PDA

View Full Version : What delightful health hazards await you when you use your PC?

Mikeus Caesar
02-07-2006, 00:01
As the title asks, what health hazards await you when you use your PC? Dangers for me include:

1) Rickety table. If i was to buy a heavier monitor (the one i currently have is already a behemoth) the coathanger wire holding the legs together could give way, bring down my 40 kile monitor and 50 kilo table down on my thighs. My bones would probably break.

2) Going to turn the plug socket on and off is like tip-toeing through a minefield full of tigers. Not only is there the chance of tripping over wires and smacking my head on something, but there are all sorts of discarded sharp things there, covered in dust and litter. Also, even if i'm successful reaching it, i might bang my hand standing back up on a large wooden ceiling beam.

3) The keyboard is full of crap, including an actual lump of mould. I have to wash my hands after use, or i could risk food poisoning.

4) My old wooden chair is showing it's age. The seat part could fall through any day now.

5) Dust. It's everywhere in my room. More so round the back of the monitor, which means i encounter it on my trek to the plug socket. My mild asthma isn't helped by this, so i have to step carefully, unless i want to be caught in a filthy snowstorm.

6) Sheer litter. Due to the fact this is my bedroom, i drop things where i want, including notes, food wrappers, old boxes. Even a homemade wooden sword just nearby. Trip on that, and once again, i risk breaking my neck/cracking open my head.

7) Subwoofer. I have nowhere to put my giant subwoofer, and rather unwisely put it just behind my PC, which is in the way of the path to the holy plug socket. Far too often i've stubbed my toe on it, but one day i'll accidentally put a foot through it and become Kentucky Fried Michael.

I'll post a picture of my delightful hazard course tomorrow, during the day when there's enough light. Now, how about you?

Duke John
02-07-2006, 12:43
My girlfriend :uhoh:

discovery1
02-07-2006, 14:50
I would suggest you clean up.

On topic:
1) My desk is rather cluttered, so one could argue that I resk getting stress looking for stuff.
2) Hmmm, while reaching for cue tips I could maybe pull something
3) While stretching I could get a cramp, it's happened before(3 yrs?).
All I can think of.....

Mikeus Caesar
02-07-2006, 17:06
I would suggest you clean up.

Yes, i should. All the main places of activity in my room are a mess. Around the PC and next to and around my bed. The rest of the room consists of cleanliness.

Uesugi Kenshin
02-08-2006, 01:28
Well I could trip over the wires to my 5.1 speakers.....I'd be more worried about my speakers though.:inquisitive:

Other than that I suppose I could hurt one of my knuckles bashing away at the desk to my music or accidentally decapitate myself with one of the many spare PCI slot blockers I have lying around.

Somebody Else
02-08-2006, 03:17
Random fumes coming through the wall from my flatmates' weed habits... I can't stand the stuff, but have to live with it.

KukriKhan
03-03-2006, 19:56
8) Flying debris from an extremely over-clocked, inadequately-cooled processor:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5393904704265757054