PDA

View Full Version : Anyone for India/Persia Mod?

beauchamp
02-09-2006, 20:57
If anyone is willing, i really think that an Central Asian mod would be awsome. We could bring in elements from many many different factions such as Persians, Indian states, Abbasids/Ummayads, Chinese, Mongols, etc. Any time period would be cool. If anyone is interested with starting this just email me at pkarcook21@hotmail.com.

GiantMonkeyMan
02-09-2006, 22:15
there is already an asia tw in the works... i'll give you the link when i find it

edit-- wait, after a quick search i couldn't find the mod where i thought it was at the stratcommandcenter so... good luck with you mod!

hellas1
02-09-2006, 22:48
Hi guys!

Zhang Guo Total War-Total War for Ancient China is in the works.

Another forum was talking about Rise of Persia.

I think THIS IS an excellent idea, go for it man!

BTW, I know some steppe warrior tactics, essentially:

1. Use of the steppe "pony", NOT horse (was smaller than a standard horse)
2. Use of the Bow and Arrow (Composite, I believe, made of horn, various types of durable and flexible wood types, adhesive of sorts and in some cases ivory)
3. Hit and Run x's TWO: Attack, feign retreat, lure enemy out into steppe territory and attack and annihilate or keep attacking and feigning until enemy dies!!!!
4. Scouting parties: certain steppe tribes would use a "tree" diagram for scouting purposes and fighting also. Imagine a tree with its branches and leaves, these symbolize the steppe units in scouting/fighting mode. If all else fails, lure your enemy to the tree trunk, get it?

Groooovy! :2thumbsup:

BTW, I also know some history, if ya need help, I'm here for u dude. :book:

GIVE GHENGIS KHAN SOME PROPS PEEPS!

beauchamp
02-10-2006, 00:53
Is their really a Rise of Persia mod? If their is Ill see if they need help with it cause i really dont think i can develop a mod on my own. I know very little about the surrounding areas of Persia and India, but outside of that, I know Indian and Persian history pretty well...

hellas1
02-10-2006, 03:40
Hi,

There IS a rise of persia mod, but on a different forum which I believe has ties to this one!

Here it is: www.twcenter.net/forums

Listen, Persia is just one area man!
Central Europe or a Steppe Total War would be fuller so try to get them to come to us, know what I mean?

Later!

snevets
02-10-2006, 03:57
If you need to contact the rize of persia mod try someone called 'rez' at twc.