PDA

View Full Version : Queens, Princesses et al...

LordKhaine
02-07-2006, 05:35
I can't help but wonder if women will have any function in MTW2. It was annoying how pointless they were in MTW and RTW. They had no real function in RTW, and their use as princesses in MTW was rather lackluster. During the period depicted in MTW2 a few women wielded a substantial amount of power, such as Isabella of Castile. And I'm sure the many historians here could add many other names to the list. As part of the updated diplomacy system it would be nice if the fairer sex played a larger part in the game, or indeed any part at all.

Anyone agree with me? Or am I losing it? :dizzy2:

sapi
02-07-2006, 08:47
I agree, but it's been said before...

Prince Cobra
02-07-2006, 13:19
'It is really good idea to change the system of the heirs
there are some examples in history for female heirs to the throne (both of them are from the byzantine history):
1) empress Irina (797-802) (called herself emperor) (she wasn't exactly a heir because she blinded her son in order to take over the power)
2)empress Teodora(1055-1056)(called herself emperor)- the younger daughter of Constantine VIII (who had no male children (while his brother emp.Basil II even refused to get married- he hated the women))
However Byzantium is an exception (that option should only exist for the empire and may be Spain (queen Izabel )) and of course the existence female monarch should lead to very low loyalty (and if the empress didn't marry (look how many years the empress ruled) mass rebellion and end of the game!
But I am wondering why ther were no children-monarchs (and this did not lead to the end of the dinasty)- Louis IX of France, some byzantine rulers and many other example. Yes, ther should be a drop of loyalty but not so fatal as the previous example. And by the time the monarch grew up , the vice and virtues of the regent( why not a woman- the mother of the king) are vital for the country
And it is also very good idea to be improved the diplomacy (esp. the part with allies who attack the enemy together).'
This is copied post of mine(from 'What do yall want' thread). I hope it'll be useful.

Bob the Insane
02-10-2006, 15:09
Well as the women will actually be on the board this time (as agents rather than generals) they could in theory select the oldest daughter as heir if no sons are available. There is no reason that a Princess agent couldn't be Queen. It would simply be a change of title for the unit and a specific Queen trait... If she married someone he would become King (and a normal general, etc)...

You could even keep the faction in play as long as either a male or female member left...

lar
02-14-2006, 10:59
if its a young monarch who isnt ready to go on a battlefield he should sit on the throne with the only way to kill him by assassination

matteus the inbred
02-14-2006, 13:18
You could simply put in some special characters like Margaret of Anjou, the Empress Matilda and the aforementioned selection from Stephen Asen, so some factions get a female ruler instead of allowing princesses to be converted into rulers. In fairness thought, princesses were mainly political pawns...perhaps some extra V&Vs reflecting female influence, like 'Clever Queen' giving the ruler extra acumen or influence, or (based on Edward I's queen) 'Religiously Devoted Queen', giving extra zeal. Perhaps even 'Dominated by Queen' which gives the ruler a reduction in command as she won't let him on the battlefield very often?

I suppose the potential for adultery based V&Vs might be increased here...if a King is cuckolded by the Queen he loses influence or even gets a divorce and has to be remarried to produce further heirs, possibly bastardising his existing heirs or turnign them into disloyal 'royal' generals? More chance of civil war, and worth spying on kings to find out this kind of Vice.

matteus the inbred
02-14-2006, 13:19
gah, duplicate post, sorry...!

ZombieFriedNuts
02-14-2006, 15:03
If a king wasn’t old enough I think a lord would rule in his place until he was, there was a special name for this but I cant remember, I could be wrong though.

matteus the inbred
02-14-2006, 15:06
If a king wasn’t old enough I think a lord would rule in his place until he was, there was a special name for this but I cant remember, I could be wrong though.

Regent, and there were plenty of those. Also regency councils.

King Yngvar
02-17-2006, 01:45
If she married someone he would become King (and a normal general, etc)...

Hmm, I would like the twist that if you as another faction managed to marry that queen you would annex the faction controlled by the queen.