops:

Probably from Avar language? :book:

I am quite sure that this word was used by Circassians also but maybe it was only used by Avars and Chechens. Gonna double check :book:

----------------------
beauchamp:

Yep they existed! But I am not that surprised you never heard of them, because; lets just say 70 (and as many years under opressive Czars) years under communist rule has contributed to silence them. and seems like 70+ years is enough for the world to forget a nation.

On the other hand they were quite famous for their resistance against Russia:charge: in 1800s and their women's beauty:cheerleader: throughout the world.

I dont know if you are American but here is a interesting fact for you anyway: There were many Circassian Girls in American Circus during 1850s 60s. Most of these girls in reality were just local American girls acting as if they came from Caucasus .

(Discovered when a journalist asked afew questions about their past in Circassia! :no: Which the girls:sweatdrop: responded by showing a great deal of ignorance about their own homeland :shame: :laugh4:)

Inal_the_Great
02-09-2006, 22:52
Okay these were really killing me... :help: :book: :book: :book: :help:

I need:
a) their stats - command, piety, acumen, loyalty, dread ( from 0 to 7 each) + a short description of this guy's character - was he merciless, devout, charitable etc

b) the year of appearance/birth,

c) portrait if you can find one,

- office titles

it is about offices like chancellor, senior religious leader etc - their description, name ( in local language) + proposals for stats and the building which gives the title ( everything can be used),

But finally getting somewhere I am gonna post some later on today.

:bow:

Inal_the_Great
02-10-2006, 01:43
Okay got new info on Fedayeen

It should be Tiley.

It is an ancient tradition in Caucasus, where in desparate times a young Circassian volunteers to become "the Tiley". Tiley are individual warriors. They are not like squads or companies.

They are usually around 15-16 years old. They wear red clothes, ride white horses.

They dont carry any defensive weapon, only offensive:

So for example no bow, but Silver Sword and dagger. a gold helmet.
They never run away from the enemy, tiley is similiar to sacrifice but without the religious susgestive weight on the word.

Tiley in Circassian means "Great Light" "Powerfull Light".

Since they are only individual warriors though maybe they should be included at all.

Although I admit I would love to see them charging by themselves infront of everyone! :wall:

So either case it is not Fedayeen or Fedayi Fedai whatever... :no:

Inal_the_Great
02-10-2006, 02:17
Sorry guys I was busy with university lately but we got a break coming up soon!

Anyway...
-----------------
Okay Leaders:

Lets start from Inal the Great shall we? :laugh4:

command 6
piety 2
acumen 5
loyalty 7 :inquisitive:
dread 2

Straight from the History: To the Eighteen Century part of Amjad Jaimoukha's The Circassias book.

Prince Inal Teghen (Tighwen) -also refered as Great at some sources and parts of this same book-, one of the descendants of Abdun-Khan -another great leader outside games period-, assumed the reins of power in the 15th century. He was brave, prudent and generous. During his reign many people submitted to his rule and chose to become part of his state. He managed to unite the Circassians and Abkhazians into one empire -more like a large kingdom-, which he ruled for a long time. In 1509, he invaded Imeretia and subsequently routed an army of Western Georgians. It is most probable that Tzandia Inal Daphita, desecrated in the Gorgian Chronicles, was this self-same prince. However, after his demise Kabarda was riven into several rival principalites by his several sons. Civil war ensued in which the Kiakh -Western Circassians- were instrumental in installing Prince Idar as sole potentate. It was during this chaotic period that Prince Qanoqwe son of Beslan left Kabarda -Imagine Circassia-Kabarda to Britain-England to establish Beslanay tribe. -(My tribe! :2thumbsup:)-

the ones in - note - are mine.

He is probably the greatest Circassian leader in the game time period, (maybe even of all time).

Tell me if these make sense or not. more to come like this.

THIS SITE IS AWESOME!!!!!! :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup:

http://www.hostkingdom.net/caucasus.html

For picture it is the second guy on the portraits I send: the guy with the...ahmm... :idea2: golden thingy on his head .

GO VISIT&CHECK IT OUT!

and...
sorry for the caps... ~;)

Inal_the_Great
02-10-2006, 02:23
Okay the Chronology Part 1:

Early XVI. Century: The Crimean Tatars, vassals of the Osmanlis, started to raid Circassian lands in Northern Caucasia.

1501: An Osmanli army commanded by Khaffi Mehmed invaded Circassia but the army was completely destroyed.

1554: The Kuban Circassians asked Muscovy for help against the Crimean Khanate because they could not stop the raids.

1556: While the Russians entered Crimea, Circassians captured the Osmanli forts of Temrük and Taman. After the destruction of the Khanate of Astrakhan, the Russians began to improve their relationships with the peoples of Caucasia.

1557: Circassian princes Mashuk and Sibok went to Moscow and entered into the tsar's service. They were later "Russified" and their families were called as "Cherkassi".

1582: Psyhuaben Circassians entered into Russian rule after being confronted by the Tatars and Kalmuks.

1604: Tsar Boris Godunov sent the Vojvode Buturlin to Northern Caucasia with an army of 10,000 troops. The atrocities committed by the Russians caused the popularity of Russians to decline among the Circassians while the expansionist plans of the Russians were revelad.

1622: Russians defeated the princes of Kaziy after they rose up aganist them.

Inal_the_Great
02-10-2006, 03:09
For more images:

http://www.kafkasya.net/portal/index.php?p=gallerypic&img_id=258&galid=9&area=1

just click on the small pictures on the left. :balloon2:

beauchamp
02-10-2006, 03:37
Toll! He looks like a Boyar!

Inal_the_Great
02-10-2006, 05:18
Toll! He looks like a Boyar!

Ahm yes thats what I ment of course!

http://www.circassianworld.5u.com/cgi-bin/i/Photos/CircassianWarrior.jpg

cegorach
02-10-2006, 18:00
Good images, but could you choose the most realistic to use ? :book:

Inal_the_Great
02-10-2006, 18:13
Okay give me a second... Home work and stuff. I know I slowed down but dont worry I am still happy to help out just getting more busy lately! :book: :dizzy2:

Inal_the_Great
02-11-2006, 05:17
https://img493.imageshack.us/img493/7351/untitled29fg.png

https://img493.imageshack.us/img493/5742/untitled37xu.png

https://img493.imageshack.us/img493/4798/untitled9ic.png

I find these acceptable as realistic (1600-1700)

Circassian Armor was quite famous across Russia and Middle East, many Circassian master smiths were invited by Russian Czar and princes to make their personal Armors.

Note: Mostly applies to Noble Circassians though.

I am thinking of adding maybe something like Circassian Noble Cavalry...
Noble Class was higher in number than I expected.

Salutes More working coming...

too bad that there are so few info for 1480s-1500s :book: :no: .

Mouzafphaerre
02-11-2006, 05:25

Hey there Mouzafphaerre -Victorian- ? Quite hard to spell that.
Victorious. Yeah, a bastardized spelling indeed. ~D

Inal_the_Great
02-11-2006, 13:02
And for Inal the Great the I think he should be already a young man at 1580.

Earlier

--------------------------------------
Prince Temriuk:

Birth Date: 1530 (?)

He was a very powerful prince who united almost all of Circassia under his rule with the assistance of Russia (and doing so also set the stage for Russo-Circassian war centuries after his death). He was aware of the need for Unity in Circassia and waged for against under Circassian Princes during 1560s and with the assistance from Russia he manage to win.

He was not as succesful as Inal (his grandfather ?). But still can be considered a good leader in 1570 he lost a battle against Tatar Khan: Shah-Abbas-Girai. The defeat damaged Circassians temporary and some of them were forced to convert to Islam and south of the Kuban river.

command 3
piety 1
acumen 4
loyalty 6
dread 1

No portrait sorry. (Its hard to find)

cegorach
02-11-2006, 13:12
For now Circassia will be added in late ( after 1648) only, so if you can add something for this period - heroes and especially office titles - I will be greateful.

In MTW 2 release of PMTW CIrcassians will replace Georgians.

The heroes you presented for now will be added as rebel leaders in the main Circassian province - I mean MTW edition.
They should make the province rather hard to conquer.

Inal_the_Great
02-11-2006, 13:37
Prince Idar

Birth Year: 1500 (?)

After the short civil war that began soon after Inal the Great's death, he became the ruler prince of Circassia. Though he was perhaps not a great organizer since there was quite a bit of Chaos in Circassian during his rule.

command 3
piety 1
acumen 2
loyalty 7
dread 1

Again for now no portrait... :book: :no:

Inal_the_Great
02-11-2006, 13:44
For now Circassia will be added in late ( after 1648) only, so if you can add something for this period - heroes and especially office titles - I will be greateful.

In MTW 2 release of PMTW CIrcassians will replace Georgians.

The heroes you presented for now will be added as rebel leaders in the main Circassian province - I mean MTW edition.
They should make the province rather hard to conquer.

Sorry ignore the last post! Did not see this! :oops: :dunce:

Inal_the_Great
02-11-2006, 13:55
Alright Alright 1648-1700 hmm... :book: :book: :book:

I have dedicated my next 48 hours to reading, helping this project, playing football and cleaning up my room. :dizzy2:

Inal_the_Great
02-11-2006, 16:09
Ok I think I will need a serious Russian or Circassian historian's help on this, (I am going to try to e-mail a few.

So far there seems to be a century gap in History jumps straight: 1500s-1700.

Please be patient :P doing my best :juggle2:

Inal_the_Great
02-12-2006, 06:16
Okay found 2 leaders but both start to exist very late in the game.

Jabağı:
Born in 1684!! :inquisitive: But Circassians were fighting by age 13-14 still historically active only for a few years in the game (1696-1700).

Kazanuko Jabağı Might be too late or maybe we can change the birth year sacrificing realism for the sake of gameplay.

The other leader was born in 1670s or maybe even 1660s.

Kaytouko Aslan Beg
-1685-1700-

Looking for more infos on these two and for at least 5-6 more Circassian leaders.

Thank you for your patience :)

Inal_the_Great
02-12-2006, 07:30
Aslan Girey for info http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hatuqwai but I am just going to write names here for now infos and stats coming soon...

Inal_the_Great
02-12-2006, 08:10
Aslan Girey

Probably born in 1600s or 1590s but still active by 1648. :book:

Inal_the_Great
02-12-2006, 20:55
Kazanuko Aslan Jabagh or just Kazanuko Jabagh (Eng. Alpahabet):

He was more of a thinker than a warrior he try to create a more united Circassia.
As far a I learned merciful, and very smart.

Birth year 1680: If you can make it other wise 1684.

Acumen 6
Piety 2
Command 2 (not a great general I am guessing.)
loyalty 7
dread 0 (I can put 0 right?)

There is a book writen on him but unfortunetly I cant get my hands on it! :book:

-----------

Kaytouko Aslan Beg

A powerfull leader:

Hmm this guy was definetly somewhat warlike he waged war against any Circassian tribe who did not gave him tribute and in his time the peace treaty (alliance?) was canceled with Russia.

Acumen 3
Piety 1
Command 6 (undefeated)
Loyalty 7 (He was also thinking about Circassia though)
dread 5

Birth Year 1660s

Inal_the_Great
02-12-2006, 21:13
Sorry no edit: Kazanuko Aslan Beg should have a better command I was mistaken, but he stayed in the back gorund.

Make it -Command: 4- pls.

Pshi Kurghoko (Means Prince Kurghoko)

He was the supperior commander of Kaytuko Aslan Beg, his greatest challenge was a battle against a huge tatar army which he did not thought he can win but after Kaytuko Beg encouraged him to fight and they made a plan together and crushed the Tatar army.

He was peaceful and wise, not so energic I think.

Command 4
Acument 5
Piety 1
Loyalty 6
Dread 0 not very scarry :skull:

he died after this victory though. :shame:

Birth year 1630s (?) :inquisitive:

----------

Pshi Bekmırza

This guy is quite lame.
I am thinking stats should be around:

Command 2
Acument 1
Piety 1
Loyalty 1
Dread 0

He was at first ranked at the same level with his younger brother Kazanuko but soon his lamentations caused him to lose respect and sempathy along his common people and important individuals. He tried to make Tatars attack Caucasus again but failed. Later he died at a very early age. (total idiot!) :no:

some time
late 1670- early 1680 I think (?)
-----Birth year

Inal_the_Great
02-12-2006, 21:20
CORECTION ------

Actually Bekmirza seems like the brother of the father of Kazanuko with the same name!!!!

So he must have born in 1650s-1660s.

Historicaly I dont think you can find the exact years.

Plus I am not even looking for portraits its just imposible to find.

So

Here is Pshi Kazanuko father of Kazanuko Aslan Beg

Acumen: 6 (only drawback he got is not very energetic)
Command: 3
Piety: 1
Dread 1
Loyalty: 6

Inal_the_Great
02-12-2006, 21:37
PROGRESS REPORT

Hey Guys

Alright finaly Note for now I think enough leaders next I am going to concentrate on Offices like you asked me to.

I AM GOING TO PUT ALL THE LEADERS AND STATS IN ONE POST SOON!

Sorry about it there is no edit and I realized I keep making mistakes I just have t o gather them all in one page...

Thank you...

Radier
02-12-2006, 22:48
Glad that you help this mod Inal.
Keep this up...

Cheers! ~:cheers:

Inal_the_Great
02-13-2006, 02:46
Thank you!!

I am very glad to be here:
Finally some real interest to my ideas in a mod project! :2thumbsup:

(Before I was helping with " Victoria:An Empire Under the Sun " but later stopped as there was no real interest) :no:

Anyway to be continued... :stupido:

Inal_the_Great
02-16-2006, 18:50
Just so you guys know my computer is hacked thats why I will be away for a while in the mean time:

Office Title: Thamade (Mean Elder but had a special meanin for Circassians)

I will get back at this as quick as posible I am posibly thing of adding around 4 - 5 titles.

As Infantry I think Abreks always fought mounted so it should be Peasant warriors (Going to post Circassian name) not Abreks sorry about it but like I said I am going to organize this as soon as my pc is mentally stable again!! :furious3: :help:

Cya guys!

This is from a library pc on my university btw ... :wall: :shame:

Inal_the_Great
02-17-2006, 00:29
Okay I am installing the Medieval again hopefully today I will post a one long page and for a while I will be done... :2thumbsup:

YES I FIXED MY PC!!! DOWN WITH SERVICE CENTERS!! :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup:

beauchamp
02-17-2006, 00:34
What sites did you use for the circassian units? I was doing some reasearch on Safavid military and I read that many of the Gulams were of Circassian origin. Their might be a similiary or something of relation between the two.

Inal_the_Great
02-17-2006, 01:32
Well actually it was also the case in Ottoman Sultans or Mamluks (which finally they became the ruling class). But as far as I know almost always most of the Circassian traditions are lost, only a few things left remains, on looks Circassians are really pale compared to other soldiers they fought with. (no racism intended) :book:

Watch Lawrence of Arabia:

Turkish Pasha to Lawrence: "Your skin is so pale are you a Circassian?"

Weapons and armors are also usually local, for a good reasons... But hey since you asked I will do a small research on Safavid Circassians wont take long I have a friend for Iran next door! :)

Inal_the_Great
02-17-2006, 01:59
Okay basicly there were Circassians slave warriors in Safavid Empire but they were not as numerous as in Mamluks, as I guest their equipment is local of the country they are serving in.

I think:
-=-=-=--
You should just search for Ghulams they were totaly different than Circassians in
homeland.
-=-=-=--=-

They are from Circassian slave caste, but are also carefully chosen from a group that has already lived very hard lives.

Because of the Martial family relations they more easily accept separation and adapt to their new environment. Which means when they arrived they quickly became loyal soldiers.

They must have been elite units (no nationalism is intended: :book: )

Russia: Circassian Cossack cavalry similiar to Polish system.

Turkey: Special Circassian Cavalry units (my great grandfather was one :D) +Circassian heavy Cavalry from Mamluk earlier.

Poland : Cossack Cavalry divisions made of Circassians and lead by Circassian Princes.
Egypt: Circassian Mamluks

Though there were also rare cases when they were cheap irregular fighting men: Russo-Turkish war of 1877-78 but its quite irrelevant.

Inal_the_Great
02-17-2006, 12:08
Circassia

Units

Adiga Dzhigit: Regular Circassian cavalry, usually good quality.
Armed with bow, some armour, small shield (in melee fights), and a Sword.

Abrek Dzhigit: Elite cavalry unit of top quality.
Similar equipment with Adiga Dzhigit but better armour and arrow.

Werq Dzhigit: Again similar Equipment but late in the game they should have firearms.
Better quality equipment in general.

Tiley: Young warriors who are of superb skill. Usually individual warriors though.
Always dressed in red, no ranged weapons or shield but good armour.

Lhxwqwel Zevako: Peasant warriors, infantry class, poor quality but should not be as bad as regular peasants and should have a poor morale.
Equipment similar but no horses; Bows, shields, poor quality armour.

Office Tittles

Shupashe: Means Cavalry Commander.
Thamade: Respected old person, elder.
Efendi: Religious leader who studied Islam in Ottoman or Tatar lands.
Pschishxwe: “Princes of Princes”, “Great Prince”. Similar to “King”.

Stats:

Shupashe: +2 Command when commanding all horse armies.
Activation building: Stable

Thamade: +2 Acumen and + 1 Command

Efendi: +2 Piety
Activation Building: Mosque

Pschishxwe: +2 Command +1 Acumen +1 Dread

Leaders

Kaytuko Aslan Beg: Warlike and Powerful. Does not show much mercy to his enemies.

Acumen 4
Piety 1
Command 6 (undefeated)
Loyalty 7 (Waged war for a stronger and more united Circassia)
dread 5

Birth Year 1670s

Pshi Bekmirza:
This guy is quite lame…
I am thinking stats should be around:

Command 2
Acumen 1
Piety 1
Loyalty 1
Dread 0

He had as much respect as his brother Pshi Kaytuko, but soon his lamentations and bad attitude lost him popularity among his people. Many influential Circassians left him alone. He than went to Tatars and tried to make them invade Circassia but he failed even in this and soon after he died at an early age.

Birth Year: 1650s

Pshi Kurghoko

He was the superior commander of Pshi Kaytuko, his greatest challenge was a battle against a huge Tatar army which he did not thought he couldn’t win but after Pshi Kaytuko encouraged him to fight and they made a plan together and crushed the Tatar army.
He was peaceful and wise, not so energetic I think.

Command 4
Acumen 5
Piety 1
Loyalty 6
Dread 1

He died after this victory though.

Birth year: 1630s

Pshi Kaytuko
Father of Kaytuko Aslan Beg. As a leader he was also quite successful.

Acumen: 6
Command: 5 (also undefeated like his son but he made the plans more than the leading)
Piety: 2
Dread 2
Loyalty: 7

Birth Year: 1640s

Circassia Region

Please look at the map I posted earlier; in 1648 Abkhazia is under Ottoman control. Russian invasions and raids are mostly unsuccessful during this time. Tatars threat is somewhat under control.

“Chantgir” is the capital in central Circassia.
Another major city is “Sochi” in south Circassian coast.

The rest are small villages or towns usually…

Landscape:
A lot of forest, hills, rivers and mountains… Great for defence!

Diplomacy:

Neutral with all

cegorach
02-17-2006, 16:59
Very good descriptions. Thanks to you Circassia will be in the mod at all and will be well prepared as well. I will process the data and will tell you if I need more.

Radier
02-17-2006, 19:16
Well done job Inal. :bow:

Inal_the_Great
02-17-2006, 19:51
:nice: :bow:

Inal_the_Great
02-19-2006, 22:53
Final Edit:

Pshi Bekmirza:

Command 2
Acumen 1
Piety 2 (+1)
Loyalty 2 (+1)
Dread 1 (+1)

Birth Year: 1650s

Just made him slightly better...

Here is the logic:

Piety 2 : Because he was in conctact with the Muslim Tatars.
Loyalty 2: He was not a total traitor.
Dread 1: Well... uhm... a few people probably was afraid of him.
(In the end he was still a prince)

FINAL EDIT...

(for now) :2thumbsup:

Inal_the_Great
02-20-2006, 11:55
Jegwak'we

-1 Dread
+3 Acumen
-1 Loyalty
+1 Command

Quote from Amjad Jaimoukha's "The Circassians: a handbook"

"Music has always played an important life in the life of the Circassians. No festive occasion or merry gathering was worth attending in the absence of the Jegwak'we , the Caucasian ashogs,equivalentto the minstrels of Europe. The bards, severally or in small bands, roved the land singing ballads in company of their lyres generally imparting joy upon the people. They recounted tales and chanted anthems that bonded the young to their past. By the times this ancient tradition came to an end in the 1930s, a considerable number of songs had been collected and published.

Lets seperate Circassians into 4 classes:

1. Princes
2. Nobles
3. Freemen
4. Slaves and serfs

" L'aqwel'esh " = Duke

This is the highest among Noble class. Princes can raise and lower a persons standing and a few times princes were subject to lowering their class to for example Noble or Freemen...

+1 Command
+1 Dread
+1 Acumen

If you think these are not like what you are looking for just tell me I will try to find a few more similiar to like a governor or something.

Inal_the_Great
02-22-2006, 01:30
gwdes: earl or the Continental count. Also foreign princes, kings and khans, who escaped to Caucasus were given this title. They had no part in leading armies though.

+1 Dread
+1 Acumen

'Eschezeihe (Armour-bearers)

+1 Command
+2 Loyalty

Ghwo (Town crier)

+1 Acumen
+1 Piety

Dizchiniqwe (Marquess) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marquess

+1 Acumen
+1 Command (make Duke +2 pls)
+1 Loyalty

cegorach
02-22-2006, 12:11
Very good proposals ! I have already given 2 command for prince anyway.

BTW YanTraken made Circassian cavalry - yesterday I have added them and I have some screens, but the computer I am using doesn't have USB socket an in 3-4 hours I am leaving to Poland. I will post the screens when I have chance for it. :book:

Inal_the_Great
02-28-2006, 19:50
Ok like I said I am done for now as university is also not going so well need to study! :dizzy2: :book:

Last think I might add these days is probably a Middle Class infantry who carried firearms (1650-1700) (I wonder if they used the word Tufekh ?)

I am still around though checking the forums regularly...

cegorach
02-28-2006, 20:39
Take your time you made great research already :2thumbsup:

There is one more Circassian animations ready, but I need some time to place it in the game :juggle2:

Inal_the_Great
03-19-2006, 01:32
Ok I thought this flag was just designed by an Scotish person but I learned that it actually had ancient origins here is the new flag for Circassia please put this one in:

https://img20.imageshack.us/img20/2864/newbitmapimage9rx.png

Inal_the_Great
03-19-2006, 01:36
You can make it a darker green it is still debated which color is more correct. :balloon2:

cegorach
03-20-2006, 10:35
I will, you are fortunate, because I will close the option for changing anything in the MTV release...:book:

Inal_the_Great
03-20-2006, 10:37
I thank you! :bow: