PDA

View Full Version : What's your email client?

Alexander the Pretty Good
02-08-2006, 04:05
I have a gmail account, which I am very happy about, though I have a verizon account for some more important stuff, like college spam mail (:help: ).

I use Mozilla to do verizon mail, but gmail doesn't even need anything, just a browser! :2thumbsup:

Lemur
02-08-2006, 06:04
Gmail is da bomb. I also use Entourage X to back my mail up locally, but you're right, it's hardly necessary.

R'as al Ghul
02-08-2006, 11:21
Gmail may be nice with the 2.5 Gigs account but don't start complaining about your privacy when you find out that Google logs everything they can about you. Connecting your Email contacts and contents plus your search history and GooglePrint and whatever gives a pretty thorough picture of a person. And you can't be sure that everything isn't given away to the government or stolen from them by hackers.
Distribution of knowledge is your only tool against it. You shouldn't give everything to one provider.
I have several mail accounts. My main mail accounts are AOL but I use Thunderbird to access and store them.

Dutch_guy
02-08-2006, 13:34
gmail, since about 6 months.

Been plaesed with it so far, and the 2.5 Gig is just fabulous.

I do occaisionly use my hotmail acount, but less and less since I got Gmail.

:balloon2:

Mikeus Caesar
02-08-2006, 17:43
I have a Gmail account and Hotmail account. The Hotmail account is used for joining up to websites, so that my crappy Hotmail account gets junk mail instead of my pristine Gmail account.

Last time i checked, i have 400+ mails in my inbox for the Hotmail account, the ones on the front page of it dating from April '04.

Mouzafphaerre
02-08-2006, 18:01
OE with three different identities, one of which including a gmail account.

Monarch
02-08-2006, 18:23
I have a Gmail account and Hotmail account. The Hotmail account is used for joining up to websites, so that my crappy Hotmail account gets junk mail instead of my pristine Gmail account.

Last time i checked, i have 400+ mails in my inbox for the Hotmail account, the ones on the front page of it dating from April '04.

Do what I did, send yourself an invite for website sign ups so you dont have to have embarrssment of signing up to any site with a hotmail account :P

Anyway, I use gmail. I used to store them through Thunderbird, but then i swtiched pcs and couldn't be bothered to redownload.

GoreBag
02-09-2006, 09:03
Gmail and Hotmail.

Enoch
02-09-2006, 13:27
Outlook - 2003 ... plain and simple

Taurus
02-09-2006, 17:01
I use my Hotmail account quite often but I use my Gmail account the most.

Craterus
02-09-2006, 17:43
Do what I did, send yourself an invite for website sign ups so you dont have to have embarrssment of signing up to any site with a hotmail account :P

Sorry to go off-topic, but how can you be embarassed over the internet? You're never going to meet these people.

Sjakihata
02-09-2006, 17:53
I just use gmail

Viking
02-10-2006, 22:51
It`s Hotmail. I would change to gmail if it was possible to keep my old address, but I guess it isn`t?

hoom
02-11-2006, 02:49
Free email from local ISP, I'm not even a customer.
As above I don't trust the likes of gmail & hotmail.

I used to use Eudora, then Thunderbird but now can't be bothered with either & just use the webmail, I get few emails that aren't to my work email for which I have to use Outlook 2k3.

Dutch_guy
02-11-2006, 13:33
It`s Hotmail. I would change to gmail if it was possible to keep my old address, but I guess it isn`t?

no not really,it is possible to get the same address only with a @gmail.com extension behind it, given the desired name isn't already taken.

Oh and also, if you chance to gmail it doesn't mean you can't go on msn any more, you could just register with your gmail address and import all of your msn addresses to your new msn - gmail - account.

Monarch
02-11-2006, 18:59
Sorry to go off-topic, but how can you be embarassed over the internet? You're never going to meet these people.

Lol dude that was a joke, of course your not going to be embarrassed :laugh4:

Viking
02-11-2006, 19:49
no not really,it is possible to get the same address only with a @gmail.com extension behind it, given the desired name isn't already taken.

Oh and also, if you chance to gmail it doesn't mean you can't go on msn any more, you could just register with your gmail address and import all of your msn addresses to your new msn - gmail - account.

Ok. It will messy if I should change my address as I`m subscribed to dozens of services etc... + that I don`t have anything to complain about regarding Hotmail, so I`ll keep it. Thanks anyway.

Zalmoxis
02-14-2006, 04:50
I use GMail now, thanks to Templar Knight.

Lemur
02-14-2006, 05:20
If anybody needs a gmail account, and for whatever reason hasn't got an invite, I'd be more than happy to oblige.

Samurai Waki
02-14-2006, 06:08
G-Mail and Hotmail... per standard.

Oh and I got my 1,000th Post!:balloon2:

Monarch
02-14-2006, 13:23
Has anyone seen the thing in your gmail broswer inbox thing called 'Gmail in the UK'. It says all future UK registered adresses will have @googlemail.com due to some UK company claiming to GMail name.

Sasaki Kojiro
02-15-2006, 03:04
SquirrelMail

AntiochusIII
02-20-2006, 01:01
Just hotmail.

I don't trust google's involvement with the Chinese government. :no:

Besides, I don't want to lose contact with about 20-30 friends from another side of the world, who only knows my hotmail account. In fact, a few even know my password and did login pretend to be me in some IM sessions a long time ago -- or at least they knew, since they thought I changed from the old one so they couldn't access it anymore, though I actually didn't bother to do so. :laugh4:

(Language please. - Beirut)

BDC
02-21-2006, 18:40
Has anyone seen the thing in your gmail broswer inbox thing called 'Gmail in the UK'. It says all future UK registered adresses will have @googlemail.com due to some UK company claiming to GMail name.
Yes, Gmail sounds so much cooler. :(